'24-‘25 SoCal and National Forecast and Updates

New Season soon after USYS is over next weekend.

Way too early prediction is for Final Four ECNL is:

1. Solar
2. SD Surf
3. VDA
4. KC Athletics

VDA is my pick for Nat’l Champions. My only unknown is how Blues players leaving will affect the already top SoCal teams which could obviously knock out any of the above.

Probably most important year for these girls. U16 always produces the competitive age group and parody with the players trying to impress going into June 15th of Sophmore year. Let’s hope our girls don’t suffer any major injuries and enjoy the show.

New Season soon after USYS is over next weekend.

Way too early prediction is for Final Four ECNL is:

1. Solar
2. SD Surf
3. VDA
4. KC Athletics

VDA is my pick for Nat’l Champions. My only unknown is how Blues players leaving will affect the already top SoCal teams which could obviously knock out any of the above.

Probably most important year for these girls. U16 always produces the competitive age group and parody with the players trying to impress going into June 15th of Sophmore year. Let’s hope our girls don’t suffer any major injuries and enjoy the show.
No Legends?

No Slammers HBK? Where half of Blues went?
Mars? Many of the top 10's are playing up a year and even 2 years. I think you need to add Legends and Slammers. Solar, KC & VDA should be dropped from top 4. The new top 4 from crush and his sources for 24/25

#1 Legends out Inland Empire (SoCal)
#2 Slammers out of OC (SoCal)
#3 Surf San Diego (Socal)
#4 MVLA

Teams to watch out for

Legends SD, SoCal Blues (reloading as I write), VDA and Beach. Way too many Texas teams play kickball and that style is over and is hurting Texas big time. Socal was on lock down and not allowed even in the parks to play pick up games, so the kids played against the wall and some futsol. Socal is the Mecca of youth soccer. Nice try Mars. East Coast not even close bro:cool:

Teams to watch out for

Legends SD, SoCal Blues (reloading as I write), VDA and Beach. Way too many Texas teams play kickball and that style is over and is hurting Texas big time. Socal was on lock down and not allowed even in the parks to play pick up games, so the kids played against the wall and some futsol. Socal is the Mecca of youth soccer. Nice try Mars. East Coast not even close bro:cool:
All good. Just my prediction/opinion.

I 100% do not question that SoCal is the Mecca of Girls Youth Soccer. Had quite the dominant year except U16.

U16 seems to be the year that the best teams get stacked and why there is so much parody. Everyone trying to get eyes on their players.

As for Legends, no idea. Do they pick up the Blues players? If so, yeah, I’d probably put Legends in my prediction over KC.

VDA made it through with one USYNT player and took Koge all the way tonPKs. Next year they are adding two more USYNT players as well as another high level player who played up this past year. The coach for next year is also new but was US Club Coach of the year in 2023 and has also won two Nat’l GA Championships. It’s actually a pretty easy prediction for this team to make it to top 4.

As for Solar, they lost to Surf by a goal in Semis after beating Koge. I will say I don’t know how many are coming or leaving Solar however.

KC, Legends, Koge, Surf, Beach, PDA, Penn Fusion, MVLA, Eclipse, VDA are all contenders. Meanwhile a couple ACLs injuries could change the fate of any team.

Should be interesting to revisit in 11 months.

I 100% do not question that SoCal is the Mecca of Girls Youth Soccer. Had quite the dominant year except U16.

U16 seems to be the year that the best teams get stacked and why there is so much parody. Everyone trying to get eyes on their players.

As for Legends, no idea. Do they pick up the Blues players? If so, yeah, I’d probably put Legends in my prediction over KC.

VDA made it through with one USYNT player and took Koge all the way tonPKs. Next year they are adding two more USYNT players as well as another high level player who played up this past year. The coach for next year is also new but was US Club Coach of the year in 2023 and has also won two Nat’l GA Championships. It’s actually a pretty easy prediction for this team to make it to top 4.

As for Solar, they lost to Surf by a goal in Semis after beating Koge. I will say I don’t know how many are coming or leaving Solar however.

KC, Legends, Koge, Surf, Beach, PDA, Penn Fusion, MVLA, Eclipse, VDA are all contenders. Meanwhile a couple ACLs injuries could change the fate of any team.

Great defense. After consideration and based on how much you know soccer, I have a new pre-season top 4

#1 VDA. I heard the same thing and you confirmed my rumor mill.
#2 Legends FC
#3 Surf San Diego (picked up one of the best players)
#4 Slammers OC

Last two out
Beach
Blues (reloading)

Bubble
Solar
KC

@MARsSPEED All it took was 2 USYNT players and you moved one of the biggest SoCal exceptionalist homers @crush to support VDA's way too early preseason #1 claim; interesting mayebe something is brewing on east coast.

Everyone knows the girl who switched with BP from FCV to VDA already for playoffs; are there two other USYNT players even in VA for this age group? Unless Richmond Untd departures are happening, '09s are relatively weak in VA from my humble perspective.

As for the SoCal U16 teams - Surf was missing their best player at ECNL finals because she was playing up a year at the U17 USYNT camp. That impacts the team.

Also had a player with an ACL injury so another YNT player was playing out of position. Otherwise, Surf might have done better in VA.

I would look beyond a team having USYNT players as a reason that one team wins over another.

Like most age groups there will 60-80 kids called into for USYNT domestics camps within the first 18-24 months.
The USYNT scouts are known for telling club coaches that they could put together 3 USYNT team and there would be very little differences between them. They really push the fact that the depth scores are super tight amongst the players.
There are more players who could play on that team than will be in Carson next week training for Concacaf.

The 08 Surf comment above is another good example.

