SOCCER CLUB OF LOS GATOS (Formerley LFCIA Bay Area)

Has any heard what happened to LFCIA Bay Area? Looks like they are now called the Soccer Club of Los Gatos.

Yes, Liverpool FC decided to not renew their licensing agreement with them. The club told all their members there would be no changes in April to get their registration money upfront and then they changed the club name after the NorCal tryout window had closed. Parents are very frustrated.

I thought LFCIA became part of Bay Area Surf with that big merger last year? Star Academy was part of that too and the club is gone now. They basically just asked parents to start traveling down to the south bay for practices which was not practical at all. Players scattered to other clubs while the DOC continued with his job at the “merged” club.

Soccer Club of Los Gatos is funneling players over the FCBA boys side in order to keep FCBA boys side alive. FCBA has to field 3 MLS NeXt and full NPL teams this fall season. Now players are training in Los Gatos and there even was an attempt to host FCBA matches in Los Gatos, which was denied via latest Norcal PAD. Monterey and San Jose Surf have pulled out of partnership and no longer have any involvement with FCBA. Looks like Peninsula Surf website is also now 404.

Does Soccer Club of Los Gatos still have girls teams? Is Ally Wagner still involved? I did hear the FCBA girls side has grown tremendously since getting ECNL. I wonder if players are being moved over to FCBA from SCLG.

Back