GA departures

Mic Nificent

SILVER ELITE
With Beach and Legends joining ECNL does anyone have any insight or thoughts on which club should try and fill those open spots in GA?

Why wouldn’t GA survive two strong teams leaving? They’re expanding and even if they aren’t top dog, they’re bringing in new member revenue. Porsche sells x units. Lexus sells 100x units. Which is doing better financially?
Yes I’m biased and from what I’ve seen this weekend, GA stepped up with some awesome battles despite tough weather. Robust social media push, well attended live streaming.

How was that ECNL show case in Houston? Oh yeah, they folded up with a few days notice.

Why wouldn’t GA survive two strong teams leaving? They’re expanding and even if they aren’t top dog, they’re bringing in new member revenue. Porsche sells x units. Lexus sells 100x units. Which is doing better financially?
Yes I’m biased and from what I’ve seen this weekend, GA stepped up with some awesome battles despite tough weather. Robust social media push, well attended live streaming.

How was that ECNL show case in Houston? Oh yeah, they folded up with a few days notice.
Bro, easy on Houston ECNL Showcase. It was freaking cold as ice and a huge pile up on the freeway. It was the right decision and applaud them for keeping the kids safe from the Ice and that dreaded flu bug. GA will be just find. Look, some clubs get it all right now and its just the way life used to be. It will all even out some day. I love you positive attitude :)

The instat impact player posts are pretty cool. That’s the most creative and potentially impactful thing GA has brought forward so far IMHO. Would love to see ECNL do something similar.

Bro, easy on Houston ECNL Showcase. It was freaking cold as ice and a huge pile up on the freeway. It was the right decision and applaud them for keeping the kids safe from the Ice and that dreaded flu bug. GA will be just find. Look, some clubs get it all right now and its just the way life used to be. It will all even out some day. I love you positive attitude :)
You’re right. Didn’t mean to be insensitive to that horiffic accident and chance of others. I take it back.

Austin area super cold but dry roads so far..

I think ECNL doing another showcase in Phoenix area early April?

You’re right. Didn’t mean to be insensitive to that horiffic accident and chance of others. I take it back.

I'm impressed with how quick you see the error. Trust me, I have much to say about many things that are eating my soul and brain. However, i believe Karma for all is coming. California is on lock down so you can;t leave the state. However, if you show Hawaii a negative rona test, you can play on the Island right away, no 10 day staying at the Sheraton before leave for the fun and adventure. $273 round trip out of LAX.

Hearing possibilities of the Houston ECNL event being rescheduled in March. Should know in about a week.

Hearing possibilities of the Houston ECNL event being rescheduled in March. Should know in about a week.
I heard the same thing. Can we leave California? ECNL said no way. What are the odds we get to leave the state? The problem is, most teams can;t practice or play. If we do practice, it's 6 x 6 touch futbol. A complete joke all this is. Adult males in OC ball all day and no one does a thing, but girls try and play and it's a big no. My dd has played in one league game in 12 months. No tough practices or 3 days a week like others and scrimmage all the time. I would like the clubs to just start letting the kids get physical and knock each other around. One month of hard core training would be helpful for us in socal.

won't matter if they continue to ban CA teams
What CA team cannot find a decent opponent within CA?

You just need to plan a CA only event for April or May. No hotels. No tournament crowds. Just soccer.

Spread it out over a bunch of fields so it’s within rules. Post results and game video online.

What CA team cannot find a decent opponent within CA?

You just need to plan a CA only event for April or May. No hotels. No tournament crowds. Just soccer.

Spread it out over a bunch of fields so it’s within rules. Post results and game video online.
It's been since March 2020 that our club has been allowed to scrimmage in training in your (our) county. Maybe that would be a good first step. It might be nice to be able to train on the city-owned fields as well. Don't get ahead of yourself.

It's been since March 2020 that our club has been allowed to scrimmage in training in your (our) county. Maybe that would be a good first step. It might be nice to be able to train on the city-owned fields as well. Don't get ahead of yourself.

for some reason, current rules allow intra club at the same time as inter club. Just wear masks and don't travel too far.

...or if GA survives this?
If Beach and Legends had their top teams in ECRL and their second teams in GA, is GA really losing anything from their departure? I'm sure their second teams were pretty good, but I doubt many players or clubs chose GA because of the quality of those clubs' second team players. Moreover, if they stayed at or went to a GA club because they thought that Beach and Legends were all in, then the shakeup would have come next year anyway after they learned the reality.

At least in Socal, my guess is that GA's survival will depend upon whether clubs with Premier/Flight 1 Championship teams decide GA is a better showcase platform than CSL/SCDSL and their associated national tournaments plus trying to get accepted to national-level club tournaments. In that sense, GA's survival may be more a function of how well Socal's leagues and clubs survive the pandemic.

Would ECNL allow this? Or did they say 'all in ECNL' like they did when DA was around?

Would GA be ok with it? Because allowing a clubs second team in is a statement that it is a second tier league.

Would ECNL allow this? Or did they say 'all in ECNL' like they did when DA was around?

Would GA be ok with it? Because allowing a clubs second team in is a statement that it is a second tier league.

ECNL/RL and a 2nd USclub league like SCDSL or one of the NPLs yes. Plenty of that going on.

Separate sanctioning like GA and Usclub (ECxx, NPL's) might be discouraged or wouldn't make a lot of sense but not sure USclub or GA would or could prevent clubs from doing that.

Looks like several new clubs are leaving their CalSouth leagues and joining SCDSL. Some are ECNL, so apparently no conflict having teams in two US Club leagues.

Looks like several new clubs are leaving their CalSouth leagues and joining SCDSL. Some are ECNL, so apparently no conflict having teams in two US Club leagues.

I never thought there would be. ECNL clubs will play their younger teams in SCDSL (SoCal or whatever it is now) or NPL and such, then shift them to ECNL/ECRL in the first eligible year. 3rd and below teams will continue to play in SCDSL. Non-ECNL clubs will do the same but carry on through older age groups in the league or move on to their other respective "Elite or Academy" leagues.

From what it's looking like, Presidio (and maybe CSL) are toast? There seems to be a massive rush for the door going on. I don't know much about how the league circuits and governing bodies operate, but I don't see how CalSouth survives this.

You guys are missing my point. So Cal/SCDSL is a local league that is not in competition with ECNL. It is a developmental league that serves as a feeder for some of their clubs national league teams. ECNL clubs have always had teams in SCDSL.

ECNL did not let clubs compete in both ECNL and DA unless they met certain performance standards (very few did). I do not know if DA had the same policy or not. GA was created as a national league and is essentially direct competition for ECNL. So if ECNL offers Beach and Legends (which they did), I suspect they said all-in ECNL (no GA) or nothing.

Back