17-18' Academy tryouts or Training Sessions

A few kids from Mondays try out were already practicing last night with the 04's (maybe 3-4). A lot of 05's kids new and existing. If your kid is a 04, it's going to be a long ride because they are also waiting for TFA kids who have nowhere to go after season ends. I heard most of the 05's from TFA are going to LAFC.

You didn't see the 3 or 4 coaches with clipboards walking from group to group of 2005s the entire 90 minutes? Not sure how you could miss it if you were watching the 05s. I have no idea what their level of focus was.
Yes I saw them. They were practically all I was watching. Your last sentence was key...level of focus. But hey, maybe they are so good at ID'ing that they don't need to see much.
My overall point though is not to be discouraged by not making that particular cut.

Yes I saw them. They were practically all I was watching. Your last sentence was key...level of focus. But hey, maybe they are so good at ID'ing that they don't need to see much.
My overall point though is not to be discouraged by not making that particular cut.

Well we didn't make it past the Monday night round, so they must not have been focused enough ;)

A few kids from Mondays try out were already practicing last night with the 04's (maybe 3-4). A lot of 05's kids new and existing. If your kid is a 04, it's going to be a long ride because they are also waiting for TFA kids who have nowhere to go after season ends. I heard most of the 05's from TFA are going to LAFC.

It s an interesting situation. Those already in an academy technically can't try out somewhere else until they are released and coaches legally can't contact them until season is over. Yes, many TFA players looking for spots. Are coach's holding spots for them and just waiting until the time is right? And if so, how many spots does that actually leave?

LAFC unveiled a proposal to locate its soccer operations headquarters and training facility on the eastside of Los Angeles, at the campus of Cal State LA. Plans for the new facilities were approved today by the California State University Board of Trustees.

“Cal State LA is the perfect home for our team, and this plan affirms our commitment to building our future with the youth of Los Angeles,” said LAFC Club President and Owner Tom Penn. “We look forward to developing world class players and talent for decades to come at Cal State LA, which has a history of elevating the communities it serves.”

The plans call for LAFC to invest $30 million to renovate Cal State LA’s stadium field and construct a state of the art training facility that will serve as home to the Club’s MLS players, staff, coaches and youth development team LAFC Academy. LAFC will also support Cal State LA students through internships and collaborations with university educational programs.

https://lafc.com/lafc-announces-plans-establish-soccer-training-facility-cal-state-la/

000_Final_Hybrid-Steps-1024x512.jpg

Mahrez, will LAFC be having a 2003 team for the 2018-2019 season? Seems like I saw someone saw they would have all the age groups by 2018.

LAFC unveiled a proposal to locate its soccer operations headquarters and training facility on the eastside of Los Angeles, at the campus of Cal State LA. Plans for the new facilities were approved today by the California State University Board of Trustees.

“Cal State LA is the perfect home for our team, and this plan affirms our commitment to building our future with the youth of Los Angeles,” said LAFC Club President and Owner Tom Penn. “We look forward to developing world class players and talent for decades to come at Cal State LA, which has a history of elevating the communities it serves.”

The plans call for LAFC to invest $30 million to renovate Cal State LA’s stadium field and construct a state of the art training facility that will serve as home to the Club’s MLS players, staff, coaches and youth development team LAFC Academy. LAFC will also support Cal State LA students through internships and collaborations with university educational programs.

https://lafc.com/lafc-announces-plans-establish-soccer-training-facility-cal-state-la/

000_Final_Hybrid-Steps-1024x512.jpg

Looks awesome!

$30M is a big investment. Does LAFC have that sitting in the bank or will that money be raised?

Wow, way for LAFC to step up. Question, is LAFC going to set up a school for their academy players similar to Galaxy?

Does anyone know what happens next? Do players just show up on Saturday?

Also, will LAFC have a reserve team ?

Back