G08 Rankings - August 22nd

I added the San Clemente Surf Cup, Attack Summer Classic, and Carlsbad Coastal Classic this week. I think I have covered 95% of the Flight 1 tourney's, and 40% of the Flight 2 tourney's, going back and adding the flight 2's each week. If you see something out of whack or that I missed, pm me and I will correct it. I have only listed ranking's for teams with at least 5 games.

The difference in strength numbers tells you how many more goals better one team is than another (i.e. Striker's is 4 goals better than the next team). Due to small sample sizes early in the season there will be a few strange rankings (SDSC over SURF), as more games are played things will look more normal. Teams improve their ranking by winning by more than the expected goal differential or losing by less than the expected differential (basically doing better than expected). Teams move down in the rankings by doing the opposite.

upload_2016-8-25_15-57-33.png

I added the San Clemente Surf Cup, Attack Summer Classic, and Carlsbad Coastal Classic this week. I think I have covered 95% of the Flight 1 tourney's, and 40% of the Flight 2 tourney's, going back and adding the flight 2's each week. If you see something out of whack or that I missed, pm me and I will correct it. I have only listed ranking's for teams with at least 5 games.

The difference in strength numbers tells you how many more goals better one team is than another (i.e. Striker's is 4 goals better than the next team). Due to small sample sizes early in the season there will be a few strange rankings (SDSC over SURF), as more games are played things will look more normal. Teams improve their ranking by winning by more than the expected goal differential or losing by less than the expected differential (basically doing better than expected). Teams move down in the rankings by doing the opposite.

View attachment 79
This is awesome...appreciate the time & effort. Do you plan to update this throughout the regular season?

This is awesome...appreciate the time & effort. Do you plan to update this throughout the regular season?
I would like to update it throughout the season, will see how much work it is to do it weekly vs. bi-weekly. There are fewer teams than say the 04's or 05's that TangoCity is doing so it may be more feasible. I am at ~80 teams right now but that will likely increase to >120 I am guessing once I add all the Flight II and III tournaments.

I would like to update it throughout the season, will see how much work it is to do it weekly vs. bi-weekly. There are fewer teams than say the 04's or 05's that TangoCity is doing so it may be more feasible. I am at ~80 teams right now but that will likely increase to >120 I am guessing once I add all the Flight II and III tournaments.
If you stick to ranking the flight 1 teams and only inputting the top flight for each tourney you wont get a complaint from me. I doubt there are many flight 3 parents on the forums

If you stick to ranking the flight 1 teams and only inputting the top flight for each tourney you wont get a complaint from me. I doubt there are many flight 3 parents on the forums
Agreed. The top flights of tournaments, and then flight 1 (and maybe flight 2) during the regular season should be plenty...I wouldn't bother with flight 3, that's a lot of work.

Back