Will US Soccer schedule "friendlies" between like age Elite GDA and G/WNT circuit teams?

GoWest

GOLD
:D Like one big happy family, will US Soccer schedule "friendlies / scrimmages" between like age Elite GDA and G/WNT circuit teams as part of ongoing evaluation processes? I mean, maybe another valuable way to evaluate individual players in "head to head" competition? I dont believe US Soccer has ever done that with ECNL but I may be wrong. Just wondering if anyone has heard anything along those lines or not.

:D Like one big happy family, will US Soccer schedule "friendlies / scrimmages" between like age Elite GDA and G/WNT circuit teams as part of ongoing evaluation processes? I mean, maybe another valuable way to evaluate individual players in "head to head" competition? I dont believe US Soccer has ever done that with ECNL but I may be wrong. Just wondering if anyone has heard anything along those lines or not.
The YNT teams use to scrimmage the Cal South Girls ODP teams. Last November at the ODP Thanksgiving interregional event in Florida. The GU14 YNT scrimmaged an older ODP 2000 Region I, II, III, and IV girls teams.

http://tournaments.usyouthsoccer.or...Interregional/Schedule/2000-Girls/Division+1/

A couple of years ago a US YNT also scrimmaged a Surf ECNL team mixed with their best 98/99 players.

The YNT teams use to scrimmage the Cal South Girls ODP teams. Last November at the ODP Thanksgiving interregional event in Florida. The GU14 YNT scrimmaged an older ODP 2000 Region I, II, III, and IV girls teams.

http://tournaments.usyouthsoccer.or...Interregional/Schedule/2000-Girls/Division+1/

A couple of years ago a US YNT also scrimmaged a Surf ECNL team mixed with their best 98/99 players.
Ok, thanks. Looks like there is a bit of history then. I could imagine US Soccer ramping up that idea maybe even by this Fall? Personally, I think it's a good idea to promote the US Soccer GDA venture.

I have seen them scrimmage older ODP teams, WPSL teams as well as top younger boys teams. If they can get a good match, they have sought it out. Perhaps GDA will make that easier, though I expect they would have younger teams play older GDA teams located near their training sites.

For club/teams near the training center(s) there can be some opportunities.

Not sure ussda is pushing this, seems like more of a convenience deal arranged by certain clubs...The training center at stub hub is right next to LA Galaxy so those teams likely to have more "opportunities"

I'm thinking since US Soccer is over both GDA league and G/WNT circuit/campers, they would promote the idea. A stacked SoCal GDA team (Slammers and Surf come to mind) would probably be challenged by a like age bracket G/WNT group of campers and vice versa? I've always heard that some of the girls invited to the national team camps, though having solid skills, probably were juiced in because their HC or club DOC (or both) are heavy handed with the political push so to flush those players out, it would seem that a series of games like we are speaking of might be another checks and balances of sorts? I guess we'll see in the next few months.

I'm thinking since US Soccer is over both GDA league and G/WNT circuit/campers, they would promote the idea. A stacked SoCal GDA team (Slammers and Surf come to mind) would probably be challenged by a like age bracket G/WNT group of campers and vice versa? I've always heard that some of the girls invited to the national team camps, though having solid skills, probably were juiced in because their HC or club DOC (or both) are heavy handed with the political push so to flush those players out, it would seem that a series of games like we are speaking of might be another checks and balances of sorts? I guess we'll see in the next few months.
True the YNT players are either scouted at showcases, ID events and/or recommnded by their DOC's. It doesn't mean they are on the team, because of their recommendation alone. They attend the camp/s and a lot of invited players are cycled out after 1 or 2 camp invites.

True the YNT players are either scouted at showcases, ID events and/or recommnded by their DOC's. It doesn't mean they are on the team, because of their recommendation alone. They attend the camp/s and a lot of invited players are cycled out after 1 or 2 camp invites.
Prior to Girls DA this fall. US Soccer runs their monthly ulittle US Soccer regionalized market training centers. This is by invite only and the players are either ID'd or/are recommended by their club DOC. If the player shows well they are invited back the following months. The players who shine can get a YNT camp invite.

IMO, US Soccer has done a great job actually indentifying the best players in the SoCal 1999 age group. No parent in SoCal can argue there DD is better than Ashley Sanchez, Kiara Pickett, Tara McKeown, Karina Rodriguez and Arlie Jones. Some may say, Catarina Macario, but she is not a US citizen yet.

Prior to Girls DA this fall. US Soccer runs their monthly ulittle US Soccer regionalized market training centers. This is by invite only and the players are either ID'd or/are recommended by their club DOC. If the player shows well they are invited back the following months. The players who shine can get a YNT camp invite.

