2018-2019 DPL Season

Will DPL players be allowed to play on SCDSL teams in Fall? Like ECNL players have been able to?
Asking this again- will players on DPL rosters be able to play with their clubs teams in leagues like SCDSL?
DA players are not, correct?

Asking this again- will players on DPL rosters be able to play with their clubs teams in leagues like SCDSL?
DA players are not, correct?
DPL is not part of the DA, therefore they can play where ever their club allows and that includes the 03 pilot program. Pilot is not part of the DA.

This is exactly my point. Before and after league play, teams get to play teams from outside their league. If you look at the original post, DPL will travel to Vegas and other tournaments to play other DPL teams. i.e. the same 10-12 teams they play in league because no other region has DPL.
You’re adding afterthoughts that aren’t a part of the discussion in order further your Hateraide for DPL. .Dontou have some sort of daily “shit on DPL quota” you must meet?

I said nothing about the tournaments, we are talking about League Play. I just weighed in that during League Play, I find it to be an advantage of ECNL, DA and DPL that they play teams from outside the “Bubble”.

But you have to pull it into DPL specifics and twist it into a negative. To fit your anti-DPL commentary. I could see you holding on to the gate had your kid been wronged by their system, but you’ve admitted that your kids have aged out. So why? You used to bring value and comic relief to the forum. Now a Days its just DPL sucks this, DPL sucks that.... I kinda miss the old Fact.

DPL is not part of the DA, therefore they can play where ever their club allows and that includes the 03 pilot program. Pilot is not part of the DA.
Could SCDSL say “nope. You should be playing in our flight 1. Since you are not- you can’t play on an SCDSL team this Fall.” A closed league should be a closed league. You can’t play in Coast and SCDSL at the same time, right?

I heard the schedule will be out in August, with a league start over Labor Day Weekend. Our dd's team is '06 and my understanding is we will play a few tournaments as well outside of DPL. It's the direction the club wants to go, so either participate and support, or change clubs and do something different. DD likes her team and coach so it works for her. To each their own.

I get a kick out of the DPL haters.

I will try to summarize.

- It will never happen. No club is going to offer something called DPL. etc etc.
- What? it is only 9 games? What kind of league is that. Leagues need to play more than 9 games.
- It is only 9 games and the competition sucks. Why bother?
- This year...rumor of fall and spring. What? now these players can't play in other leagues? That sucks. Now they are in a closed circuit.
- Now announced fall and spring 24 games including some nice showcases? Well that is not good. Playing the same teams all year (like DA and ECNL). So they can't play in other So Cal leagues? That sucks. DPL is terrible.
- Only a couple of showcases? (conveniently forgetting that these teams can sign up and play in other events outside what is currently being considered).
- Oh and as always...the DPL teams suck for the most part.

I may have missed a few in there. But that kind of summarizes the progression of the criticism of DPL...usually by the same few people as well.

I get a kick out of the DPL haters.

I will try to summarize.

- It will never happen. No club is going to offer something called DPL. etc etc.
- What? it is only 9 games? What kind of league is that. Leagues need to play more than 9 games.
- It is only 9 games and the competition sucks. Why bother?
- This year...rumor of fall and spring. What? now these players can't play in other leagues? That sucks. Now they are in a closed circuit.
- Now announced fall and spring 24 games including some nice showcases? Well that is not good. Playing the same teams all year (like DA and ECNL). So they can't play in other So Cal leagues? That sucks. DPL is terrible.
- Only a couple of showcases? (conveniently forgetting that these teams can sign up and play in other events outside what is currently being considered).
- Oh and as always...the DPL teams suck for the most part.

I may have missed a few in there. But that kind of summarizes the progression of the criticism of DPL...usually by the same few people as well.

You forgot the initial and most important criticism which is the need for its creation. I don’t know if you’ve ever answered that question but Simi and I have been back and forth on that and even he agrees it was unnecessary.

And it’s the exact same thing with the discovery division, which my dd’s will play this Fall. Completely unnecessary. Any alleged additional perks could have been done without creating this division. In fact even the “champions” and “europa” divisions were unnecessary. This is all marketing to make players and parents feel special and just a little more prestigious than the next guy.

Then when people defend DPL or its perks at every turn it appears they are defending its creation and that’s why you have the push back. Very few DPL defenders have ever admitted that it was unnecessary and a marketing ploy to begin with. Until they do that, people will always be calling them out, and quite justified imo.

You’re adding afterthoughts that aren’t a part of the discussion in order further your Hateraide for DPL. .Dontou have some sort of daily “shit on DPL quota” you must meet?

I said nothing about the tournaments, we are talking about League Play. I just weighed in that during League Play, I find it to be an advantage of ECNL, DA and DPL that they play teams from outside the “Bubble”.

But you have to pull it into DPL specifics and twist it into a negative. To fit your anti-DPL commentary. I could see you holding on to the gate had your kid been wronged by their system, but you’ve admitted that your kids have aged out. So why? You used to bring value and comic relief to the forum. Now a Days its just DPL sucks this, DPL sucks that.... I kinda miss the old Fact.
Whoa bad way to start the week. I apologize but I think either you or I am misinterpreting each other. What I was trying to say is that there are 10-12 DPL teams in the world. All of the tournaments will only be against these same 10-12 teams. Additionally all of their league games will be played against these same DPL teams. On the other hand there are 100+ DA teams. So while they will play league games against the same 10-12 teams, at
least they have the opportunity to play other DA teams in tournaments and at Surf Cup they are even playing non DA teams. So I am confused about the anger generated by my response.

