05 Academy Tryouts??

Ive heard that some players have already accepted DA spots for next year.
Will clubs have actual tryouts? Or will they try to fill as many spots as possible without opening it up for outside players to have a look?

Ive heard that some players have already accepted DA spots for next year.
Will clubs have actual tryouts? Or will they try to fill as many spots as possible without opening it up for outside players to have a look?
I know of two clubs that did private tryouts for kids there interested in over the last month. My dd was fortunate to be offered a DA spot on those two clubs. Not sure she wants to give up other sports just for soccer.

I know of two clubs that did private tryouts for kids there interested in over the last month. My dd was fortunate to be offered a DA spot on those two clubs. Not sure she wants to give up other sports just for soccer.

There are 04s who have quit DA to continue playing other sports. That has been one of the biggest complaints so far.

Are clubs that have a current 05 team with a “pre-Academy” designation mostly taking this team into academy next year?

Seems that last year, when girls DA was first announced, that everyone attended multiple club tryouts.

at the early age, I don't see a lot of kids "needing" to play DA. Teams with Pre-DA like Surf or Galaxy or Blues will keep the same teams, save for a few changes here and there, just like any other year. Going into HS, it'll shift again - some girls will back out of DA to play HS and other sports, and others will try to jump up to DA in their place.

Back