2016 Flight Listings

Buddhabman

SILVER ELITE
home-1-1.png

Any news on 2016 Flight Listings / Divisions?

I'm pretty sure this will get broken into Champions and Europa as well. Many of the duplicate clubs are different locations, but just under the main club umbrella.

B2003 Flight 1

Any ideas on who will be in Champions vs Europa?

If and that's a big if the league follows what it did last year in BU14; 10 or so team in Champs and Europa was split north & south with about 7 teams in each.

Only ten league games and done with the regular season by end of oct. http://www.scdslsoccer.com/teams/76084688/76124731-76084789/TEAM.html

The AG change really is the wildcard, hard to say if last year results will be weighted? will tournament or CRL play to date have more value? or will the traditional clubs get preferred placement?

Might be a bit of all the above but I would venture to say Champions might include:

CDA Slammers FC - HB B03 Godinez Black
CDA Slammers FC - Cerritos B03 Vargas
Laguna United FC 2003 Blue
Los Angeles United FA B2003 Academy Reserve
Real So Cal B03 White
San Diego Soccer Club B2003 Academy Navy
San Diego Surf Academy Boys Select 2003
TFA-FCLA B-03
Temecula Valley Hawks SC Boys 2003 Academy
West Coast FC B03 Kirsch

If and that's a big if the league follows what it did last year in BU14; 10 or so team in Champs and Europa was split north & south with about 7 teams in each.

Only ten league games and done with the regular season by end of oct. http://www.scdslsoccer.com/teams/76084688/76124731-76084789/TEAM.html

The AG change really is the wildcard, hard to say if last year results will be weighted? will tournament or CRL play to date have more value? or will the traditional clubs get preferred placement?

Might be a bit of all the above but I would venture to say Champions might include:

CDA Slammers FC - HB B03 Godinez Black
CDA Slammers FC - Cerritos B03 Vargas
Laguna United FC 2003 Blue
Los Angeles United FA B2003 Academy Reserve
Real So Cal B03 White
San Diego Soccer Club B2003 Academy Navy
San Diego Surf Academy Boys Select 2003
TFA-FCLA B-03
Temecula Valley Hawks SC Boys 2003 Academy
West Coast FC B03 Kirsch

Solid list.
Not having a Strikers, Pats, Surf or LAG team in the Champ division "looks" off, but it holds true since all of their A teams (or a majority of those boys) are now DA.
I'd venture to say LAUFA may be in there or perhaps Sharks.

LAFA Reserve will be interesting as they field VERY different teams in tourneys and CRL. The tournament teams are huge, physical and fast. The CRL team is one of the smaller teams and struggle.

LAFA Reserve will be interesting as they field VERY different teams in tourneys and CRL. The tournament teams are huge, physical and fast. The CRL team is one of the smaller teams and struggle.

PATS Cup this past weekend, LAFA Reserve showed up with their tournament team. They have about 4 kids that were big, fast and talented. #37, and #32 are both 5'6" - 5'8" 130, built like teenagers and can fly. Those 4 were heads above the rest of the team, the other boys were good, but a distinct difference in athletic capability

I agree with a majority of "youknowthat". I'm guessing/hoping with change to birth year that they play 14 games at this level, but I also hope they do Europa and Champions. Some of the top flight 1 teams are a lot bigger and stronger than the "younger" flight 1 teams. Watching Cerritos Cup and then PATS Cup this weekend, there is just a huge difference in size and speed with some of the kids/teams already.

My Champions League...in no particular order
Slammers Vargas (U13 flight 1 winners in 2016)
Slammers Godinez (Albion Cup winners, CRL strength, ignoring Cerritos performance)
LAUFA Academy Reserve (Cerritos winners, Pats Cup winners, CRL)
FCLA Black (just based on Legends Cup performance...not sure they played anything else significant)
Laguna (Cerritos performance)
SDSC Navy (CRL)
West Coast FC (CRL performance, tournament performance in general)

