31-0

There was a match this weekend in the '08 division of Coast League where one team ran up a 31-0 score. I know someone associated with the club/team who took the beating and that team is made up of 2009/10's but Coast doesn't have a division for them. That's beside the point. What kind of monster coach would put that kind of beating on a team of 6/7 year old girls?

I agree it's pathetic to run up the score like that.
But why would a club put kids into a competitive bracket if they are 12-24 months younger than teams they are playing.
Play signature or AYSO. There's a reason coast doesn't have a bracket for that age.
At 12 years old a team would get likely get smoked by playing 2 years up. It's exponentially worse the younger the kids are.

There was a match this weekend in the '08 division of Coast League where one team ran up a 31-0 score. I know someone associated with the club/team who took the beating and that team is made up of 2009/10's but Coast doesn't have a division for them. That's beside the point. What kind of monster coach would put that kind of beating on a team of 6/7 year old girls?
Agree. But what kind of monster of a coach of the losing team wouldn't take his team and leave at halftime (or sooner)?

What kind of a "club" would put those poor little girls in that situation?

This is just the beginning--- 11 more humiliations like this await them, unless they do the right thing and pull out of CSL.

This is competitive soccer. It's not the responsibility of the better team to play down to their opponent's level.

This is all on the geniuses at EDA who thought it was a good idea to play these girls up in a competitive league.

Just curious, how did the losing girls feel about it? I ask because I've seen a similar runup in a futsal game, where the winning team played with 1 and two less players and the losing team didn't seem to really care that much. The coaches agreed to keep the game going because it just wasn't that big of a deal.

Obviously it's bad to have a disparity happen like that, but sometimes I wonder if it's worse for the parents then the kids...

I agree it's pathetic to run up the score like that.
But why would a club put kids into a competitive bracket if they are 12-24 months younger than teams they are playing.
Play signature or AYSO. There's a reason coast doesn't have a bracket for that age.
At 12 years old a team would get likely get smoked by playing 2 years up. It's exponentially worse the younger the kids are.
Couldn't have put this any better.

Did the scores get changed? I don't see a 31-0 result any longer.
Was 31-0 incorrect? Or did someone decide that even if it was 31-0, that it shouldn't be made public.

Did the scores get changed? I don't see a 31-0 result any longer.
Was 31-0 incorrect? Or did someone decide that even if it was 31-0, that it shouldn't be made public.
It was 31-0.
Apparently CSL's standards are 15 goal differentials compared to SCDSL's 8. As a manager in the latter, I received yet another reminder from the league last week to never phone in anything worse than an 8 goal differential.

Back