But to answer you, my beef with DPL is mainly the way it was marketed last year. I would say a few clubs told parents that it was a DA team to generate higher fees. Plus they over promised and under delivered on the number of games, interest that would be generated by colleges etc. I hate to see parents sold false dreams. Even Simi, DPL’s former biggest cheerleader, has changed his tune about DPL. But I will acknowledge that Beach’s DPL teams are awesome. However they were awesome before the patch.

Do they actually have a patch? If they do...then we can safely say DPL has made it
You forgot the initial and most important criticism which is the need for its creation. I don’t know if you’ve ever answered that question but Simi and I have been back and forth on that and even he agrees it was unnecessary.

And it’s the exact same thing with the discovery division, which my dd’s will play this Fall. Completely unnecessary. Any alleged additional perks could have been done without creating this division. In fact even the “champions” and “europa” divisions were unnecessary. This is all marketing to make players and parents feel special and just a little more prestigious than the next guy.

Then when people defend DPL or its perks at every turn it appears they are defending its creation and that’s why you have the push back. Very few DPL defenders have ever admitted that it was unnecessary and a marketing ploy to begin with. Until they do that, people will always be calling them out, and quite justified imo.
Well clearly DPL was created by these clubs to try to prevent those kids not on DA from jumping to an ECNL club.

In the long run it may turn out well for the kids...but the creation of it was clearly to benefit the clubs. So on that point I agree with you.

Just like like the creation of SCDSL was unnecessary. It was allowed clubs to grow past CSL’s rules that required the clubs top team to play in CSL when in ECNL was created and also limited clubs to only three teams per age group. It resulted in many smaller clubs getting gobbled up and the rise of the super clubs and highly paid DOC’s. My stance is I don’t begrudge he creation of any of these leagues. We live in a capitalistic country after all.

Whoa bad way to start the week. I apologize but I think either you or I am misinterpreting each other. What I was trying to say is that there are 10-12 DPL teams in the world. All of the tournaments will only be against these same 10-12 teams. Additionally all of their league games will be played against these same DPL teams. On the other hand there are 100+ DA teams. So while they will play league games against the same 10-12 teams, at
least they have the opportunity to play other DA teams in tournaments and at Surf Cup they are even playing non DA teams. So I am confused about the anger generated by my response.

But to answer you, my beef with DPL is mainly the way it was marketed last year. I would say a few clubs told parents that it was a DA team to generate higher fees. Plus they over promised and under delivered on the number of games, interest that would be generated by colleges etc. I hate to see parents sold false dreams. Even Simi, DPL’s former biggest cheerleader, has changed his tune about DPL. But I will acknowledge that Beach’s DPL teams are awesome. However they were awesome before the patch.
You’re making quite an assumption here. Several other GDA clubs across America have “Academy 2” or “Reserve” Teams that will participate in these events.

Let’s just leave DPL alone. It sounds more like you have a beef with a certain Club than the league. I will reiterate, I don’t think the formation of the League was necessary but neither is attacking the League as a whole when your beef is with individuals.

You’re making quite an assumption here. Several other GDA clubs across America have “Academy 2” or “Reserve” Teams that will participate in these events.

Let’s just leave DPL alone. It sounds more like you have a beef with a certain Club than the league. I will reiterate, I don’t think the formation of the League was necessary but neither is attacking the League as a whole when your beef is with individuals.
No on ever said that other teams from across the nation would be participating. That is useful information that changes what I said. Thank you for clarifying.

No on ever said that other teams from across the nation would be participating. That is useful information that changes what I said. Thank you for clarifying.
Don’t thank me yet. Looking back at my post, I misspoke. I should not have said “will attend”. Nothing is confirmed nor has anyone rumored to me. It just makes sense if you look at it from an objective standpoint.

Don’t thank me yet. Looking back at my post, I misspoke. I should not have said “will attend”. Nothing is confirmed nor has anyone rumored to me. It just makes sense if you look at it from an objective standpoint.
I believe in the TX forum there was talk about FDL (their version of DPL in TX/OK) might be attending a showcase in CA or NV. Nothing confirmed of course.

Could SCDSL say “nope. You should be playing in our flight 1. Since you are not- you can’t play on an SCDSL team this Fall.” A closed league should be a closed league. You can’t play in Coast and SCDSL at the same time, right?

DPL players have CalSouth cards so I'm guess NO

No his kid is now 18th on the DA roster. That is why he has stopped cheerleading DPL and is now Cheerleading the 18th player on a DA teams gets more playing time than a CSL or SCDSL player.
Mijo, you are not a very pleasant person. Full of hostility. They need to add a new emoji “asshole” button for you.

Mijo, from what you just said, this Mija who calls herself “Fact” seems to be going through club soccer withdrawal. It’s just NOT like it was even 2-3 years ago! Anyone not in it NOW has no business talking shit about any of it - they just do not know what the current reality is all about.

Get over it Mija! At least we don’t have to play caca scdsl flight 1 and 2 teams and then get criticized for beating them 22-0!! Please go back to bed.

Mijo, you are not a very pleasant person. Full of hostility. They need to add a new emoji “asshole” button for you.
Mijo, from what you just said, this Mija who calls herself “Fact” seems to be going through club soccer withdrawal. It’s just NOT like it was even 2-3 years ago! Anyone not in it NOW has no business talking shit about any of it - they just do not know what the current reality is all about.
And a loser and alt account button for you too. Just created an account and coming on very strong. Stop playing on the internet and get a life.

Back