Does this kind of coach exist?

Both of those links were good. I read a couple of other posts by John O'Sullivan after that. It confirms a lot of what I felt when I first navigated youth sports as a parent, but was too naive and trusting of the system and coaches to listen to my own gut. As I read these things, it makes me realize that while the sub-par coaches who take advantage of the current youth landscape are part of the problem, the bigger issue is the parental culture which feeds it and allows it to flourish. If I had to go through it all again, I would do things much differently as would many of the parents whose kids went through when mine did. It's like a lot of aspects of parenting unfortunately; by the time you know what you're doing, your kids have already grown and flown the nest.

And to answer the OP's question, yes, these coaches do exist. Unfortunately, the environment of club soccer and youth sports in general doesn't really reward them enough to make it a lucrative place to stay around.

Both of those links were good. I read a couple of other posts by John O'Sullivan after that. It confirms a lot of what I felt when I first navigated youth sports as a parent, but was too naive and trusting of the system and coaches to listen to my own gut. As I read these things, it makes me realize that while the sub-par coaches who take advantage of the current youth landscape are part of the problem, the bigger issue is the parental culture which feeds it and allows it to flourish. If I had to go through it all again, I would do things much differently as would many of the parents whose kids went through when mine did. It's like a lot of aspects of parenting unfortunately; by the time you know what you're doing, your kids have already grown and flown the nest.

And to answer the OP's question, yes, these coaches do exist. Unfortunately, the environment of club soccer and youth sports in general doesn't really reward them enough to make it a lucrative place to stay around.
Good coaches are out there you just need search them out + avoid the bad ones while doing so.

One thing I can say is that if you're chasing wins you're going to run into the jerkoffs. This is because the ones that typically rack up the wins are also the ones that have no issues bending the rules + chasing parents in the parking lots. The upside to coaches like this is that they're usually 100% ready to go + play at any event. The downside is they'll replace your kid in a heartbeat if they find something better + they'll likely rely on bullying because it's a faster way to get results.

Good coaches are out there you just need search them out + avoid the bad ones while doing so.

One thing I can say is that if you're chasing wins you're going to run into the jerkoffs. This is because the ones that typically rack up the wins are also the ones that have no issues bending the rules + chasing parents in the parking lots. The upside to coaches like this is that they're usually 100% ready to go + play at any event. The downside is they'll replace your kid in a heartbeat if they find something better + they'll likely rely on bullying because it's a faster way to get results.
Sad. True, but so sad.

Back