US Soccer fails to protect players

The findings are clear that “verbal and emotional abuse is common in youth soccer.”

This video sums it up:

"Abuse in the NWSL is rooted in a deeper culture in women's soccer, beginning in youth leagues, that normalizes verbally abusive coaching and blurs boundaries between coaches and players."

Time for accountability, for the players to take back some control and have checks and balances for the coaches and admins.

This video sums it up:

"Abuse in the NWSL is rooted in a deeper culture in women's soccer, beginning in youth leagues, that normalizes verbally abusive coaching and blurs boundaries between coaches and players."

Time for accountability, for the players to take back some control and have checks and balances for the coaches and admins.

Special on ESPN tonight. E60 called: Truth BE Told: The Story of the NWSL. Tonight at 7pm EST

my dd is experiencing this rn at her school. Power 5, but, it shouldn't matter, at any level. The level of mental and verbally abusive practices that go on. we are doing our best to support her through this and let her know...this isn't normal, it isn't acceptable and it isn't about you. It isn't coaching, it's bullying. It's about power and ego, and not about the player. There have been girls that have quit, transfered, and have complained and it still goes on. i really hope that change is coming. at all levels. it has to start at the youth level and move forward .it also has to come from parents who speak up and say. Enough is Enough.

my dd is experiencing this rn at her school. Power 5, but, it shouldn't matter, at any level. The level of mental and verbally abusive practices that go on. we are doing our best to support her through this and let her know...this isn't normal, it isn't acceptable and it isn't about you. It isn't coaching, it's bullying. It's about power and ego, and not about the player. There have been girls that have quit, transfered, and have complained and it still goes on. i really hope that change is coming. at all levels. it has to start at the youth level and move forward .it also has to come from parents who speak up and say. Enough is Enough.
So sorry to hear that! I hope things gets better us please use all resources that you can to stand up for your kid and the program. Wish you and your family the best!

Yeah 100% and its a systematic failure beyond the coaches to include execs, managers, admin, and the like that are/where the enablers.

"We're angry that it took over 200 people sharing their trauma to get to this point right now. And we're angry that it took Mana [Shim] and Sinead [Farrelly] and Erin [Simon] and Kaiya [McCullough] and Alex [Morgan] and Christen [Press] and Sam [Johnson] to repeatedly ask people in authority to take their abuse and their concerns seriously.

"And I think for so long, this has always fallen on the players to demand change," Sauerbrunn continued in an opening statement. "And that is because the people in authority and decision-making positions have repeatedly failed to protect us, and they have failed to hold themselves and each other accountable. What, and who, are you actually protecting? And what values are you upholding?

You have failed in your stewardship. And it's my opinion that every owner and executive and U.S. Soccer official who has repeatedly failed the players and failed to protect the players, who have hidden behind legalities, and have not participated fully in these investigations, should be gone."

Time to clean up and hold those enablers accountable, saying silent is just a omission of guilt so that's not going to fly.

Soccer's governing body needs to do a much better job at vetting personnel and not continue to pass the enablers around without any consequences, reviews, or sharing of these employee performance, character, and actions.

Back