05s - Games of the Week

Tomorrow's game, CCU Socal academy vs. LAGSD in CSL at least on paper looks to be a big game. LAGSD is 2-0 and CCU Socal is 1-1 so far, but Socal's loss was a close one to Eagles and we all know they can compete with the top teams. I expect these two teams will both be in the top 4 by the end of the league. So this game could have some final standings implication.

Tomorrow's game, CCU Socal academy vs. LAGSD in CSL at least on paper looks to be a big game. LAGSD is 2-0 and CCU Socal is 1-1 so far, but Socal's loss was a close one to Eagles and we all know they can compete with the top teams. I expect these two teams will both be in the top 4 by the end of the league. So this game could have some final standings implication.

It was another close game with LAGSD scoring off of a corner to make it 1-0. It was 0-0 at halftime. SoCal Academy had chances, but just didn't have luck this weekend. Very tough game to play in very windy conditions. I am not kidding, several throw-ins never made it on the field and once the ball went out it just kept going. The wind on the San Bernardino fields is ridiculous and to drive all that way to watch our girls play a game in those conditions is very annoying.

It was another close game with LAGSD scoring off of a corner to make it 1-0. It was 0-0 at halftime. SoCal Academy had chances, but just didn't have luck this weekend. Very tough game to play in very windy conditions. I am not kidding, several throw-ins never made it on the field and once the ball went out it just kept going. The wind on the San Bernardino fields is ridiculous and to drive all that way to watch our girls play a game in those conditions is very annoying.
How that is considered a neutral site for either team is amazing. Games there have always been haunted by the winds.

Had a game of the week Milan vs. Riverside FC. They came in 10-1, they won their last two tournaments in the summer, and had outscored their opponents 45-5. When we played them the first time we lost 4-0, our worst loss of the year.

In the first half felt we outplayed them, strong defense and good keeper play, but like happens a lot we weren't able to put shots on goal. Still, it was 0-0. 2nd half we started strong, daughter (keeper) flew across the keeper box to take a ball away from a girl about to shoot that had a touch a bit farther than she should have. Nice drop kick to mid-line, some passes then a shot from just outside the 18 went over the keepers head for a 1-0 lead. We then had a penalty kick on a hand ball inside the box, it hit her hand, not sure it was intentional, but we missed the kick.

Riverside upped their game for the last 15 minutes. They have a great center-mid with amazing ball control. She'd play back when needed, beat a girl and pass to the outside, etc. Thought they were outplaying us but we were still up 1-0. With about 3 minutes to go their very big, very fast left winger beat a girl in the corner. Pressure came but she had a good angle to the goal. Daughter charged and slid(she thinks she got a small piece of it, not sure), kick was hurried a bit, but on target, but she kicked it a bit too hard and high, over the net. We beat Riverside 1-0. Great win for the girls. Love seeing them improve.

CSL game of the week is the Eagles vs. LAGSD match up. Top two teams and the only teams that are undefeated so far in the CSL Silver elite.
This game will likely decide the 1st and 2nd place team for the season.

Lots of games this week. We play some really good teams this week. Should be interesting to gauge where we are. Too many girls have been missing practice the last 4 weeks, but we should be competitive. Always enjoy seeing a team for the first time and how they play.

Tech, Does IE Surf move their girls from team to team for tournaments? Playing the west team Saturday, was wondering if they might have some additional girls from Park, Batista, or Premier.

Tech, Does IE Surf move their girls from team to team for tournaments? Playing the west team Saturday, was wondering if they might have some additional girls from Park, Batista, or Premier.
Always a possibility but movement has been limited this season between the teams. Our girls, Premier, borrowed a couple of girls a few games this season as our girls dealt with injuries.

I do know that our girls have the weekend off. My DD will be guesting for an 06 squad this weekend at Tournament of Champions, pretty sure everyone else on the team will be home resting.

We had our toughest 3 game tournament this past weekend. Also had my daughter miss her first game.

Game 1 - We faced the CENTRAL CA AZTECS, lost 2-1. They had the tallest strongest aggressive girl I've seen this year. Intimidated us at first. She would also run right through our girls as well. Had at least 6-7 fouls called on her, could have been more. They scored on a cross as a girl was left open. The mentioned girl also scored on a break away. My daughter probably should have charged out, but I don't second guess her anymore(at least out loud). Yes, I'm learning. 2nd half the girls played better, we scored on a shot that hit the post and deflected off the keeper. They had another chance to score from same girl on a one on one attempt that my daughter deflected with her left hand off the post out of bounds. 2-1 loss but would be fun to get another crack at them.

Game 2 – IE Surf West. Pretty sure they used 3-4 guest players as I saw the coach handing some girls shirts at the beginning of the game. We ended up winning 1-0. Good through ball early and a strong break away score in the first half. Second half we played all defense, with my daughter having her best game of the tournament at keeper. With about 10 minutes left my daughter was out past the 18 as play started coming into our half. She back pedaled and fell, us parents though it was funny as she quickly got back up and back into position. She hurt her wrist on that play. They then took the ball to the right and lofted a pass into the box which my daughter charged out past a couple of their girls and punched out with both hands, but the punch jammed her the wrist that was already hurting. They shot again which she caught but dropped, but recovered. She ended up taking a knee after her drop kick went out of bounds. Thought she might come out but wouldn’t leave. Made one more save before the whistle.

Game 3 – TFA LA. Easily the best team we have faced, as well as the best one I’ve watched. Great team. We lost 3-0. Sadly my daughter wasn’t able to play as her wrist was swollen in the morning and she couldn’t move her hand. We went and supported the team. So it was backup keeper time. First time all year for anyone except my daughter. First girl gave up a goal on a rebound off the post that was shot back in. Second goal was on the ground and for some reason she jumped over the ball. Yep. She came off at half crying and wouldn’t go back in. 11 year old girls. Down 2-0 at half. Second half another girl came out and played keeper, let a ball go through her hands for a score. 3-0. First half we didn’t have a shot on goal, but second half the girls played better, with a few shots on goal. Would have been 1-0 final if my daughter had been in goal, with a chance(probably small but you never know) that she clears the rebound on their one score. Who knows.

The final game showed me that our team still has a long way to go, but does have some good athletes, as well as girls that won’t quit. Also like that the coaches made adjustments at half. The TFA girls understand where to be at all times, and work as a team. We pass a lot on the ground and it was very difficult to get anything past their defensive line as they shifted well together. The few times we chipped over them we didn't hit the channels with the chips, instead all the way to the keeper. They also have a couple girls that can break a few ankles with their dribbling. Not a large team, just well coached and well trained. You can tell they have been together for a while. On a free kick they lined up and all moved at the exact time putting our girls in the offside position. Very nice. Our coach was very impressed with them as well and hopes to take our girls to that level.

Took daughter to urgent care Sunday, just a sprain.

Fun weekend of soccer. Played two games on a High School field, both vs Murrieta Surf. 120 yards long. Field seemed huge. The girls looked so tiny down there on the field with us watching from the stands. Daughter had a good weekend in goal as the team only allowed one goal over 4 games. The finals saw her play really well, coming out to the 30 yard line to clear some through balls, controlling pass backs to her with good passes back to her teammates. Surf team learning to play the right way, which made the games enjoyable.

Back