Blues Cup - 2016

Would love for you to elaborate on the apparent collusion! I'm sure MW will have a few laughs at your expense. Post away!
Maybe it's just a coincidence that Albion lost 5-0 to strikers. It seemed a little convenient, but just a theory. Based on the tournament, it appeared pretty likely that Albion would win their bracket -- just needed a goal -- and Eagles would get the wildcard.

Maybe it's just a coincidence that Albion lost 5-0 to strikers. It seemed a little convenient, but just a theory. Based on the tournament, it appeared pretty likely that Albion would win their bracket -- just needed a goal -- and Eagles would get the wildcard.

Everyone that pays attention to detail knows what happen. Sucks that a classy,talented,stronger and deserving Eagles team got eliminated on some questionable circumstances. Just seems odd that a strong team like Albion could not score 1 goal and allow Strikers to meet the goals needed to advance. Redhawk knows the truth. When I mention what we all know probably happen, he chose to defend the guest player thing first. If it was so outrageous best believe he would of been quick to deny the unfortunate scenario. Knowing their coaches track record of wanting to win so bad, it's totally not out of the question. I get it redhawk, as I parent of that team you have no choice but to defend. Some hard working little girls got cheated today of a semi final and possibly a final. Nothing surprises me anymore. Sad indeed.

You seem pretty concerned about our players and there playing time. Do you have a spreadsheet tracking there playing time. I bet your coach loves to see his inbox on Monday morning with the crap your compiling on behalf of the benefit of all the girls on your team. Susie played here and Katie played there for 15 minutes. Btw we didn't have a guest this weekend she's on our team. Good luck in the fall and can't wait to see you watching all our games.

She was not on your team at Surf Cup. It was not out of this world to think she was a guess player(with all your guests). Usually teams don't add players this late in the year but it's possible. Don't worry I didn't enjoy watching your team play. So I won't really be watching. Not because of the little girls playing their hearts out, but with the way your sidelines behaves at times. Yelling at the ref constantly, calling for all sorts of fouls. I'm sure that's not everyone on that sideline but a few immature individuals(mostly dads) ruin it for the rest of the parents on that team. I'm glad I'm not the only one that feels the same way about what happen today.

Everyone that pays attention to detail knows what happen. Sucks that a classy,talented,stronger and deserving Eagles team got eliminated on some questionable circumstances. Just seems odd that a strong team like Albion could not score 1 goal and allow Strikers to meet the goals needed to advance. Redhawk knows the truth. When I mention what we all know probably happen, he chose to defend the guest player thing first. If it was so outrageous best believe he would of been quick to deny the unfortunate scenario. Knowing their coaches track record of wanting to win so bad, it's totally not out of the question. I get it redhawk, as I parent of that team you have no choice but to defend. Some hard working little girls got cheated today of a semi final and possibly a final. Nothing surprises me anymore. Sad indeed.
So I have to defend crap in the order you serve it. Are you defending Eagles pro bono. Stronger Eagles team maybe but I believe we tied them earlier this year and had already beat Albion. Maybe you should take a step back and enjoy your blues sidelines instead of worrying about us. No one got cheated out of anything. So MW convinced his talented girls to not play and give the game away. That's a lot to ask of 9 year olds. Why don't you explain the track record of PA. I think his teams did pretty well in state cup last year....

So I have to defend crap in the order you serve it. Are you defending Eagles pro bono. Stronger Eagles team maybe but I believe we tied them earlier this year and had already beat Albion. Maybe you should take a step back and enjoy your blues sidelines instead of worrying about us. No one got cheated out of anything. So MW convinced his talented girls to not play and give the game away. That's a lot to ask of 9 year olds. Why don't you explain the track record of PA. I think his teams did pretty well in state cup last year....

Not to get in the middle of some entertaining posts but I can honestly say as someone who has nothing to do with 07 soccer, I was on the corner of the field near the Albion bench and to say they could have somehow thrown the game would be quite the stretch. I heard the coach talking to his team and getting in the refs for bad calls the entire game. He definitely wanted to win the game! It looked like both teams were playing hard and the Strikers just had a better game. They were pushing the ball hard the entire game and not allowing Albion any passing lanes to move the ball. Seemed to work I guess. It's a shame you guys would assume anything suspect in 8 year old soccer. Comical though to read!!

You mean his track record of having guest players to accumulate throphies and pat his stats? You must be one of those obnoxious parents I was talking about. I would not doubt it. I'd be willing to bet my house and my Hybrid that you are one of those parents. Good thing you won't be roming the sidelines tomorrow. Good luck to Albion and Surf in the Finals.

Not to get in the middle of some entertaining posts but I can honestly say as someone who has nothing to do with 07 soccer, I was on the corner of the field near the Albion bench and to say they could have somehow thrown the game would be quite the stretch. I heard the coach talking to his team and getting in the refs for bad calls the entire game. He definitely wanted to win the game! It looked like both teams were playing hard and the Strikers just had a better game. They were pushing the ball hard the entire game and not allowing Albion any passing lanes to move the ball. Seemed to work I guess. It's a shame you guys would assume anything suspect in 8 year old soccer. Comical though to read!!

