Surf cup controversy

J0g0_B0nit0

SILVER ELITE
Anyone that can confirm the rumor that the Crossfire team was actually a Boy that identifies as a girl it was the talk of the weekend in the age bracket ?

The issue raised in this thread is certainly an emerging and important topic in our nation these days. However, this would be better taken up with tournament officials or other governing body offline. Remember, this is a 10-year-old child - who quite possibly could be internet savvy or have friends who are.
Having an adult directly refer to any child by some identifiable characteristic (i.e. by position, team, or other characteristic) is terribly dangerous in the best of circumstances. But that is especially true where the child may be conscientious of either appearance (not measuring up to society's norms of what a girl or boy should look like) or trying to fit in while transitioning. Please think carefully before further posting on this thread

oh no!!! My 10 year old didnt win a plastic trophy because some other kid wanted to play and we aren't 100% sure what their gender is.

Great job. Pass on a rumor to the entire soccer world. I have had two girls with short hair play on my teams in recent years. Both were very talented players. Jackass parents like you started rumors that they were boys and humiliated the girls from the sidelines. One left the game crying.

Whoever you are, J0g0_B0nit0, you are a jackass.
The JO stands for jerk off

I'm not going to generalize here and will discuss specifics even though identifying this player and team in this scenario makes me uncomfortable. This is a place for discussion and this won't be the last time we question "is this a boy or a girl?" playing against our daughters.

This conversation has happened on sidelines at multiple tournaments throughout the country regarding this same team. I've witnessed it first-hand not just with my kid's team but with others playing against the team in question. I have also heard that this concern has been brought to tournament officials and their response was that the player's eligibility isn't up to the tournament but is on the club's sanctioning body.

Anyone that can confirm the rumor that the Crossfire team was actually a Boy that identifies as a girl it was the talk of the weekend in the age bracket ?
oh no!!! My 10 year old didnt win a plastic trophy because some other kid wanted to play and we aren't 100% sure what their gender is.
It wasn’t meant to be disrespectful just wanted people opinion if you think that it’s ok the. That’s your opinion

Great job. Pass on a rumor to the entire soccer world. I have had two girls with short hair play on my teams in recent years. Both were very talented players. Jackass parents like you started rumors that they were boys and humiliated the girls from the sidelines. One left the game crying.

Whoever you are, J0g0_B0nit0, you are a jackass.
Like I said it wasn’t meant to start a rumor everyone was talking about it and it isn’t the first time from what I’ve been hearing And keep the name calling to yourself tough guy

I'm not going to generalize here and will discuss specifics even though identifying this player and team in this scenario makes me uncomfortable. This is a place for discussion and this won't be the last time we question "is this a boy or a girl?" playing against our daughters.

This conversation has happened on sidelines at multiple tournaments throughout the country regarding this same team. I've witnessed it first-hand not just with my kid's team but with others playing against the team in question. I have also heard that this concern has been brought to tournament officials and their response was that the player's eligibility isn't up to the tournament but is on the club's sanctioning body.

What is your goal here? To either "out" a 10 year old trans girl or humiliate a biological one? All because you think it's unfair that your little princess can't score on her?

It wasn’t meant to be disrespectful just wanted people opinion if you think that it’s ok the. That’s your opinion

No, you absolutely meant to be disrespectful. If you wanted to know people's opinions about 10 year old trans girls playing soccer, you would have asked "how do you feel about 10 year old trans girls playing soccer"? Instead you accused a specific 10 year old girl, who may or may not be trans, of being a "Boy".

Why are you so afraid of a 10 year old girl who may or may not be trans anyway? The sanctity of 10 year old kiddie soccer is of such monumental importance that it outweighs the benefit of children learning a little something about inclusivity? It seems very much like your little kid could use some lessons in inclusivity given that she doesn't seem to be getting any of that at home. For example, she presumably learned at Surf Cup that trans girls are people with feelings too who they aren't going to rape her in the bathroom, aren't going to hurt her playing kiddie soccer, and aren't going to turn her into a sexual deviant. Maybe she also learned that no amount of praying is going to make them be how her daddy wants, and that the one thing she actually needs to fear and be careful about are toxic hetero men. That's some incredible progress for just one soccer tournament.

What is your goal here?
To share the following:
"This is a place for discussion and this won't be the last time we question "is this a boy or a girl?" playing against our daughters."

"I have also heard that this concern has been brought to tournament officials and their response was that the player's eligibility isn't up to the tournament but is on the club's sanctioning body."
To either "out" a 10 year old trans girl or humiliate a biological one?
Not once did I suggest the kid's gender or even share my thoughts. Heaven forbid that we have a discussion about transgender players playing in youth sports or how it was addressed by tournament officials when concerns were brought to their attention.
All because you think it's unfair that your little princess can't score on her?
Is that what I think? Tell me more...

To share the following:
"This is a place for discussion and this won't be the last time we question "is this a boy or a girl?" playing against our daughters."

"I have also heard that this concern has been brought to tournament officials and their response was that the player's eligibility isn't up to the tournament but is on the club's sanctioning body."

Not once did I suggest the kid's gender or even share my thoughts. Heaven forbid that we have a discussion about transgender players playing in youth sports or how it was addressed by tournament officials when concerns were brought to their attention.

Is that what I think? Tell me more...

Uh, in response to a number of eminently reasonable people explaining why this thread should stop, you specifically said that you fully intend to continue discussing specifics in a thread about a 10 year old girl at a kiddie soccer tournament. And no, you don't get to pretend you aren't expressing your personal feelings by labeling them other people's "concerns" or by using passive voice.

Honestly, your and your compadre's kids should be the real subjects that we're talking about. If your little princess can't handle a 10 year old goalie who may or may not be trans, you should prepare yourself for the fact that your kid's soccer career is already winding down. Why is it, exactly, that they can't handle a 10 year old goalie who may or may not be trans? Are they scared of trans girls and, if so, why? Or are they just so lacking in athletic ability (presumably genetic) that you feel like they need every possible advantage to prop up their fragile self-esteem? Do you think if we just pray enough for them, they will become athletic? Or is this all of this about your problem, and not theirs?

Uh, in response to a number of eminently reasonable people explaining why this thread should stop, you specifically said that you fully intend to continue discussing specifics in a thread about a 10 year old girl at a kiddie soccer tournament. And no, you don't get to pretend you aren't expressing your personal feelings by labeling them other people's "concerns" or by using passive voice.
Congratulations for having an opinion.
Honestly, your and your compadre's kids should be the real subjects that we're talking about. If your little princess can't handle a 10 year old goalie who may or may not be trans, you should prepare yourself for the fact that your kid's soccer career is already winding down. Why is it, exactly, that they can't handle a 10 year old goalie who may or may not be trans? Are they scared of trans girls and, if so, why? Or are they just so lacking in athletic ability (presumably genetic) that you feel like they need every possible advantage to prop up their fragile self-esteem? Do you think if we just pray enough for them, they will become athletic? Or is this all of this about your problem, and not theirs?
Triggered much? You should probably lay off the forums until you calm down.

Congratulations for having an opinion.

Triggered much? You should probably lay off the forums until you calm down.

If anyone was "triggered" here, it was the clown who got so wound up by the possibility of a 10 year old girl who might be trans at his little princess' soccer tournament that he felt the need to complain about it at a youth soccer website.

Back