Arguements for last 3...
Slammers Esparza (CRL, they play all the top tourneys and are in every game, Legends finalist)
Temecula Valley Hawks (haven't seen them play, so I can't speak to them at all. They may be fantastic and an auto Champions League team, but I haven't seen them even once)
Strikers South Coast (made CRL, won Flight 1 U12 last year. I think that's enough of an argument to push them into Champions)
DMCV Sharks (had a tough CRL bracket. Strong team...They will be disappointed if they don't make it)
Pats Irvine (poor showing at Pats Cup, didn't play CRL, just thinking one of the two teams in Irvine should be strong...)
Surf (well...it's Surf, but CRL performance wasn't good, and I think they might get passed over for Champions. That being said, if Surf DOC feels they belong in Champions, my guess is they get it)
LA Galaxy Elite (qualified for CRL, it's still Galaxy so the name pulls kids regardless, tell board to just ignore 15-0 loss vs. Godinez in CRL)
RSC White (not sure they have played anyone, would get in on name alone and U12/U13 results from 15/16 season. Top kids are all on DA team...I think)

It should be interesting to see what SCDSL does for this age. I definitely think they should have a Champions and Europa, and I think it will create more competitive games each week for these teams if they are placed correctly.

PATS Cup this past weekend, LAFA Reserve showed up with their tournament team. They have about 4 kids that were big, fast and talented. #37, and #32 are both 5'6" - 5'8" 130, built like teenagers and can fly. Those 4 were heads above the rest of the team, the other boys were good, but a distinct difference in athletic capability

I know this has been beaten to death in this forum, but seriously, what's the point of this for a club with DA status? Why stack a team for the sake of a tournament win?

Slammers Godinez (Albion Cup winners, CRL strength, ignoring Cerritos performance)

This can't be the same team. They lost 2 of their games that tournament 2:0 & 4:1. Since then, between Albion Cup and CRL they've won their games by a combined score of 48:0!!! Seriously, WTF?!?

Last edited:
Between the age group change, player movement, DA leagues the dust has yet to settle, in time the regular season teams will give a clearer picture.

Rosters for summer tournaments can vary as kids are on vacations, coaches trying new ones out, "guest" players are brought in from sister or affiliated teams, etc.

Competition on these tournaments can vary widely with some new teams just getting going now. The larger more competitive ones like Cerritos normally tell you more about team performance vs the smaller to medium size one where the competition overall is just not as strong.

It's Not Where You Start, It's Where You Finish! Let's see how development goes and who improves from the roster freeze dates.

Last edited:
What is the purpose to win a tournament with guest players that you will not have to play on league. Seems like online dating to me, you look at picture (Points) that does not come close reallity and all fake.
Where is the development of players? Vacuum new and better to replace your loyal hard working players.

What is the purpose to win a tournament with guest players that you will not have to play on league. Seems like online dating to me, you look at picture (Points) that does not come close reallity and all fake.
Where is the development of players? Vacuum new and better to replace your loyal hard working players.
It's all about the WINS, always Has Beens.

You can actually see the size difference with the stronger teams now to their B and C teams.

West Coast Schedule is up - http://events.gotsport.com/events/?eventid=52395

I count seven teams listed as SCDSL BU14 Flight 1 playing in WC:

OC NOMADS B03
WEST COAST FC 2003 KIRSCH
IRVINE SLAMMERS B03 PREMIER
STRIKERS FC SOUTH BAY 03
CDA SLAMMERS FC GODINEZ
BEACH FC B03 REA
LAGUNA UNITED FC B03 BLUE

Real So Cal is the only USSDA playing this tournament, let's see how it goes for them after losing their giant goalkeeper.

There is no tournament team, where do you come up with this crap? The group that played Cerritos Cup is completely different from the one that played PATS Cup. The group that won PATS Cup is the kids that played CRL.

Enjoy your post most of the times, however you are way off base on this one. The group that won PATS is the same group for CRL, completely different from the Cerritos Cup winners.

Enjoy your post most of the times, however you are way off base on this one. The group that won PATS is the same group for CRL, completely different from the Cerritos Cup winners.

So not totally off base if you just noted that there was another group of kids playing the Cerritos Cup for LAUFA Reserve Academy?. So the same boys that played this weekend are definitely on the current CRL team? How are they doing in CRL? They played well in the final vs PATS-LA. The CB #37 had Pogba like header off a sweet cross for a goal. The second goal was a soft one, the side AR claimed the ball went in after it was blocked several times. Good game overall.

Back