Girls 04 DA

Striker17

PREMIER
Thread for Girls 04 DA as the main one is swarming and 94 pages long at this point.
Specific to 04 discussion and concerns related to our unique age group.
Post on and whatever the choice let's dialogue together.

On that note anyone hear about field recommendation for DA? Have your clubs mentioned it to you it seems for sure like The Ranch, WCFC fields wouldn't cut the mustard and so will every one of us be at OC Great Park?
How about SD Folk? I would assume Polo is ok or do they need lights?

On that note anyone hear about field recommendation for DA? Have your clubs mentioned it to you it seems for sure like The Ranch, WCFC fields wouldn't cut the mustard and so will every one of us be at OC Great Park?
How about SD Folk? I would assume Polo is ok or do they need lights?

"Academy Clubs must train and play home Academy league games within reasonable geographic proximity to their club’s home location unless approved by the Academy Staff. If a club in unable to provide a home field that meets Academy minimum standards, the club may be asked for an alternate location or may lose the right to host Academy games"

U-13 and older: Fields should be 70-80 yards in width and 110-120 yards in length. The goal frame size is 24 feet wide and 8 feet in height. It is common and age-appropriate for U-13 and U-14 to play on fields featuring the smallest of the recommended dimensions, with the flexibility to play on smaller fields if needed (e.g. 65x100 yards).

The sequence of Development Academy games must conform to the following guidelines:

a. U-17/18 games must be played prior to U-15/16 games

b. U-14 games must be played prior to U-13 games

i. It is preferred that the U-17/18 & U-15/16 games are played prior to the

U-14 & U-13 games, but not required. These sets of games can be played in either order, and can also be played simultaneously on separate fields, if accommodations allow for it.

f. Game schedules require at least 30 minutes of warm up time between each kickoff.

Finding adequate field space to train on (at least half a full side per team) and play games (all 4 teams same place) at for 10-months can be a challenge and bigger expensive for some clubs

@younothat I had heard lights and turf were recommended but that's not accurate is it?

"Academy Clubs should make efforts to acquire the best facilities possible"

That could be grass or turf, the problem with many grass pitches is overuse and maintenance so in that's a factor.

Lights for practice yes, games normally in the day so unless its late fall or earlier winter and you late game don't play under the lights much if at all. Some turf fields don't have lights either like the one Pats play at that college.

Also @younothat while I have you on the hook is there a conditioning packet or can you point me to any literature that can best prep the DD for the Aug 1 start date? Curious if the boys had anything like that? Seems like it's a grind

Yeah there are some conditioning guidelines but I don't have the links to them, I have to look through some of the old handouts and see if I can find something more recent online.

Each club should have a Strength & Conditioning Coach and some have a Athletic Trainer also so they should be setting up programs or guidelines for the players to follow regularly,

Practicing 3x and working on strength & condition the other day is what some do while others just practice 4x. In either case I think each player should pay attention to this area more and come up with some individually things they do on their own regardless. The boys and girls can be a bit different in this ares, my DD tends work on some of the same core things but there is specific things they work on my boy doesn't and likewise.

Some get ready too much over the summer and overplay and by the start of the season in Sept the team are not fully healthy, either that or players can't keep up with the physical demands of all the practices, games, fast pace and players seem to get knocks too easy. Building up strength and condition and maintaining that is something that could be given more attention IMO. When you first start some players may need more rest or less playing time until they get used to everything.

How many 04's who were with a club that gained DA status and was offered a DA spot and opted not to go that route and either chose ECNL at another club or some other team? I'd assume close to none if we are all being honest here.

Run Y'all its ...... KONGZILLLLLLLLLLLA !!!! We were offered a spot on DA but chose not to play this year ... The Primary reason . . . The current College circuit and exposure with ECNL is top notch and the "true" commitment from DA to get DD's scholarships is questionable.

Right Now, Were Taking a Wait & See Approach ... Sticking with ECNL for now!

How many 04's who were with a club that gained DA status and was offered a DA spot and opted not to go that route and either chose ECNL at another club or some other team? I'd assume close to none if we are all being honest here.

How about this question, how many DA teams had TRUE open try outs? If you're on a DA team now, do you feel your team got it right picking/selecting the players on the team?

Run Y'all its ...... KONGZILLLLLLLLLLLA !!!! We were offered a spot on DA but chose not to play this year ... The Primary reason . . . The current College circuit and exposure with ECNL is top notch and the "true" commitment from DA to get DD's scholarships is questionable.

Right Now, Were Taking a Wait & See Approach ... Sticking with ECNL for now!

I have to know how many stayed?

Certain DA teams in Yellow are Pushing hard - chasing a lot of girls who play in red and black ...they are making a lot of promises ... we will see if they hold true ... once final season is over we will see what happens once the smoke clears ... going to be interesting year for sure.

I just know one - but that one can play up to 6 DA games in a year I believe...

Certain DA teams in Yellow are Pushing hard - chasing a lot of girls who play in red and black ...they are making a lot of promises ... we will see if they hold true ... once final season is over we will see what happens once the smoke clears ... going to be interesting year for sure.
With all the success they had, you have no idea why up to 7 girls left?

Back