2019/2020 Fall Seasons update

I would still have to disagree that field size has that much of an impact. If your team could move the ball the size of the field doesn’t carry that big of an impact because your not sending a ball over the top and expecting a bigger, faster player to be able to run it down and get a shot on goal. If you look at the teams that are doing better this year they are the clubs/teams that are developing the entire team and creating talented little soccer players not the teams or clubs that kick the ball to one or two talented girls and expect them to make something out of nothing.

I don't agree with that at all. When you have a team with a bunch of really fast players it's not about launching the ball it's about having the room to move/run.

I don't agree with that at all. When you have a team with a bunch of really fast players it's not about launching the ball it's about having the room to move/run.
You are missing the point of why we play on the small fields and what they are trying to show the kids at this age which is possession. Teach the kids to play by moving the ball and breaking lines then once you get to the big field it makes them better players because they know more than boot and run

Could not agree less. Space is what works for possession and passing. On those small little fields players are more likely to play rec ball, like bumper cars, than to play precise passing schemes which takes space. The small fields benefit the less skilled teams and doesn't help anyone long term. The only time small fields benefit anyone is in Futsal when you have 5 players that can pass, pass, pass then score. Then yes it may help develop possession and passing, not in 9v9.

Could not agree less. Space is what works for possession and passing. On those small little fields players are more likely to play rec ball, like bumper cars, than to play precise passing schemes which takes space. The small fields benefit the less skilled teams and doesn't help anyone long term. The only time small fields benefit anyone is in Futsal when you have 5 players that can pass, pass, pass then score. Then yes it may help develop possession and passing, not in 9v9.
Doesn’t seem to be hurting teams like Galaxy, Legends and some of the Slammers teams that have been doing well this year and play a good all around game. Like I said before direct play is something all teams should know how to do but not the only thing they should be taught so if I were you I’d buckle up for the ride because if you think it’s bad now wait till next year when the girls get bigger and faster and play on the same size field. I’d say the field size has more of an impact then

For sure it will have more of an impact next year and not like I'm going to be any happier with the field sizes then. But when you say it doesn't seem to be hurting some of those top teams, are you paying any attention to what's happening so far with those teams?

Does anyone have standings available for SCDSL? please post them.
SCDSL official stance is that they start posting scores at U11 (this year for 09's) and start posting standings at U13. That said you can simply click on an 09's team page and the SCDSL website will list the standings for the age group there: http://scdslsoccer.com/_element_dis...7299/96013958-95377425/TEAM.html?rand6=331680.

Flight 1 West
01. LA Galaxy South Bay Girls 2009 Pre Academy I
02. Beach FC - Long Beach G09 R.Perez
03. CDA Slammers FC - Cerritos G09 Cruz
04. CDA Slammers FC - HB Elite G09
05. CDA Slammers FC - Cerritos G09 - Fortes
06. Sand and Surf SC Elite
07. LA Breakers FC G2009
08. Real So Cal G2009 Pre Academy I
09. Real So Cal G2009 Pre-Academy II
10. FRAM G09-Nunez

Flight 1 South
01. Legends FC G09 FC
02. Slammers FC G09 PA
03. So Cal Blues G09 Mulligan-Rennie
04. Slammers FC G09 TD
05. Arsenal FC G09
06. OC Surf G2009 Hernandez
07. So Cal Blues G09 Vaught
08. Legends FC G09 Gold

I believe standings are based on points per game (3 points for win, 1 point for tie). So a team with a 2-0 record would have a higher standing than a 3-1 team.

For sure it will have more of an impact next year and not like I'm going to be any happier with the field sizes then. But when you say it doesn't seem to be hurting some of those top teams, are you paying any attention to what's happening so far with those teams?
Not too much just whatever gets posted. Galaxy , Legends, Slammers and SD Surf typically at all age groups teach girls to play the right way

Teams that pass well can do so regardless of field size. I could make the argument that a small field works toward the advantage of a team that passes well because you need to make those quick combination passes to get out of pressure rather than relying on dumping it over the top to let your fast forward run onto it.

Regardless of small or big field teams that pass well are benefiting from the switch from 7v7 to 9v9 and will benefit even more with the swich to 11v11 in a year and a half (wow, that's just around the corner). Clubs/teams that rely heavily on direct play may find success with that at the young ages (it is really effective at really young ages)...but it becomes less effective at 9v9 and just plain ugly at 11v11. And then on the other hand you teams that struggle at the younger ages because the club is sticking to their guns and trying to play possession even though it may cost them some games. But those teams and players will reap the benefits down the road.

