02. LA Surf - La Canada G2010
03. Legends - SCV G10 FC
04. Los Angeles Soccer Club G10 Guerrero
05. Ole Soccer Club G2010
06. Santa Monica Surf SC G2010 Blue
07. TFA - SGV G2010
08. United SoCa
Can you post the link for this?

@TeamDadJokes what’s your prediction out of each region?

West
Toss up between Beach FC Souza / Slammers Ohishi

South
Blues Rogers (just got the top striker from Ohishi)

East
Legends FC G2010

North
Ole

San Diego
SD Surf Select Barclay

Lots of talented teams though but these ones stand out over the others to me. I have a feeling Slammers McCarty and Slammers PA may turn some heads but I may be a little biased

Just wish they'd take the top teams out of each bracket and make a super bracket. Looks like terrible competition for the top teams, since they're all in different brackets...super watered down. Thoughts?

I saw she played with Blues recently but I think she was also playing with the PA team as we scrimmaged the PA team before Surf Cup and looked like she was playing with them too.
She announced on her Instagram she’s on the Blues. She didn’t play with PA or Ohishi at the Toyota of Orange Classic this weekend. Was wearing plane clothing on the sideline.

West
Toss up between Beach FC Souza / Slammers Ohishi

South
Blues Rogers (just got the top striker from Ohishi)

East
Legends FC G2010

North
Ole

San Diego
SD Surf Select Barclay

Lots of talented teams though but these ones stand out over the others to me. I have a feeling Slammers McCarty and Slammers PA may turn some heads but I may be a little biased
In the East, I actually think it’ll be a toss up between Legends, Legends TV and Arsenal West…

Brackets are now available on the SoCal Website (schedules are still pending):

G2010 Flight 1

G2010 Flight 1 North
01. LA Breakers FC G10
02. LA Surf - La Canada G2010
03. Legends - SCV G10 FC
04. Los Angeles Soccer Club G10 Guerrero
05. Ole Soccer Club G2010
06. Santa Monica Surf SC G2010 Blue
07. TFA - SGV G2010
08. United SoCa
Based off YSR..

West
1. Beach FC SB Souza
2. Slammers FC HB Ohishi
3. Sand and Surf Elite
Will be a two way battle for the top spot. S&S should finish 3rd

South
1. So Cal Blues G2010 Rogers
2. Slammers FC PA
3. Liverpool FCIA Socal Irvine Academy
Slammers will give SC Blues a game but I would not expect too many surprises in the top 3 here

East
1. Arsenal FC
2. Legends FC
3. Legends -TV
Arsenal clearly will be the favorite with Legends and Temecula Valley battling it out for 2nd place

San Diego
1. SD Surf Academy Select Barclay
2. Albion SC San Diego Academy
3. City SC Carlsbad Walker Pre-Academy
Surf should walk away unscathed but Albion and City could flip flop places here

North
1. Ole Soccer Club
2. United So Cal
3. LA Breakers
Ole is almost 3 scores ahead of United So Cal on YSR. Will they blow out every game? 2nd and 3rd place are up for grabs from any team in the North as Breakers, United So Cal, LA Surf, Legends SCV, LASC and TFA-SGV are all within 1.5 YSR score of each other

Yo
Based off YSR..

West
1. Beach FC SB Souza
2. Slammers FC HB Ohishi
3. Sand and Surf Elite
Will be a two way battle for the top spot. S&S should finish 3rd

South
1. So Cal Blues G2010 Rogers
2. Slammers FC PA
3. Liverpool FCIA Socal Irvine Academy
Slammers will give SC Blues a game but I would not expect too many surprises in the top 3 here

East
1. Arsenal FC
2. Legends FC
3. Legends -TV
Arsenal clearly will be the favorite with Legends and Temecula Valley battling it out for 2nd place

San Diego
1. SD Surf Academy Select Barclay
2. Albion SC San Diego Academy
3. City SC Carlsbad Walker Pre-Academy
Surf should walk away unscathed but Albion and City could flip flop places here

North
1. Ole Soccer Club
2. United So Cal
3. LA Breakers
Ole is almost 3 scores ahead of United So Cal on YSR. Will they blow out every game? 2nd and 3rd place are up for grabs from any team in the North as Breakers, United So Cal, LA Surf, Legends SCV, LASC and TFA-SGV are all within 1.5 YSR score of each other
You know Arsenal is playing 2009 and the one playing in that 2010 bracket isn’t even in the top 30 in YSR (they’re ranked 37)? Also, Legends FC isn’t even listed in YSR (someone merged them into the 2011 YSR team).

Is this score accurate? if it is , running it up like this to humiliate another team is completely unnecessary and bad sportsmanship and sleezy
CDA Slammers FC-Orange G2010 Todorovic
0-17​
So Cal Blues G2010 Rogers

Yes, it's accurate. It looks like there are way too many teams in flight 1. Clearly that Slammers Orange team shouldn't be there. But on the other hand, I'm not sure why some more of the top teams aren't playing up. I don't think it does anyone any good to by 5-10 goals (or 17) each game. I took a quick look at the results from some of the "top teams"

Blues 3-0, 32-0 combined score
Surf 2-0, 12-1 combined score
Ole 2-0, 11-2 combined score
Albion 1-0, 6-0 combined score
I won't mentioned Slammers here as they started strong but lost to their own 2nd team:oops:.

For the top 4, how is this good for them. Either SoCal needs to get much more selective with who is flight 1, or the top teams need to consider playing up.

Yes, it's accurate. It looks like there are way too many teams in flight 1. Clearly that Slammers Orange team shouldn't be there. But on the other hand, I'm not sure why some more of the top teams aren't playing up. I don't think it does anyone any good to by 5-10 goals (or 17) each game. I took a quick look at the results from some of the "top teams"

Blues 3-0, 32-0 combined score
Surf 2-0, 12-1 combined score
Ole 2-0, 11-2 combined score
Albion 1-0, 6-0 combined score
I won't mentioned Slammers here as they started strong but lost to their own 2nd team:oops:.

For the top 4, how is this good for them. Either SoCal needs to get much more selective with who is flight 1, or the top teams need to consider playing up.
2010 teams playing up wont make a difference because next year for 2010s is when ECNL/RL kicks in. 2009 Socal teams from the big clubs will be C teams.

You may be right that it wouldn't make to much of a difference playing up. The bigger issue is that there are 45 flight 1 teams. And this doesn't include CSL. I know there is no easy way to do this, but if it were held to 20 teams it would probably be better for everyone. Except those parents who want to brag about their kid playing flight 1 with no mention of the 0-17 score line.

Back