'22-'23 SoCal and National Forecast and Updates

Koge seems maybe not as prepared for big league this year - that what that loss was about - preparedness. Coaches fault. Also 4-1 ? If you don’t take a national consolation game with pride and give it away - I’m not sure what that says. It’s not a scrimmage. Not all players want to lose so if that’s true that players were moved to different positions - well call me confused. That’s what off season training is for.

I was at that game. Koge looked like they were not interested in being at the game. Even the parents were flat.
I can see how a red card the day before can put 1 or 2 players out of position, maybe 3 players. but the entire team shouldn't be impacted that like over a red card.
This is still a game on a very large stage. There was also 1 USYNT who attended the first half, and two others doing some simple reporitng on dual citizens/future dual citizens. Opportunities like this don't come often.

I’d really hope to see clubs like AZ Arsenal, Beach, Sharks etc make a top 3 placing - would like to see fresh teams at nationals based on what I saw on the field this year at Richmond.
Surf took a bus of talent from Vegas
Koge added a player per posts here ? and lost 3 key players
Blues seemed to have curated something for this season with small changes.
Pats :) has a ways but has been out there recruiting what it needs to fill in holes - impressive start to ecnl. Holding their own - I expect good growth of the players this year.
sharks beach AZ will continue battle.

Surf took a bus of talent from Vegas
Koge added a player per posts here ? and lost 3 key players

Is Surf adding players from Vegas in '23/'24 season or did they take Vegas kids to Richmond?
And Koge lost 3 players? So the game I watched in Richmond against San Juan had the 3 players, now they are gone?

Is Surf adding players from Vegas in '23/'24 season or did they take Vegas kids to Richmond?
And Koge lost 3 players? So the game I watched in Richmond against San Juan had the 3 players, now they are gone?
Which teams in socal will take each of the two divisions? Blues/Legends?

4-1 Blues over Surf;
1-1 between Koge and Legends

Watched both games; all the teams will be difficult to handle nationally (so long no injuries);Thought Blues looked the best out of the 4 teams though still the same kick and run( will that style last for a Nat Champ?) Surf possessed and spaced nicely, they will peak later in the year... Koge I thought looked 2nd best today out of the 4 teams, team is a combo of small ball, speed, space, and balanced with direct, apparently have not played much over the break- Legends very physical team, had their moments seemed to counter with big physical forwards with their speed.

Marspeed after today from the SW conference in my opinion would rank these 4 team based from today's game (could change week to week);

1) Blues-though lost to Legends;
2) Koge-may go furthest in the Nat tourney with their style;
3) Legends-will be a difficult out nationally will match up with anyone;
4) Surf-has the style, just need a bit more intensity and may very well end up in the Final 4 nationally again.
Surf is the top dog in the southwest but a long grueling season will grind out even the best-they will have a target from the teams in the best conference in America. Koge will surprise nationally and be another threat, just butchered Arizona. Blues will be excellent but don’t know how they will mesh. Legends will win in a walkover in their conference with a new coach.

It’s gonna be a long season and surf cup is no indicator ..

Surf top dog at surf cup over legends.

Koge didn’t make it out of round.

Where was Blues ?

Congrats to surf and legends making it to the final game - and so the season begins ….

Back