Servite bragging about 18-0 score. Poor taste?

A Board

BRONZE
Servite men's soccer beat Orange Lutheran 18-0. All the other Trinity league teams kept the score down 9-0. Servite is posting and bragging. Poor taste by Servite?

Where would they be bragging? Having my son have played there for Coach Spencer I can guarantee coach doesn’t see this as an accomplishment. Also, looking at the box score it looks like a lot of underclassmen scored so for a program like that this is holding back.

Servite_Sports on Instagram. 10 pictures posted listing and celebrating every goal. Several of players linked post to their account directing you to it the school account.
Definately celebrating. Just asking for thoughts? Seems to be in poor taste.

Where would they be bragging? Having my son have played there for Coach Spencer I can guarantee coach doesn’t see this as an accomplishment. Also, looking at the box score it looks like a lot of underclassmen scored so for a program like that this is holding back.
Really-- "For a program like that this is holding back"
That just says it all. If you are representative of the program- Servite is not the school I thought it was. That statement is just sad.

Having a child who plays in the Trinity league (NOT for Servite) I can say that Servite DOES post about EVERY score, not just in THIS game.... However, I find it VERY poor sportsmanship to allow a team to run up a score like that! Knowing we play Orange Lutheran our coach will bring up underclassman who will be Varsity next year...

Servite_Sports on Instagram. 10 pictures posted listing and celebrating every goal. Several of players linked post to their account directing you to it the school account.
Definately celebrating. Just asking for thoughts? Seems to be in poor taste.
They post every game. I agree 18 is a lot, however if you look at the grades of the players that scored more than half are under classmen. Those kids are excited to score any varsity goal and are Trying to earn more playing time.

Servite has won 6 or 7 straight Trinity league titles and have been a top D1 ranked team. They are usually loaded and win at all levels so “a program like this” is very deep and their sophomores can beat a rebuilding OLU program.

its ok to not like Servite in soccer. It’s the same hate that MD gets in football.

its ok to not like Servite in soccer. It’s the same hate that MD gets in football.
I actually rooted for Servite before this I saw this score. I liked that Mater Dei didnt win all the titles. Football, BBall, track and field.
However, this just seemed wrong. SJB kept it 10-0.
(They had the best football program....just saying...If I was going to hate top dog).
Your response seems to be representative of Servite. I find it really sad.
Servite went from first to worst in my book. I've lost respect for their program. The response I've heard is the same with everyone else I've spoken to - smh.

I dunno for a 7-5-4 team that has at least 3x ussda (Pat's) academy players on the roster you would think they are would do things differently but whatever.

You’d think that as young players striving to improve, they’d be better off playing stiffer competition. 18-0 is kinda silly.

This happens all the time in high school athletics...no different than the following:

Boys Basketball: Mater Dei 109- Steveston 35
Girls Basketball (JV) Orange Lutheran 58 - San Juan Hills 4

It's just part of the game. If they are playing underclassmen, in a mandatory league game, they have to play their game. Stop the Servite hate...

Lower levels of soccer need a mercy rule. If you can get up by seven, you win immediately.

If that means it is a ten minute game, then so be it. If they are all ten minute games, then change leagues.

You’d think that as young players striving to improve, they’d be better off playing stiffer competition. 18-0 is kinda silly.
It was a required league game and if you look at the CIFSS rankings Servite has the 2nd toughest strength of section only behind Cathedral. You can go to MaxPreps and see this.

Are they allowed to celebrate by beating Bosco yesterday and taking over the 1 seed in Trinity? I’m sure the school is waiting for A Boards approval and respect before they post their highlights.

Are they allowed to celebrate by beating Bosco yesterday and taking over the 1 seed in Trinity? I’m sure the school is waiting for A Boards approval and respect before they post their highlights.
Someone's salty! Agree with Jimbohonky - I respect a hard earned win.

Back