SoCal State Cup 2021 starting Fall 2021

HBFC11

SILVER
1628203603522.png

Who all is entering? SoCal State Cup starts in October 2021 with pool play running parallel to the league season. Pool play games will be run the weekends of Oct. 2nd/3rd (Game #1), Oct. 16th/17th (Game #2), Oct. 23rd/24th (Game #3) and Feb. 12th/13th 2022 (Game #4). Knock out rounds will be last weekend in Feb. with semi's and finals the first weekend in March 2022.

League play will start the weekend after Labor Day and run through Jan. 2022 with a Thanksgiving/Christmas/Winter break.

As of now 30 of the 31 Flight 1 SoCal teams have entered the SoCal State Cup Super Cup. Which CalSouth teams would you like to see in the tournament as none have yet entered? Eagles SC? Any other teams?
1633540737261.png

As of now 30 of the 31 Flight 1 SoCal teams have entered the SoCal State Cup Super Cup. Which CalSouth teams would you like to see in the tournament as none have yet entered? Eagles SC? Any other teams?
View attachment 11834
With CSL's refusal to accommodate any schedule request, I highly doubt that you'll see any CalSouth teams sign up.

If no Cal South teams are playing then the concept of SOCAL state cup is a bit questionable. Instead of a state cup they should just use those weekends for inter-division games and use regular season games to qualify for playoffs towards end of season. Have like 2 divisions of playoffs (i.e. Champions and Europa) so that the bottom half flight 1 teams feel like they have a chance of advancing. Finalists of Champions league final goes to play top two NorCal teams.

If we're going to be driving an hour+ for a single state cup game, we might as well put the top 10 teams in their own group league. It would be more challenging and less travel for more than half the teams.

I was looking at the brackets in the elimination rounds and it looks like there is an advantage to coming in 2nd in certain flights vs. 1st. I guess this happens sometimes, but there will be some absolute battles in the quarterfinals. Winner of flight A vs Winner of flight B while the 2nd in A and B play other 2nd place teams and seed off into semis without having to play a bracket winner in the quarters. I'm not complaining or anything, but could be a chance for some teams to offer more playing to all the players to play for tie or loss for better layout to semis or final? I don't know why they wouldn't give advantage to the higher point teams for succession to semis or finals??? Going to be some awesome quarterfinals I bet though!

I noticed that OLE dropped out. I thought they were favored to win since they had a powerhouse team with Harrington leading it? Maybe cause they tied SDSC Surf blue? :oops:

I noticed that OLE dropped out. I thought they were favored to win since they had a powerhouse team with Harrington leading it? Maybe cause they tied SDSC Surf blue? :oops:
They had a really strong team with some special players for sure. Don't think they dropped because of any results - rumor has it their coach got wind that players may leave after the seasonw as over so he quit and gave them a big F U on the way out.

I think you’re mistaking SDSC Blue for SDSC Select. Regardless, Surf SD is building something great with some talented players as well! I wouldn’t underestimate them. They’ve come along very well.

They had a really strong team with some special players for sure. Don't think they dropped because of any results - rumor has it their coach got wind that players may leave after the seasonw as over so he quit and gave them a big F U on the way out.

haha yea, I was kidding on the tie part.
daaang...I wonder why they would leave such a good team? politics, maaan, politics I tell ya. Something wasn't right. {popcorn}

I think you’re mistaking SDSC Blue for SDSC Select. Regardless, Surf SD is building something great with some talented players as well! I wouldn’t underestimate them. They’ve come along very well.

I just read the team name. Although I do wear glasses at times...

1643842369041.png

haha yea, I was kidding on the tie part.
daaang...I wonder why they would leave such a good team? politics, maaan, politics I tell ya. Something wasn't right. {popcorn}
Only speculation on my end but Ole didn't have a pathway to ECNL. They merged with LAUFA which has MLS Next/EA for the boys but nothing for the girls. LAUFA did drop a video yesterday that said ECNL/Girls Academy were "loading" but that doesn't mean anything lol

SDSC is San Diego Soccer club-Surf, not San Diego Surf. Both are good teams. SDSC beat SD Surf, City SC and Rebels during the fall league.

So LAUFA(Ole) is being added to ECNL? Does anyone know when they announce new teams into the ENCL?

SDSC is San Diego Soccer club-Surf, not San Diego Surf. Both are good teams. SDSC beat SD Surf, City SC and Rebels during the fall league.

So LAUFA(Ole) is being added to ECNL? Does anyone know when they announce new teams into the ENCL?
Dammit! I am really dropping the ball today lol! Thanks for clarifying bro.

As far as announcing the ecnl teams, I have no info but if I find anything out I’ll definitely share.

Best of luck to all your littles this Sunday!

Back