2018 D1 Women's Soccer Talk!!

WCC will send two teams.

Santa Clara plays winless Pacific. Need to take care on business to avoid a tough round 1 opponent.

BYU is set.

Will be interesting to see how the middle tier pac 12 does in round 1. No doubt Stanford, UCLA and USC will advance. Round 2 will be interesting. Stanford’s injuries open the door for UCLA. I’m going w them now.

Stanford's injuries look numerous and are making things tougher for them

Got to see their game on tv today, once again they didn't finish on several quality build ups (like they did vs Colorado, and like they did most of last season) but instead had to rely on a singularly spectacular shot to take a lead into halftime.

The left back being out in the 2nd half certainly was impactful.

The WSU goal was interesting, great effort on their part to capitalize on the situation in the moment.

Ucla looked good v Colorado, got to see some of that. #2 was a handful for the Buffaloes to deal with. Buffs had opportunities to get it done, but the department of defense for UCLA had other plans.

Utah with a stellar effort v USC. USC seemed impatient to me up top and probably should've put that game away.

Kudos to Oregon for finally getting a result vs a quality side in Arizona. Probably too little too late for NCAA for them, even with a likely W coming up vs OSU.

The UCLA/USC game should be something special. Sooo much talent on both teams.

Great season so far out west.

Really interesting day in pac12
WSU imo just locked their ticket
AZ might need the win v ASU
ASU def needs the win v az
What about Utah if they beat COLORADO?
SC getting a 1 seed....not likely after the draw with Utah but they will no doubt come out swinging v UCLA who got a good W v the buffs

Really interesting day in pac12
WSU imo just locked their ticket
AZ might need the win v ASU
ASU def needs the win v az
What about Utah if they beat COLORADO?
SC getting a 1 seed....not likely after the draw with Utah but they will no doubt come out swinging v UCLA who got a good W v the buffs

ASU needs the win to get in but the others are already in. If Utah wins they are in too. Whichever team wins between the Bruins and the Evil Empire gets a #2 seed and if UCLA loses they get a #4 and $C gets a#3.

Utah vs Colorado is a tossup. If Utah wins and their RPI gets into the 40s (not likely) then they get in.
Arizona State beats Arizona. Both get in the dance.
Oregon beats Oregon State and might get into the dance due to RPI.
Stanford nukes Cal and clinches the PAC 12 title.
Washington State beats Washington and is in.
UCLA beats $C in a College Cup type preview game.

7-9 teams get in depending upon next Friday. Should be fun.

Regardless if what conference you are in,

If you are in the lower half of your conference with less than .500 record you are climbing an uphill battle. Oregon.

Any predictions on how many get in from each conference?
ACC - 7
Big 12 - 4
Big East - 2
Big 10 - 3 or 4
Pac 12 - 7
SEC - I think it should be 5 or 6 but will probably be 7 or 8
West Coast - 2

Don't care about the rest they can't win it anyway.

BTW has anyone looked at the recruiting class for UCLA in 2020, it sick how good it is. How can they keep that many top players happy?

As this year has shown injuries happen, National team events happen and a deep roster can mitigate those things. Also, all that glitters isn’t gold. Some will be chiefs, some will be Indians, some will be role players and some will be great teammates.

Any predictions on how many get in from each conference?
ACC - 7
Big 12 - 4
Big East - 2
Big 10 - 3 or 4
Pac 12 - 7
SEC - I think it should be 5 or 6 but will probably be 7 or 8
West Coast - 2

Don't care about the rest they can't win it anyway.

ACC -9
PAC 12 -7
SEC -8
Big Ten - 5
Big 12 - 6
Big East -2
WCC -2
AAC -2

From a very reliable source...Looks like Chris Henderson is currently seeing 10 teams from the ACC (Wow!) and 6 from the Pac12. I haven't seen any of the Pac12's play this year, so I do not know if this is accurate.
Dqsu_7hWoAITxqR.jpg:large

From a very reliable source...Looks like Chris Henderson is currently seeing 10 teams from the ACC (Wow!) and 6 from the Pac12. I haven't seen any of the Pac12's play this year, so I do not know if this is accurate.
Dqsu_7hWoAITxqR.jpg:large

Your reading comprehension must be at a 2nd grade level. He posts those as a statement of how things sit now not to be predictive. Sounds like someone is hoping pathetic North Carolina State the 10th place finisher in the conference gets into the dance.

You are as transparent as glass. With so many injuries is your kid starting yet? The team sucks so if she isn’t why not? Can’t you ever post anything without a North Carolina State aggrandizing theme? 10th place in any conference sucks and doesn’t deserve a tournament bid douchebag.

Your reading comprehension must be at a 2nd grade level. He posts those as a statement of how things sit now not to be predictive. Sounds like someone is hoping pathetic North Carolina State the 10th place finisher in the conference gets into the dance.

You are as transparent as glass. With so many injuries is your kid starting yet? The team sucks so if she isn’t why not? Can’t you ever post anything without a North Carolina State aggrandizing theme? 10th place in any conference sucks and doesn’t deserve a tournament bid douchebag.
I believe he stated “currently seeing” which tells me he knows exactly what Chris’ posts are about. Dude why do you gotta drag someone else and their kid through the mud. I get that you have history but just give it a rest

As this year has shown injuries happen, National team events happen and a deep roster can mitigate those things. Also, all that glitters isn’t gold. Some will be chiefs, some will be Indians, some will be role players and some will be great teammates.

Guaranteed admission and in-state tuition to top a public university is often a better offer than they may get elsewhere, even if there is no financial help. Not sure how Cal has not figured that pitch out yet.

Simple roster math suggests half those commits are getting no scholarship help first year.

I have also heard from competing coaches to expect a few to change, but that could be just wishful thinking.

Dude, let it go.

8 teams from the ACC

A Losing record in conference is a no no. The beauty of any tournament is when the little overachieving school who has a spectacular season (every 10 years) gets to dance every once in awhile. #9 and #10 in the ACC won’t win the NCAA so who cares if they are left out.
Anybody watch Hoosiers?

Back