LGU back to square one

Friend told me Tsakiris leaving LGU to focus on USMNT U-20 and take a job at LA Galaxy, though I haven't seen any such reports. Heard he had that club on track with the younger teams, but would expect they will go back to being just another local gold/silver level club afterwards.

Friend told me Tsakiris leaving LGU to focus on USMNT U-20 and take a job at LA Galaxy, though I haven't seen any such reports. Heard he had that club on track with the younger teams, but would expect they will go back to being just another local gold/silver level club afterwards.
Confirmed. The club sent out an email that he will be leaving and transitioning to Galaxy.

Confirmed. The club sent out an email that he will be leaving and transitioning to Galaxy.
How does this affect his son signing with the Earthquakes? Did his son sign 6 months too early and could have possibly been offered a pro contract at Galaxy?

How does this affect his son signing with the Earthquakes? Did his son sign 6 months too early and could have possibly been offered a pro contract at Galaxy?
As far as I know, it doesn't affect him at all. His son is a pro player, dressing and playing minutes with the first team........as a 16-year-old.

This is why you shouldn’t build a club around a big name that so be gone after a couple years. One name doesn’t make a club. You need a solid setup from top to bottom. And maybe they have it…honestly no idea on their situation. Hope they keep their upward trajectory. Rising tide lifts all boats

Yep one step forward and 2 big steps back. And now trying to make it seem like GAL is saving the day. Seriously?
Yeah typical for these types of clubs. Basically it reads that they got NPL & GA for younger teams. I am sure too late for their olders. (07+) The big question is can they even make it. Who is to say those qualified younger teams leave to more established clubs.

This is why you shouldn’t build a club around a big name that so be gone after a couple years. One name doesn’t make a club. You need a solid setup from top to bottom. And maybe they have it…honestly no idea on their situation. Hope they keep their upward trajectory. Rising tide lifts all boats
Big name and big accent helps with big sign ups :)

Back