IMO, US Soccer has done a great job actually indentifying the best players in the SoCal 1999 age group. No parent in SoCal can argue there DD is better than Ashley Sanchez, Kiara Pickett, Tara McKeown, Karina Rodriguez and Arlie Jones. Some may say, Catarina Macario, but she is not a US citizen yet.
You make a good point especially for that group. Jones is a Nevada girl I think so goes to support even more that US Soccer is IDing great talent at a good clip. I wonder about the US Soccer coaches though. Carr seems a good fit and I think he's had a good amount of success within the US Soccer system. Not so sure about some of the other US Soccer coaches though. Not my call.

You make a good point especially for that group. Jones is a Nevada girl I think so goes to support even more that US Soccer is IDing great talent at a good clip. I wonder about the US Soccer coaches though. Carr seems a good fit and I think he's had a good amount of success within the US Soccer system. Not so sure about some of the other US Soccer coaches though. Not my call.
Correct Jones is from Vegas. She played NV ODP, Region IV ODP and on the Surf ECNL team. Her performance on all 3 teams most likely contributed to her YNT call up and making the team. Same can be said about the other SoCal players I posted previously.

Just don't scrimmage FC Dallas DA team like the full national team!
Where can we get a glimpse at their roster? What age bracket is the FC Dallas team? If what I am hearing about some of the upcoming GDA teams is true (deep with talent) there are gonna be some fantastic matches and rivalries built starting in just a couple months! I just hope US Soccer builds scrimmages within the upcoming programming format that includes teams on the G/WNT circuit. I think it would fit nicely within their mission to further ID the very best players in the US. Less guess work might prove to improve US international results?

Where can we get a glimpse at their roster? What age bracket is the FC Dallas team? If what I am hearing about some of the upcoming GDA teams is true (deep with talent) there are gonna be some fantastic matches and rivalries built starting in just a couple months! I just hope US Soccer builds scrimmages within the upcoming programming format that includes teams on the G/WNT circuit. I think it would fit nicely within their mission to further ID the very best players in the US. Less guess work might prove to improve US international results?
I have to ask do you think the US Womens U17 and U20 YNT teams unsuccessful bid at the World Cup was do to poor player selection or the YNT head coaches and their style of play? Yes, this is a loaded question.

I was kidding and mentioned that because their boys u15 team beat our full women's national team 5-2 in a scrimmage a few weeks ago. I agree they should. I can see a u15 national team playing a 00 team or something of that sort.

I have to ask do you think the US Womens U17 and U20 YNT teams unsuccessful bid at the World Cup was do to poor player selection or the YNT head coaches and their style of play? Yes, this is a loaded question.

I think the answer is typically both. At least for the u20's not ALL of the best were willing to forgo their college season due to scholarship issues with a 5th year needed. Do the nations best coaches coach with the youth national teams? I don't think so. Many don't want that type of job and prefer to work with kids weekly. IMO until we get a new TD, not much will change

I think the answer is typically both. At least for the u20's not ALL of the best were willing to forgo their college season due to scholarship issues with a 5th year needed. Do the nations best coaches coach with the youth national teams? I don't think so. Many don't want that type of job and prefer to work with kids weekly. IMO until we get a new TD, not much will change
You just let GoWest of the hook.

The Albion Hurricane GDA team is going to be ridiculous. I spoke with the parents of a Pepperdine player from Houston and they told me that they only have one GDA team for that entire metro area! Houston is the 4th largest city in America which is crazy that San Diego has 3 and Orange County has 4 with a much smaller pool of potential players not to mention an MLS team and an NWSL team. They told me that their issue down there is coaching. I laughed and said that is the same everywhere.

LOL! I'm glad I had to do a bit of shopping allowing time for @soccer4us to let me "off the hook!" I agree with 4us in that it is a recipe of things as mentioned. I do however, put a lot of emphasis on the coach. It seems in any sport, that's where the buck stops (or should anyways) ...the head coach. They do rely on others to help scout and recruit talent but I the HC has the final say and so, especially at the u17 level (where college conflict is NOT at play) I place the greater part of their disappointing showing on the shoulders of the coach. If memory serves, Frias, right? Was he "reallocated" to running the technical training or something like that? I may be off base here as to the most recent HC of the u17's.

I was kidding and mentioned that because their boys u15 team beat our full women's national team 5-2 in a scrimmage a few weeks ago. I agree they should. I can see a u15 national team playing a 00 team or something of that sort.
I would like to see US Soccer set scrimmages / friendlies with "apples to apples" competition. Elite GDA teams only. I'm just curious as to what we would see. That was a butt whooping though....5-2!

The Albion Hurricane GDA team is going to be ridiculous. I spoke with the parents of a Pepperdine player from Houston and they told me that they only have one GDA team for that entire metro area! Houston is the 4th largest city in America which is crazy that San Diego has 3 and Orange County has 4 with a much smaller pool of potential players not to mention an MLS team and an NWSL team. They told me that their issue down there is coaching. I laughed and said that is the same everywhere.
So, when are the GDA rosters and schedule supposed to be published? July?

Back