San Diego Showcase

Looks like the 3 top NorCal girls teams (DeAnza, MVLA and San Juan) came down and handled business against the best So. Cal teams going a combined 8-1.
I wasn't there but I would love to hear the reasons (cough, cough excuses) from some of the folks in So Cal.

I'll stir and support a bit.. My '07 watches her friends so we see some of the '08 games up in Nor Cal.
I heard MVLA added a handful of new players and cut some players. I've seen them in the fall season already and they look better than last year.
DeAnza added a few. Two came from SUSC but we also saw them playing for Silicon Valley GA a few weeks ago. I'm unclear on whether these two players are discovery or permanent to Deanza but it appears they dual rostered under S.V. and Deanza.
San Juan picked up a new coach and they are playing a better game for sure.

After my 2010 dd game we watched '08 San Juan v. Legends beacuse both of the those teams have '09 center mids. San Juan had their '09 on the field, Legends did not. Both are high impact players and was hoping to watch them play against each other. I have to believe Legends looked/played different on Monday without her.
I watched some of a SD Surf game and Beach game. Both teams looked off from what I've seen in previous games. I dont think SoCal Blues attended

This is the age of growth spurts, puberty, and injuries. so for me it's logical to point to those issues at this age group.
It would be interesting to hear from any one in SoCal with a better understanding. Either way, most of the games were good game and Nor cal teams usually start talent shifting around this age so its normal to see a bump up in team performance.

Back