Youth Soccer Rankings

Thanks Brian,

Is there an issue with SCDSL schedule?
SCDSL results now included. But with poor linking to teams. Hopefully people will use the automatic correction feature to fix their team's rankings. It updates pretty quick and makes all the results more accurate.

My optimism that YSR would get its act together has faded. The rankings have gone from uncannily accurate last year to almost completely irrelevant this year. I understand it is a massive undertaking, but whatever changes took place several months ago when the site almost shut down have been for the worse.

My optimism that YSR would get its act together has faded. The rankings have gone from uncannily accurate last year to almost completely irrelevant this year. I understand it is a massive undertaking, but whatever changes took place several months ago when the site almost shut down have been for the worse.
What are you seeing? After the fix for scdsl it’s been working for our team

I would give you some specific examples but YSR appears to be down currently.

Off the top of my head, many teams have only this years league matches and nothing from tournaments or last Fall or last Spring. Others have only tournaments.

Off the top of my head, many teams have only this years league matches and nothing from tournaments or last Fall or last Spring. Others have only tournaments.

What I have noticed is that some teams have two separate rankings for the same team. Where one would have the tournaments and past games while the other just had their league games. Our team did and I just emailed YSR and had them combined the two. I think the reason was, it is looking for the exact name of the team and if it can't find it, it creates a new ranking (i.e. Strikers Southbay G01 vs Strikers FC Southbay G01)

fix the teams that have those errors. if you know for the there is an error, just click on the team then click on report errors. if there are multiple accounts for the same team, it'll let you merge the accounts together. you can add missing tournaments by providing a link to the results page of the tournament. most changes are updated by the next day.

just be sure to search the age group for multiple entries for a team. search by club and coach's last name too. then request to merge accounts.

fix the teams that have those errors. if you know for the there is an error, just click on the team then click on report errors. if there are multiple accounts for the same team, it'll let you merge the accounts together. you can add missing tournaments by providing a link to the results page of the tournament. most changes are updated by the next day.

just be sure to search the age group for multiple entries for a team. search by club and coach's last name too. then request to merge accounts.
I had to do this for our team as well. We had 3 team names to merge then remove a similarly named (different age bracket) team. Took a few hours and it showed the proper games.

Each tournament and/or league seems to list us differently.

In the 2006 age group somebody got a little you aggressive with merges and merged San Diego Surf's B and C team, which happen to be coached by the same guy.

YSL has been working very well and accurately for our team since they corrected the missing CSL fall season.

I wish there was a way to upload non - gotsoccer events. There are parts of the country that are data less.

You can fix that. There is an automatic unmerge option too.
Its not as easy as you think. For example if the team has some games from a gaming circuit (SDDA, etc), and only wants to remove some of those games/seasons/flights that are in error you can't do that. It's all or nothing.

Back