Elimination of NWSL Draft?

dk_b

GOLD
I’ve seen it reported a couple of times today - the NWSL draft will be eliminated in the next collective bargaining agreement. That’s a year before I expected it (from other sources). What do you think?

My view: it’s better for the 40 or so players who are drafted since it allows them to negotiate with multiple teams and not just the one that happens to draft them.

I’ve seen it reported a couple of times today - the NWSL draft will be eliminated in the next collective bargaining agreement. That’s a year before I expected it (from other sources). What do you think?

My view: it’s better for the 40 or so players who are drafted since it allows them to negotiate with multiple teams and not just the one that happens to draft them.

I love this

I think it highlights how poorly college develops players for NWSL.

Unlimited subs is BS.

At least top talent can make the jump whenever they want now.

I think it highlights how poorly college develops players for NWSL.

Unlimited subs is BS.

At least top talent can make the jump whenever they want now.
My kid has played every minute. Then again she is a goalkeeper :).

For a few players college is a way to the NWSL, but for most, this is the last stop of their playing career. Since they are going to school, playing soccer, and many work part time jobs, I don't have an issue with extra subs to keep them from getting injured and allowing more players to play.

Back