Veo 2 Camera Advice (Connectivity Issues)

fjc8871

SILVER
Just received the Veo 2 cam this past Thursday and I am having connectivity issues via iOS and the camera. For every 10 connection attempts, I have 1-2 successful connections.

I went through the troubleshooting steps, close the app, restart the camera. Forget the Veo WiFi network, and turn airplane mode on when connecting. Tried connecting on my iPhone, iPad and wife’s iPhone. Same results.

Anyone else experience connectivity issues? Any tips and tricks to connect?

I have sent Veo support a message in case I got a lemon.

I have the Veo 1 and I've had issues as well. Not as much connecting... that happens just fine but when I open the app it won't always give me the preview of the field or allow me to start recording. Usually takes a couple tries. You're doing everything I would try and that they recommend. Let me know what they say about your ticket.

I have the Veo 1 and I've had issues as well. Not as much connecting... that happens just fine but when I open the app it won't always give me the preview of the field or allow me to start recording. Usually takes a couple of tries. You're doing everything I would try and that they recommend. Let me know what they say about your ticket.
That has happened to me several times on Veo 2. I guess it's known because the fix is to reboot the cam.

Today was the first time recording a game with the new camera. Connected after 2-3 tries and started to record. Raised the tripod and walked away. After 10-15 mins I checked my phone and noticed it stopped recording. I attempted to connect again, and after serval tries, I was able to connect again. I noticed right away that the battery level shows 0%. I made sure the battery was fully charged (three lights). I disconnected and connected again and it stopped recording again. I clicked on record and crossed my fingers. No issues after that.

I uploaded the videos (automatically upload on Veo 2 when connected to WiFi). 16 minute first half video is laggy and jittery. The unprocessed 43 minute2nd half video looks to have issues too. 43 raw minute video is taking a while to process.

Waiting to hear back from Veo. I am going to try and call them too. Wish me luck.

For me with a Veo 1, turning off cellular data is usually helpful. Also you need to be fairly close to the camera.

Update! After opening up 2 tickets with Veo and providing them video examples and pictures, I received an email yesterday advising that our camera is part of a bad batch and a replacement will be sent. They mentioned we could still use the camera until the replacement arrives but we would continue to experience recording issues. I hope the new camera addresses all issues.
  1. Connectivity
  2. 0% battery on Veo app but camera is fully charged
  3. Stops recording continuously
  4. Poor recording quality (laggy and choppy)

Thank you for the advice. Veo stepped up and provided me with a new camera after identifying I received a lemon. Connectivity is still not 100% but I figured out the "pattern" to connect which includes, turning on the cam, leaving the camera on for a bit, then attempting to connect. Usually does not connect after the first try and I have to close and restart the app to connect successfully. The lemon camera would stop recording once the phone was no longer connected or the phone screen was locked. The replacement camera is night and day. The recording quality is better as well. So far this has been resolved.

Back