2018 D1 Women's Soccer Talk!!

That's not the only brutha Runnin the show.....there's a good dude in the NE who's now going on 24seasons. And the buzz around town is there's gonna be a fight for conference this season - GO YALE!!!

I’m glad the Ivy League has an ESPN deal. Their game against Princeton is gonna be a great one!!

Random observation on the eve of the 2018 season:

Pretty shameful that 5 PAC 12 teams have schedules that are ranked outside of the top 100 (which is hard to do with three top 10 teams automatically on your schedule) but only one team in the top 10 most difficult schedules.

I get playing Regional opponents but some of the teams on some of these schedules are obvious cupcakes. Trying to pad your record with anything less than mid major competition just ends up coming back to bite you in so many ways.

Damn the ACC teams know how to schedule although missing conference opponents is BS.

This might not be Cal’s year. I think the real battle in the conference is going to be from 4-9. Seven teams got NCAA bids with Wazzu going to the Sweet 16 after posting a losing record in conference play.

I would hate to be Colorado and Utah this season. The scheduling genies delivering Colorado 3 consecutive games against teams that all will be in the hunt for top two seeds plus games against what will be a hungry Cal team and Utah gets to start off that same last 5 game stretch with Stanford and ending with an $C team that unfortunately will be very good and needing a win before their annual loss to that cool team in the baby blue.

My picks for the PAC 12 with an * next to teams that I think will be dancing in November.

1. UCLA *
2. Stanford *
3. U$C *
4. Arizona *
5. Colorado *
6. Cal*
7. Washington *
8. Washington State *
9. Utah
10.Arizona State
11. Oregon
12. Oregon State

A rising tide raises all ships in the conference of champions. Good health to all this season (even $C)!

I'll play along for fun. With a couple teams slotted in under the assumption they have solid seasons and achieve to their potential/catch some breaks.

1. Stanford *
2. UCLA * (could be flipped, will likely be tight)
3. USC *
4. Arizona *
5. Washington State *
6. Oregon *
7. Colorado *
8. Cal
9. Washington
10. Utah
11. Arizona State
12. Oregon State

I know I went with some long shots, but like I said, playing along for fun.

Good luck to the SoCal players wherever they may be. Should be a fun season to watch!!

Last edited:
Random observation on the eve of the 2018 season:

Pretty shameful that 5 PAC 12 teams have schedules that are ranked outside of the top 100 (which is hard to do with three top 10 teams automatically on your schedule) but only one team in the top 10 most difficult schedules.

I get playing Regional opponents but some of the teams on some of these schedules are obvious cupcakes. Trying to pad your record with anything less than mid major competition just ends up coming back to bite you in so many ways.

Damn the ACC teams know how to schedule although missing conference opponents is BS.

This might not be Cal’s year. I think the real battle in the conference is going to be from 4-9. Seven teams got NCAA bids with Wazzu going to the Sweet 16 after posting a losing record in conference play.

I would hate to be Colorado and Utah this season. The scheduling genies delivering Colorado 3 consecutive games against teams that all will be in the hunt for top two seeds plus games against what will be a hungry Cal team and Utah gets to start off that same last 5 game stretch with Stanford and ending with an $C team that unfortunately will be very good and needing a win before their annual loss to that cool team in the baby blue.

My picks for the PAC 12 with an * next to teams that I think will be dancing in November.

1. UCLA *
2. Stanford *
3. U$C *
4. Arizona *
5. Colorado *
6. Cal*
7. Washington *
8. Washington State *
9. Utah
10.Arizona State
11. Oregon
12. Oregon State

A rising tide raises all ships in the conference of champions. Good health to all this season (even $C)!
Christmas Eve for MAP, won't sleep a wink.

Thanks. We will see if she gets on the field.
Welcome aboard! Tusks Up! If she works hard off the pitch as well as her time on she will see some time. Having just finished our 5 years stint, that pretty much how he works. Saw the roster and didn't recognize half the team. Good luck this season, I'll catch a game or two to see some great families.

https://goheels.com/roster.aspx?roster=508&path=wsoc
http://www.goduke.com/SportSelect.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=4200&SPID=1842&SPSID=22660

UNC only has 1 CA player
Duke only has 2 CA players

...Says quite a lot about the talent pool. It says most kids don't want to go away from home for college. That's it. Great players all over the country.

Both those teams are also rams! North Carolina is down 1-0 to Illinois and I gotta say Illinois plays better soccer with worse athletes!

I am pretty certain my kid was not as concerned about distance from home, as she was about distance to the beach.
Then she could have gone to State in Raleigh with my daughter! It is just about as close time-wise to the warm Atlantic waters as Fullerton is to the cold Pacific waters. About 2 hours. ;)

Then she could have gone to State in Raleigh with my daughter! It is just about as close time-wise to the warm Atlantic waters as Fullerton is to the cold Pacific waters. About 2 hours. ;)
Cold water does not bother her, she just does not stay in as long. Where are you getting 2 hours? It is about 45 minutes from Fullerton to Huntington Beach. Besides, she has been to Raleigh a few times and was not that fond of it.

Back