SDSC Surf selected for GA

That makes sense, they chewed up everything in the DPL for the games played
Absolutely makes sense but haven't seen anything official (could have missed it). They need to shore up the SW conference for sure. Maybe FC Tucson is an option? That would bring it to 9 teams?

Absolutely makes sense but haven't seen anything official (could have missed it). They need to shore up the SW conference for sure. Maybe FC Tucson is an option? That would bring it to 9 teams?
I didn't either ... but if not, then it would make sense (or ECNL tbh).

Not sure about FC Tucson, not sure they have the strength, but GA won;t be strong next season, so maybe they will be fine.

I didn't either ... but if not, then it would make sense (or ECNL tbh).

Not sure about FC Tucson, not sure they have the strength, but GA won;t be strong next season, so maybe they will be fine.
The SW conference will need to find it's way, which should be a priority for the GA. FC Tucson has a strong 06 team, don't really know anything about the other teams. I've heard the club is run very well and their coaches are respected.

We will see how it shakes out over the next year or so, especially in AZ. I suppose the first step is to play games.

Interesting. I thought maybe one of the reasons SDSC joined Surf was to enhance its chances of getting its girls into ECNL. Apparently that's not the case. The SDSC and Surf partnership makes even less sense.

So is this announcement supposed to be exciting? The GA is a joke and no better than any other league.

Even more incentive for CA to exit all national leagues and establish their own elite league. CA is the epicenter of youth soccer talent You shouldn't have to travel more than 2 hrs for a competitive league game, much less be forced to travel to another state to play a league game.

A lot of movement in SoCal soccer, just following it.

Sounds like you got passed over, that sucks. Oh well, maybe next year.
hahaha - not quite. DD has always been playing at the right level and have no problems there. I just have an issue with the marketing garbage that has been going on over the past 4-5 years to make something sound like it is something that it is not and the manipulative and abusive behaviors of coaches and DOC's. It is misleading and harmful to parents and players who don't know the truth

hahaha - not quite. DD has always been playing at the right level and have no problems there. I just have an issue with the marketing garbage that has been going on over the past 4-5 years to make something sound like it is something that it is not and the manipulative and abusive behaviors of coaches and DOC's. It is misleading and harmful to parents and players who don't know the truth
And what truth would that be?

Well 43, give the parents some time. The last 4 to five years has done a number on many of us parents. Not all the parents, but I would say most of us had a few lies thrown down our mouths. When one is choking on all the lies, they can't talk and get help at the time. They need someone to help and that's why we have the forum. 43, thank you for helping me. I know I come across like a crazy dad, I'm not that crazy. I'm just crazy for my dd :)

You do have a valid point in many regards. Any league that promotes itself as a platform or a pathway to the "next" level is going to market their wares to get you to come on board. It's just the way it goes. It's on the consumer to do their due diligence.

You do have a valid point in many regards. Any league that promotes itself as a platform or a pathway to the "next" level is going to market their wares to get you to come on board. It's just the way it goes. It's on the consumer to do their due diligence.
Yes and no.

Sure Presidio, I get it *wink*

Back