@MARsSPEED All it took was 2 USYNT players and you moved one of the biggest SoCal exceptionalist homers @crush to support VDA's way too early preseason #1 claim; interesting mayebe something is brewing on east coast.

Everyone knows the girl who switched with BP from FCV to VDA already for playoffs; are there two other USYNT players even in VA for this age group? Unless Richmond Untd departures are happening, '09s are relatively weak in VA from my humble perspective.
You are correct.

Another USYNT player who was playing up for Fairfax Brave 08s.

Another one who was actually supposed to be on USYNT pool but tore her ACL before roster was announced. She played up on VDA 08s. Returned very late in Spring and not close to 100%.

Another FCV 09 play up was at ECNL playoffs with VDA. She is a 3x ID Center player.

There is also another very good play up at VDA 08s that is moving back on age next season.

Look, it’s just a prediction on my end. No idea how egos will mesh there. I know for a fact that the team is loaded with them…

Also I should say it has nothing to do with East Coast. Could be North Dakota and I would probably predict the same thing.

Oh, and to beat a dead horse. I don’t know how the Blues shake up will affect already great SoCal teams. Anytime a team adds top players and the bottom players are displaced, teams can improve drastically.

Eclipse is only missing a few pieces along with some other teams that I have no clue about. I think we saw best of KC as they don’t have a lot of options in the area. Penn Fusion just won U16 Natty and the 09s seem to be following the same path. As far as I know they did not pick up any additional impact players however that coach is probably top coach on East Coast right now.

Should also mention some of these girls from top teams might make what IMO is a poor mistake and go pro.

Regardless, Surf wears the crown for this age group and will continue to until they are dethroned.

I would look beyond a team having USYNT players as a reason that one team wins over another.

Like most age groups there will 60-80 kids called into for USYNT domestics camps within the first 18-24 months.
The USYNT scouts are known for telling club coaches that they could put together 3 USYNT team and there would be very little differences between them. They really push the fact that the depth scores are super tight amongst the players.
There are more players who could play on that team than will be in Carson next week training for Concacaf.

Great way to look at this. Its the first year where a team can be compiled for a CONCACAF competition so the cream will rise to the top when you can only pick 18 for the upcoming u15 Championships in Costa Rica. There are always injuries and clearly a surplus of talent especially at this young age in the US so there are always others out there not getting this platform. True seperation of talents is still a year or two away as well. Great age to have a baller in with a NT call-up or not!

You are correct.

Another USYNT player who was playing up for Fairfax Brave 08s.

Another one who was actually supposed to be on USYNT pool but tore her ACL before roster was announced. She played up on VDA 08s. Returned very late in Spring and not close to 100%.

Another FCV 09 play up was at ECNL playoffs with VDA. She is a 3x ID Center player.

There is also another very good play up at VDA 08s that is moving back on age next season.

Look, it’s just a prediction on my end. No idea how egos will mesh there. I know for a fact that the team is loaded with them…

Also I should say it has nothing to do with East Coast. Could be North Dakota and I would probably predict the same thing.

Oh, and to beat a dead horse. I don’t know how the Blues shake up will affect already great SoCal teams. Anytime a team adds top players and the bottom players are displaced, teams can improve drastically.

Eclipse is only missing a few pieces along with some other teams that I have no clue about. I think we saw best of KC as they don’t have a lot of options in the area. Penn Fusion just won U16 Natty and the 09s seem to be following the same path. As far as I know they did not pick up any additional impact players however that coach is probably top coach on East Coast right now.

Should also mention some of these girls from top teams might make what IMO is a poor mistake and go pro.

Regardless, Surf wears the crown for this age group and will continue to until they are dethroned.
Thanks to all for your inputs and opinions. I think another SW team will overthrow Surf as king. My prediction is Koge or Legends. I don’t see Penn as they got manhandled by Koge in playoffs; what happened to PDA? Koge and Legends should be stronger as long as their new players integrate together; don’t know if that will be enough or status quo will continue.

Thanks to all for your inputs and opinions. I think another SW team will overthrow Surf as king. My prediction is Koge or Legends. I don’t see Penn as they got manhandled by Koge in playoffs; what happened to PDA? Koge and Legends should be stronger as long as their new players integrate together; don’t know if that will be enough or status quo will continue.
Btw some of these SW teams have at one time several NT invitees/camp players so that’s in my view more significant than a VDA NT player. The SW pool is subjectively harder than other regions

A player should not be considered "YNT" player if they just attended a few ID centers. If they make an actual camp (25 players) or roster then they can say that they are YNT.
Agree; but my point is that how deep the SW with talent, the invitees are better than most who are on the NT-camp players from other regions.

A player should not be considered "YNT" player if they just attended a few ID centers. If they make an actual camp (25 players) or roster then they can say that they are YNT.
Two made the camp. The other got injured before the roster was released and was a scratch (ACL). The ID Center player was just an example of other quality players that moved to VDA.

I don’t count ID Center or Regional Camps for USYNT either.

Like I said, just a prediction, not a ranking or anything. Egos, both players and parents, will be the biggest issue with the team putting it together. No idea if they can but they do have coach that is strong enough to do so. Long way to go.

If I were to rank currently it would probably be identical teams to the final 8 of ECNL playoffs. I mean the Soccer Rankings app almost hit it dead nuts with the exception of MVLA.

the concacaf rosters just trickled out.. I know on Tuesday the roster was initially revealed to the kids.
I heard last week a few whispers and it appears those rumors were true..
-No SD Surf kids
-they added a 2011 midfielders

The player missing from Surf at finals isn't one of those 60-80 players. She is one of the 2-3 players in her age group that has been called into every single U15 and U16 camp and is now being called up an age group. Missing a player like that is different than missing a kid who has been to 1-2 camps.

Back