Flight 1 West
01. LA Galaxy South Bay Girls 2009 Pre Academy I
02. Beach FC - Long Beach G09 R.Perez
03. CDA Slammers FC - Cerritos G09 Cruz
04. CDA Slammers FC - HB Elite G09
05. CDA Slammers FC - Cerritos G09 - Fortes
06. Sand and Surf SC Elite
07. LA Breakers FC G2009
08. Real So Cal G2009 Pre Academy I
09. Real So Cal G2009 Pre-Academy II
10. FRAM G09-Nunez

Flight 1 South
01. Legends FC G09 FC
02. Slammers FC G09 PA
03. So Cal Blues G09 Mulligan-Rennie
04. Slammers FC G09 TD
05. Arsenal FC G09
06. OC Surf G2009 Hernandez
07. So Cal Blues G09 Vaught
08. Legends FC G09 Gold
While in the South things are going as expected, it is refreshing to see that in the West there is a bit of a changing of the guard at the top. LAGSB is on a roll and it appears they are finally showing the full potential of the talent they have at their disposal. They are a fun team to watch for sure (thanks youtube!). Next week, a big test vs Slammers Cruz.
The Real So cal Academy II (ex juggle the world OLE) has maybe not adjusted to SCDSL yet and appears to be struggling a bit.

Teams that pass well can do so regardless of field size. I could make the argument that a small field works toward the advantage of a team that passes well because you need to make those quick combination passes to get out of pressure rather than relying on dumping it over the top to let your fast forward run onto it.

Regardless of small or big field teams that pass well are benefiting from the switch from 7v7 to 9v9 and will benefit even more with the swich to 11v11 in a year and a half (wow, that's just around the corner). Clubs/teams that rely heavily on direct play may find success with that at the young ages (it is really effective at really young ages)...but it becomes less effective at 9v9 and just plain ugly at 11v11. And then on the other hand you teams that struggle at the younger ages because the club is sticking to their guns and trying to play possession even though it may cost them some games. But those teams and players will reap the benefits down the road.

The size of a field really will affect a team's passing ability, hence why Futsal is 5v5 and not 7v7 or 9v9. It gets too crowded and it makes for ugly soccer.

Field size in 9v9 comes into play on those fields set up for 7v7. Not all clubs have 3 different sized fields that they use. If scaled appropriately, I agree field size shouldn't play as big a role. But putting extra quality players on the same small field has made for some ugly games regardless of whether you are teaching possession or not.

While in the South things are going as expected, it is refreshing to see that in the West there is a bit of a changing of the guard at the top. LAGSB is on a roll and it appears they are finally showing the full potential of the talent they have at their disposal. They are a fun team to watch for sure (thanks youtube!). Next week, a big test vs Slammers Cruz.
The Real So cal Academy II (ex juggle the world OLE) has maybe not adjusted to SCDSL yet and appears to be struggling a bit.
It should be a four horse race in SCDSL West between Beach LB, LAGSB, CDA Fortes and CDA Cruz. But any of the flight 1 teams are capable of beating each other as seen with CDA HB taking down Beach (after Beach had beat CDA Fortes and Cruz) and Fram keeping it close with a 0-1 loss to CDA Cruz.

SCDSL South will come down to Legends, Blues and Slammers PA with Legends getting an early leg up with wins over Blues/Slammers PA.

I think next weekend will be a great game, your team will rise to the game. I am hoping for a great game. Also I would like to say hi to you at the game, let’s make that happen.

so, it appears that I have been assigned (by the lady in command) to this game so I should be up there. I will make sure to contact you before the game... :)

So we begin a 4 game road trip this weekend over the next month Simi Valley 126 miles
Santa Barbara 193 miles Bakersfield 139 miles and temple city only 81 miles before we get another home game in apple valley . Wish is luck that the gas prices don’t hike up too much lol.

So we begin a 4 game road trip this weekend over the next month Simi Valley 126 miles
Santa Barbara 193 miles Bakersfield 139 miles and temple city only 81 miles before we get another home game in apple valley . Wish is luck that the gas prices don’t hike up too much lol.
Look at the bright side...nobody is going to poach your players cause the drive to their clubs is too far.

Look at the bright side...nobody is going to poach your players cause the drive to their clubs is too far.

Yup that's the one bright spot but we also have to develop all of them too since no one wants to drive up here lmao.

On a side note anyone can recommend good food spots in any of those areas it's apreciated.

Yup that's the one bright spot but we also have to develop all of them too since no one wants to drive up here lmao.

On a side note anyone can recommend good food spots in any of those areas it's apreciated.

in Santa Barbara, check out enterprise fish house.
That place is awesome.

Simi Valley you have to go to green acres and get some tri tip sandwich’s. Place is very good and great prices.

Back