2016 Flight Listings

The laufa team that went to Cerritos was the academy team. And a couple from the reserve team which is the Crl team.but there are a total of 16 players in academy team.but only 12 are full time academy players the other 4 play up and down to the reserve team when needed...also heard Slammers esparza team had players from Slammers godinez team....whats with all this .using guest players for tournaments .what ever happened to development?

So not totally off base if you just noted that there was another group of kids playing the Cerritos Cup for LAUFA Reserve Academy?. So the same boys that played this weekend are definitely on the current CRL team? How are they doing in CRL? They played well in the final vs PATS-LA. The CB #37 had Pogba like header off a sweet cross for a goal. The second goal was a soft one, the side AR claimed the ball went in after it was blocked several times. Good game overall.
Check Cerritos , LAUFA Reserve did not play, they were called LAUFA Red. Complete different group. No one on the Reserve roster played at Cerritos. Yes the boys that played at PATS are the CRL group. At CRL they lost 1-0 to Esparza and 2-1 to TFA. Would you call that struggle?

The laufa team that went to Cerritos was the academy team. And a couple from the reserve team which is the Crl team.but there are a total of 16 players in academy team.but only 12 are full time academy players the other 4 play up and down to the reserve team when needed...also heard Slammers esparza team had players from Slammers godinez team....whats with all this .using guest players for tournaments .what ever happened to development?
3 of those players has since left the club.

LAUFA Red @ Cerritos Memorial did in fact have players from the reserve team at least 2-3, not that it matters now.

It's no biggie. But some of the larger clubs have the capability of drawing kids from their other clubs to come in and guest at tournaments to make a super squad. Trophies bring in dollars.

Do you think LAUFA Reserve Academy makes the Champions division? I think they probably will be placed there.

Flights Live:
http://www.scdslsoccer.com/clubdirectory/flights/index_E.html

B2003 Flight 1
Champions Division
CDA Slammers FC - Cerritos B03 Esparza
CDA Slammers FC - Cerritos B03 Vargas
CDA Slammers FC - HB B03 Godinez Black
DMCV Sharks B2003 - Barton
Laguna United FC 2003 Blue
Los Angeles United FA B2003 Academy Reserve
Pateadores - Irvine B2003 Blue
San Diego Soccer Club B2003 Academy Navy
Strikers FC - South Coast B03
Temecula Valley Hawks SC Boys 2003 Academy
West Coast FC B03 Kirsch

Europa South
CDA Slammers FC - Fullerton B2003 Martinez
CDA Slammers FC - HB B03 B Godinez White
Irvine Slammers FC B03 PREMIER Trembly
Nomads OC B03*
Pateadores - Irvine B2003 White
San Diego Surf Academy Boys Select 2003
Strikers FC - Irvine 2003 Smith*

Europa North
Arsenal FC B03 FC
Beach FC B03 Rea
LA Galaxy South Bay Boys 2003 Elite
Pateadores - LA B2003
Real So Cal B03 White
Strikers FC - South Bay B2003 Black
TFA-FCLA B-03

Looks a lot like last year, with 11 teams in Champs most likely a 10 game season

Last edited:
I'm guessing since none of the 03's are in high school yet that they play a 12-14 game season. Not sure, but just a guess. Not sure any team would argue the placement on this. I think SCDSL got it right. FCLA from Legends cup might argue they could move up, but they didn't do so well in league last year so I'm guessing that impacted thier placement.

I'm guessing since none of the 03's are in high school yet that they play a 12-14 game season. Not sure, but just a guess. Not sure any team would argue the placement on this. I think SCDSL got it right. FCLA from Legends cup might argue they could move up, but they didn't do so well in league last year so I'm guessing that impacted thier placement.

Wonder if playoffs will even happen for the 03's since the 03's are on the showcase schedule. Last year it was one or the other and the U14 had no showcase just the playoff's. Might get > 10 games if there are no playoffs in this AG.

http://scdslsoccer.com/home/showcases/536388.html
Sunday - October 23, 2016 B2003

Read this: http://www.scdslsoccer.com/docs/SCDSLPLAYOFFSTRUCTURE.pdf

"Each age group, during league play, will have 2 groups. A “Champions” group and a “Europa” group. In the "Champions” group, there will be 11 teams (for a 10 games season). The TOP 8 of this group advance to the top level of the playoffs called the “Champions Division”. The BOTTOM 3 advance to the second level of the playoffs “Europa Division”.

In the "Europa" group, there will be several geographical groups but every team will play 10 games during their season.

Last edited:
Email came in from the league. Playoffs for o3s-98s, all the games will be in Norco. Generally, all brackets will start with a round of 16 and be single elimination (like last year). Playoffs starts November 5th.

Back