2018 D1 Women's Soccer Talk!!

Yep, that's why you commit to the school and academics and not for the coach. Lots can change and it can be unexpected.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.nc...ccer-mac-hermann-trophy-watch-lists-announced

MAC Hermann watchlist out and 5 Stanford players and 4 UCLA players are on the list. Pretty impressive. Spoiler Alert. Fleming wins it two straight years...
The crazy thing is there is an incoming Stanford freshman (Sophia Smith) who could very well end up having a better season than all 5 of her MAC watchlist teammates. https://www.foxsports.com/soccer/video/1295647811902

Good luck to Fleming. I imagine Macario and Davidson (and perhaps even Smith) will give her a run for her money over the next 2 years.

The crazy thing is there is an incoming Stanford freshman (Sophia Smith) who could very well end up having a better season than all 5 of her MAC watchlist teammates. https://www.foxsports.com/soccer/video/1295647811902

Good luck to Fleming. I imagine Macario and Davidson (and perhaps even Smith) will give her a run for her money over the next 2 years.

Nope. Smith will come off the bench for Stanford and will find the PAC 12 harder to score goals in than the cupcakes that she scored against. Catarina only scored 3 or 4 goals in conference play and that was against the weaker teams other than the one against $C. This ain’t weak a$$ International competition. No goal poaching.

Nope. Smith will come off the bench for Stanford and will find the PAC 12 harder to score goals in than the cupcakes that she scored against. Catarina only scored 3 or 4 goals in conference play and that was against the weaker teams other than the one against $C. This ain’t weak a$$ International competition. No goal poaching.
You are working way too hard diminish Macario's accomplishments. She was #1 in both points and assists and #4 in goals scored in the country last season. She had 6 goals and 6 assists in conference play. She also had 3 goals and 6 assists in the NCAA playoffs, including 2 assists against UCLA in the championship. There is a reason why she was espnW player of the year last season. She accomplished all that while drawing most of the defensive focus, which isn't going to happen this year with Smith in the lineup too. They look to be the best 1-2 punch we've had since Kelley O'Hara and Christen Press. You got a taste of what Macario can do playing alongside more dangerous strikers when she played in Thorns Spring Invitational against professional players last spring. She scored all four goals for the U-23 squad in that tournament. I can't wait to watch!

Not to mention Haley is also a beast and was coming on strong late in the season.

You are working way too hard diminish Macario's accomplishments. She was #1 in both points and assists and #4 in goals scored in the country last season. She had 6 goals and 6 assists in conference play. She also had 3 goals and 6 assists in the NCAA playoffs, including 2 assists against UCLA in the championship. There is a reason why she was espnW player of the year last season. She accomplished all that while drawing most of the defensive focus, which isn't going to happen this year with Smith in the lineup too. They look to be the best 1-2 punch we've had since Kelley O'Hara and Christen Press. You got a taste of what Macario can do playing alongside more dangerous strikers when she played in Thorns Spring Invitational against professional players last spring. She scored all four goals for the U-23 squad in that tournament. I can't wait to watch!

I diminish nothing that Cat does. Her father and I have had many, many conversations over the years and now that he lives in LA I see him often at games. She is a very amazing player with a wonderful tool kit and definitely deserving of recognition and her AA status.

Since you clearly love numbers and researching them please post the stat line of last years MAC Hermann trophy winner and if you feel up to it the three previous to that. I think you and anyone else interested might find it illuminating...

I stand by what I said. There is no player in the college game that is more influential. She can literally fill any role you need and at an amazingly high level. You really should just check out a game and only watch her and what she does. There are so many subtleties to her game that you can’t appreciate without keeping your eyes locked on her.

I’ve already said too much about it and decided to delete most of my post. Good luck to your Cardinal and see you in Cary.

Not to mention Haley is also a beast and was coming on strong late in the season.

And Tran and Kuhlman and Xiao. Haley is going to continue to be key for them going forward. There is no team in the country as deep with quality players as the Cardinal. They are likely going to have 3 U20 National Team players coming off the bench and 2 aren’t likely to play much at all until Davidson is gone for CONCACAAF qualifying. At the end of the day only 11 players can play at once and in the big games against the opponents that can legitimately beat them you are going to only see 5-6 players come off the bench. Radcliffe is an excellent coach and manages his roster well based upon the opponent.

Big game Dibiasi? The MOP for the College Cup Jaye Boissiere? No love for Davidson? The problem with that team is going to be who gets the credit for their run all season. There is no question who the dynamo is behind the team that I support even though she is not likely to be in the top 3 in scoring this season on her team as she will miss 6-7 games. I’d still take her over any midfielder in the world and have told her and her parents that on more than one occasion. I’m just glad that her and her family value her education and future beyond soccer or she clearly would be a pro. If she was American everyone would be advocating her going pro (assuming she even got picked when she was young because you know how her skill set looks nothing like any US YNT players that I have seen).

Back