Socal State Cup 2021-22

WillJohn

SILVER ELITE
Playoffs schedule posted.

Flight A,B,C,D are on the same side of the bracket and that's some tough competition with Blues, Surf, Ole, and Slammers PA. That's 4 of the top 5 ranked teams (minus Eagles who are not playing). Looks like Blues and Surf might play in the quarterfinals (unless something happens). Ole and Slammers might play in the other quarterfinals and a rematch of their pool play game. I'll take the Blues to win it all until someone proves that they can beat them.

Playoffs schedule posted.

Flight A,B,C,D are on the same side of the bracket and that's some tough competition with Blues, Surf, Ole, and Slammers PA. That's 4 of the top 5 ranked teams (minus Eagles who are not playing). Looks like Blues and Surf might play in the quarterfinals (unless something happens). Ole and Slammers might play in the other quarterfinals and a rematch of their pool play game. I'll take the Blues to win it all until someone proves that they can beat them.
As much as I don’t like the Blues team for personal reasons, I have to say they have been the most consistent team this season beating Surf a couple of times and deserve to be ranked number 1 of SoCal. I also feel the the Blues have the best shot at winning. Knowing that the old championship team players are no longer there and they have been able to stay on top with new players is quite impressive.

Hopefully all the players play. There is so much player movement with the conversion to 11v11 as well as the heavy ECNL/RL recruiting, so many
players have already left there teams or mentally checked out to prep for there new homes. I won't be surprised if a couple teams will be missing key players. It's unfortunate but with State Cup running into March, it's inevitable.

As much as I don’t like the Blues team for personal reasons, I have to say they have been the most consistent team this season beating Surf a couple of times and deserve to be ranked number 1 of SoCal. I also feel the the Blues have the best shot at winning. Knowing that the old championship team players are no longer there and they have been able to stay on top with new players is quite impressive.
Well, definitely the game of the 21-22 season was the State Cup final, with Surf defeating the Blues 1-0. Congratulations to the Blues for having an incredible season with essentially only losing this last game to Surf. Congratulations to Surf for finally finding a way to overcome the Blues after losing to them or tying them in previous games. The game was a nail biter the entire game. Blues had a hard shot come off the crossbar and another one swept off the goal line. Surf had the majority of attacks on goal and it was only a midfielders beautiful diagonal pass over the defense to the foot of the right winger who took a couple of touches and punched it in the goal In the middle of the 2nd half that won the game for the Surf.

I have a feeling that this is only the end of the beginning of a wonderful rivalry.

I'm posting this video on here because I don't want to see all the doomsday haters say that our team is done especially don't like to see my daughter upset and disappointed after initially celebrating that goal and not having it count as it can take an emotional toll on any young child. Not taking anything away from SURF as they played a great game.You can clearly see the ball bounce off the net & not the pole as it changes its trajectory after hitting the net and not the pole. She told me she felt as if she was robbed by the ref because she clearly saw it go in and bounce off the net but I sarcastically told her its ok I'll buy him some glasses next time if he ref's another one of our games :D sometimes the ref may call it that way cause he clearly missed it. He's human and not perfect. Could have been a tough angle for him but I told her all the parents saw it and they counted it as a goal in their books. They saw the ball hit the net just like you did. I told her ref mistakes are part of soccer especially with no var in youth soccer. But in a way it might be a blessing in the sky to have her feel some pain for once as they had been winning too much so it can light up that emotional fire inside her. She knows that being up 1-0 in the first half could have easily changed the dynamics of this game and led to a totally different result but it is what it is. Credit to Surf as they played a heck of a game. I'm sure the past 2 loses & draw built up that emotional fire inside them to harness the ganas. As it definitely showed the start of the first 15 min. Great Battle between the top 2 2010 teams in So Cal. We'll see you guys up north soon. To Be Continued...

Where was the AR? Why aren’t they at the last defender with the better angle than the center ref?
Looking at the video and slowing it on YouTube to 0.25 speed it does look to hit the net and not the post. Was there a metal clank as you’d expect when you do hit post because I didn’t hear that from the audio from the game footage? Tough break for Fabi.

Either way, great job to both teams for a fantastic effort and match played! Looking forward to seeing all these little ballers go on to

Where was the AR? Why aren’t they at the last defender with the better angle than the center ref?
Looking at the video and slowing it on YouTube to 0.25 speed it does look to hit the net and not the post. Was there a metal clank as you’d expect when you do hit post because I didn’t hear that from the audio from the game footage? Tough break for Fabi.