It could be that I am assuming the wrong thing. I was not the first one to bring it to light(see chaufers post). I just elaborated on the subject. You are very right, it is hard to convince 8-9 year old girls to do something like this. Like chaufer said, it's not out of the question that tactically the game plan and lineups could of been alter.( that has nothing to do with the players but just the coaches). Parents on the Albion team would be easy to convince since they happen to be onto the next round regardless. So those parent probably thought nothing of it. Oh well onto the next one. I'm done entertaining the forum to say the least.

She was not on your team at Surf Cup. It was not out of this world to think she was a guess player(with all your guests). Usually teams don't add players this late in the year but it's possible. Don't worry I didn't enjoy watching your team play. So I won't really be watching. Not because of the little girls playing their hearts out, but with the way your sidelines behaves at times. Yelling at the ref constantly, calling for all sorts of fouls. I'm sure that's not everyone on that sideline but a few immature individuals(mostly dads) ruin it for the rest of the parents on that team. I'm glad I'm not the only one that feels the same way about what happen today.
You mean his track record of having guest players to accumulate throphies and pat his stats? You must be one of those obnoxious parents I was talking about. I would not doubt it. I'd be willing to bet my house and my Hybrid that you are one of those parents. Good thing you won't be roming the sidelines tomorrow. Good luck to Albion and Surf in the Finals.
your right blues teams never have guest players.....that's comical
It could be that I am assuming the wrong thing. I was not the first one to bring it to light(see chaufers post). I just elaborated on the subject. You are very right, it is hard to convince 8-9 year old girls to do something like this. Like chaufer said, it's not out of the question that tactically the game plan and lineups could of been alter.( that has nothing to do with the players but just the coaches). Parents on the Albion team would be easy to convince since they happen to be onto the next round regardless. So those parent probably thought nothing of it. Oh well onto the next one. I'm done entertaining the forum to say the least.
Roll Call..... Blues or Eagles?

This is really good stuff! I was able to watch the full game b/w Strikers and Albion. At this age level when you get down a goal or two it can be very tough to get back up and turn things around. To think that one of the teams didn't give it their all doesn't work for me. Strikers were the better team yesterday. I'm sure they also had extra motivation coming off of a game where they weren't at their best the day before. I also think Strikers were the best team we had played all weekend thus far. They were very unlucky not to get a few goals vs Surf yesterday.
Eagles remain a very strong team at this age level. Perhaps the parents should also just realize that had they given up a couple goals less or scored maybe just one more this wouldn't even be a conversation.
There will be plenty more chances this season for those top "5" teams to prove it on the field again. After Surf, Strikers, Eagles, Albion, and Blues there is a very big gap between the rest. You can also throw in SDSC who I have been very impressed with their improvement.
We all know we need to get used to players guesting. It's part of the game these days. Whether we like it or not or believe it isn't fair to those kids who regularly play we can expect to see this for years to come.
Good luck to Albion and Surf today in which should be an entertaining final.

Ditto! These might be some of the funniest posts I have read in a long time. Who exactly was the man on the grassy knoll??? Fact of the matter is, does it matter more to the kids or the parents that their 2007 child makes it to a final of a tournament? I am sure the children were upset, I am also fairly certain that they got over it after the got their Kona Ice or Oreo Shake. Yet some parents continue to be pissed and have to justify why their child did not make it to the semi final or final? Borrowed players, throwing games, fixing scores, etc, etc. Am I really reading a 2007 forum? Hey news flash, teams borrow players, coaches want to win tournaments, 8 year old children are just that, 8 and they do not know anything except they love to play a game, sometimes they win and sometimes they lose. The fact is Surf and Albion made it to the final and they both deserve to be there. Eagles are a very good team, just as all of the teams are in this tournament. At this age and after watching many games this weekend, some teams obviously stand out more than others, the difference in many of these teams are a couple players. As the years go by the gap will get closer, kids will begin to develop physically and mentally, and teams will change. Coaching will have a huge impact on these kids, both on and off the field and hopefully many of them continue to love and play the game. Winning tournaments are really fun, the kids smile, they take pride in their hard work and they celebrate with their team but it seems some times it means more to the parents then the kids. Again, Good Luck to Albion and Surf, I still say Surf at this point in their young careers is the best 2007 team out there but as the Eagles proved at Surf Cup they can be beat, either way all the girls this weekend and every weekend deserve praise for working hard and enthusiasm for the game!

heres the conclusion............in just observing.....if my 2007 player ever makes a move, based on classy parents and sideline environment of conspiracy theories of fixing 2007 girls soccer...it wont be blues for sure......surf guy has some class, thats an option........strikers seem to have albions number (Copa Del Mar) was only 3-1, but should have been 5 or 6......and 5-0 this game did not surprise me, then I stayed and watched Strikers play Surf, and If Surf dads are honest....Strikers missed 3-4 easy goals and I think all your dumb theories could take a hike.....they seem to have a good core, maybe and option.....but my club is humble and went home satisfied of our improvement............none the less...stop crying the "blues" because i think Albion has "your" number too! love these posts by the way, im sure all your clubs and coaches would be proud of their sidelines.....and theories.....or not.....i just hope your kids are happy and having fun and become bigger adults than some of you.............

Eagles parent here - we were fully aware that giving up some goals on day one may cost our team and in the end, it did. Lesson learned for our girls going forward.

Congrats to Albion for winning a very tough tournament.

And congrats to Strikers for what appears to be the most impressive win of the weekend, taking out the Champs, 5-0.

Our girls had a great time and thanks to Blues for putting on a great event!

Peace.

Back