05 LAFC vs 05 LA Galaxy this weekend (12/8/18): Predictions and Discussion

Cool thank you video. I’m sure that the training at LAFC and Galaxy are top notch. However, is it just the same training that USSDA mandates for every club or does MLS clubs do more for development? Maybe MLS clubs do less for development cause they know they can recruit; I’m not saying that’s the case; I’m sure every club does their best but when the same kids are starting 100% of the time and playing the full 90 minutes each game while the same kids are left riding the bench (kids who bust their ass in practice day in and day out never miss) then it kinda looks like it’s about winning. Now this is just my opinion but it seems to me it’s always the smaller boys who haven’t hit their growth spurts yet. Is this development or is this about winning? Another observation, why is every team stacked with extra wingers strikers and mids... and their defense plays the entire game? Every game has more attacking players on their bench cause these are the boys who score and every team wants to win. Why do we celebrate when a player runs up the field dribbling the ball head down straight into the defense and now takes a shot into a wall of five defenders and scores? Why are we happy about the goal? I rather see that player do the right thing and lay the ball off to his trailing teammates who have better shooting options. It’s just absurd what we think what development is... idk. Cool video though. I hope those boys are still there in the future

This guy sounds a lot like a Dr. Richard Hurtz posting. Some decent points but ALWAYS complaining about smaller players not getting a chance. We’ll assume your son is on the “smaller” side. Just let the kids have fun and let this be their journey.

This guy sounds a lot like a Dr. Richard Hurtz posting. Some decent points but ALWAYS complaining about smaller players not getting a chance. We’ll assume your son is on the “smaller” side. Just let the kids have fun and let this be their journey.
As someone who never played soccer as a kid and only starting learning the nuances of the game as my son got involved, it seems to be one of the only sports where "players size" doesn't play a major factor at all.
My son was "undersized" for many years, so he worked on his technical ability. He is almost 11 and has caught up to the other kids in terms of size and has great skills as well. Sometimes being undersized makes you develop tools as a player that "bigger" kids don't need to use at a young age.

Don’t know who that is I searched and didn’t see any posts. Anyways yes my boy is smaller. I can assume your kid is big. Can’t wait till they play each other

Back