YOUTH SOCCER RANKINGS IS NO MORE

We can keep this going (for socal girls at least). We already have data for 04, 05, 08 and 09 girls. Just need people to step up for the other years...00 - 03, 06 and 07. I'm working with Tango on putting up a site similar to YSR. Any volunteers for those missing years? We can step you through the process.

Bummer. This was hands down the best/easiest ranking website I saw. Pre-age group change, Last Planet's was more thorough, but only for a tiny cross section of teams in certain areas (PNW) or age groups. Youthsoccerrankings.com was a good resource for TA's and coaches when evaluating competition levels and scheduling friendly matches. Although, I'm sure at some point some statistic-obsessed soccer parent with too much time on their hands will eventually step in to fill the void.

Bummer. This was hands down the best/easiest ranking website I saw. Pre-age group change, Last Planet's was more thorough, but only for a tiny cross section of teams in certain areas (PNW) or age groups. Youthsoccerrankings.com was a good resource for TA's and coaches when evaluating competition levels and scheduling friendly matches. Although, I'm sure at some point some statistic-obsessed soccer parent with too much time on their hands will eventually step in to fill the void.
Wait, so you like the site but at the same time insult the people who would potentially keep it going?

Wait, so you like the site but at the same time insult the people who would potentially keep it going?
Yes. But trust me, I'm being self-deprecating when I say that. I'm one of those obsessed soccer parents with too much time on their hands...exhibit A being my participation on this forum at all! Just trying to not take it all so seriously. I like to take the piss out of soccer parents, and that includes myself. Admit it, we kind of deserve ridicule sometimes. As much as I liked that site and LastPlanet's rankings, I'm not oblivious to how insane it is that we have national rankings for 10 year old soccer teams.

Appears that the site is still being updated. Although the home page where do can filter and search appears down, I'm seeing last weekends games from National Cup populated on the team views.

As much as I liked that site and LastPlanet's rankings, I'm not oblivious to how insane it is that we have national rankings for 10 year old soccer teams.

I totally agree about the notion of ranking youth soccer, but it is an interesting experiment nonetheless.

I like(d) YSR for aggregating the scores from multiple sources and I did find it interesting to see how well it predicted things. It made it very easy to 'surf' future opponents' game histories. Nothing else out there is even close from what I can find.

Appears that the site is still being updated. Although the home page where do can filter and search appears down, I'm seeing last weekends games from National Cup populated on the team views.

If I had to guess, the underlying infrastructure probably includes crawling certain web sites for scores, which would be done as an automated job instead of manual, because who has the time to crawl 50+ sites for scores? The web interface has been disabled, but he probably hasn't turned off the automated processes.

Does anyone know the algorithm? Pulling/crawling the other sites for data is not an issue so long as we can find the sources...

This is a bummer. The site was simple to navigate and for us these past summer, league, and State tournament seasons it was quite accurate.

I really appreciated the YSR website as well, however....

maybe you guys should get in touch with the people @ this website, if you havent already.

http://lastplanetranking.blogspot.com/p/frontpage_5.html

I know they were awesome when my daughter played. yeah, maybe not the national coverage ysr generated, but the comparison tool was very accurate during it's time.

somewhere on the page has contact info.

GL

Dang, this guy takes it to another level.

I really appreciated the YSR website as well, however....

maybe you guys should get in touch with the people @ this website, if you havent already.

http://lastplanetranking.blogspot.com/p/frontpage_5.html

I know they were awesome when my daughter played. yeah, maybe not the national coverage ysr generated, but the comparison tool was very accurate during it's time.

somewhere on the page has contact info.

GL
This is pretty neat. They have many CAS teams if you pull up All Teams in Database option under PNW years.

Looks like the ranking is based on tournament/showcase plays only.

Back