Either way, great job to both teams for a fantastic effort and match played! Looking forward to seeing all these little ballers go on to
Clearly a Goal for Blues!

I'm posting this video on here because I don't want to see all the doomsday haters say that our team is done especially don't like to see my daughter upset and disappointed after initially celebrating that goal and not having it count as it can take an emotional toll on any young child. Not taking anything away from SURF as they played a great game.You can clearly see the ball bounce off the net & not the pole as it changes its trajectory after hitting the net and not the pole. She told me she felt as if she was robbed by the ref because she clearly saw it go in and bounce off the net but I sarcastically told her its ok I'll buy him some glasses next time if he ref's another one of our games :D sometimes the ref may call it that way cause he clearly missed it. He's human and not perfect. Could have been a tough angle for him but I told her all the parents saw it and they counted it as a goal in their books. They saw the ball hit the net just like you did. I told her ref mistakes are part of soccer especially with no var in youth soccer. But in a way it might be a blessing in the sky to have her feel some pain for once as they had been winning too much so it can light up that emotional fire inside her. She knows that being up 1-0 in the first half could have easily changed the dynamics of this game and led to a totally different result but it is what it is. Credit to Surf as they played a heck of a game. I'm sure the past 2 loses & draw built up that emotional fire inside them to harness the ganas. As it definitely showed the start of the first 15 min. Great Battle between the top 2 2010 teams in So Cal. We'll see you guys up north soon. To Be Continued...

Beautiful shot. I think it went off the metal support just inside the goal, but even with video I’m still not sure.

Top two up north were San Juan and Ajax. SJ over Ajax in PKs. Ref controversy in that one, too.

(MVLA lost to San Juan in quarterfinals OT.)

AR was there. No one, and I mean no one on that end of the field ever thought it was an issue. The ball hit the corner of the frame, not the net. Spectator sitting right next to the goal, about 20 feet away never questioned it, and spectators at the flag never questioned it. Nothing in that video suggest it went in. There definitely was a very loud metal clank as any hard shot hitting the crossbar. I will have have the game video and take a look at it. Not until this thread did anyone on our end know it was an issue.

Was there a VEO or a Trace, something more professinal used during the game? Something that can be seen cleaner? This video is to short, to edited and to grainy to tarnish a team's victory over. Does Surf have a clip of the shot in question and the seconds leading before and after for context? Maybe that will be more decisive? Would love to see if from Surf's POV

Was there a VEO or a Trace, something more professinal used during the game? Something that can be seen cleaner? This video is to short, to edited and to grainy to tarnish a team's victory over. Does Surf have a clip of the shot in question and the seconds leading before and after for context? Maybe that will be more decisive? Would love to see if from Surf's POV
One of the Surf parents had one of those video on a pole things. They used it every game leading up to the final.

It would be odd to not video the final.

Well, definitely the game of the 21-22 season was the State Cup final, with Surf defeating the Blues 1-0. Congratulations to the Blues for having an incredible season with essentially only losing this last game to Surf. Congratulations to Surf for finally finding a way to overcome the Blues after losing to them or tying them in previous games. The game was a nail biter the entire game. Blues had a hard shot come off the crossbar and another one swept off the goal line. Surf had the majority of attacks on goal and it was only a midfielders beautiful diagonal pass over the defense to the foot of the right winger who took a couple of touches and punched it in the goal In the middle of the 2nd half that won the game for the Surf.

I have a feeling that this is only the end of the beginning of a wonderful rivalry.
Congratulations @Surfer_dad what a great way to end the season. I’m sure the girls are ecstatic. You guys have a special team. If you have that video, please post some highlights at least that Surf goal. And also the other one in question.

Hopefully all the players play. There is so much player movement with the conversion to 11v11 as well as the heavy ECNL/RL recruiting, so many
players have already left there teams or mentally checked out to prep for there new homes. I won't be surprised if a couple teams will be missing key players. It's unfortunate but with State Cup running into March, it's inevitable.
Is there a website for the California Cup where we can see the Nor Cal v So Cal matchups and results? Googled but didn’t immediately find one. Are teams allowed to add to their rosters?With all of the player movement and depletions to original rosters, it seems very possible some teams won’t be able to play.

Is there a website for the California Cup where we can see the Nor Cal v So Cal matchups and results? Googled but didn’t immediately find one. Are teams allowed to add to their rosters?With all of the player movement and depletions to original rosters, it seems very possible some teams won’t be able to play.

I believe it’s listed as the California Cup on the NorCal website

Here is the tournament link:

Back