Who brought the most ECNL players to Presidents this weekend?

Josep
Correct One player will not make a big difference, two players, it will make a difference if the players are in higher skill level than the teammates, 5 players in a team it will make a huge difference and most likely they will win the game if the counterpart is less fortunate not having a tier 1 team to pull players to help them win and for the kids having a good experience we need to ask to the losing team,did you enjoyed getting kill by the other team, sorry DD that you did not make it to the sweet 16 but geez we have such a great time.
I think something needs to change, Aresenal, CD Slammers are not at fault they are using what it is given to them, but on the same token the ECNL teams from DOC to the coach are failing to teach soccer and the fundamental what is right and wrong and some parents will follow that philosophy since winning is better than losing and I will assume money is not object if your DD is seating on the bench meanwhile the better player play. Amen

Beware of first half scores against teams that know what they’re doing. I’ve seen several coaches play softly first half and then bring the needed heat in second. Bakers have always been good at making you think you were in a game then punish you in second half.

As for ECNL players - they are just players. They aren’t magical. They may be a half step faster, a slight but more skilled, or have a little bit better IQ. While some are leaps and bounds better than the average player, the difference is hard to see in the rest. And adding 1,2, or 5 May make a ton of difference or no difference at all in a game.

Did you kid have a good experience? That’s all that really counts here.
I hear what you're saying about differences in 1st half vs 2nd half. However, in this game it was a matter of having 5 ECNL players playing throughout the game & eventually proving too much for my dd's team. Like most Flt 2 teams, her team has holes & credit Slammers for finding & exposing those holes. They hung in there for the first half, but the quality of players was heavily tilted in favor of the Slammers. Credit to their club for playing w/i the rules & adding players to their roster that eventually assisted in their President's Cup Championship.
It was a rewarding experience for her team to play against a very good team & witness what it takes to play a championship 70 minute game. It's all about the journey. Looking forward to next year!

Out of curiosity- how many players did Slammers have on the bench for state cup?
Their scdsl roster only had 11 on it.

They had 18 players with 7 on the bench.
Which slammers team....Orange Huie is looking for players and I bet the Fullerton Rangers would like to know if the ECNL players are coming Saturday. Slammers Segovia is a super strong team, but I don't know if they had ECNL when they smoked my DD's team 7 to 1.

Which slammers team....Orange Huie is looking for players and I bet the Fullerton Rangers would like to know if the ECNL players are coming Saturday. Slammers Segovia is a super strong team, but I don't know if they had ECNL when they smoked my DD's team 7 to 1.
I could be wrong, but I dont think CDA Slammers shares players with the ECNL group - Which is Slammers (not CDA)

Thanks for playing hard all season to our 11 players. You probably played lots of games with no subs. Your reward for that is to sit the bench during our state cup championship run.
Yes.
Several long time players on that Slammers team go to school with some of the girls on our team & they didn't seem to happy sitting on the bench. Neither did their parents. That's what you sign up for I guess when you win Presidents Cup going 9-0, scoring 38 goals & giving up 3?

you are correct, CDA has no ties to ECNL players they all belong to Slammers FC Newport - You can not club pass them
Just a thought here - Since ECNL doesn't play in State Cup, those players aren't "Cup Tied" to any specific roster. Could I put out a call to all ECNL teams to fill any gaps for State Cup next year? Maybe we'll play down to Governors and chase a trophy.
(Heck, it could even be a money maker for ECNL teams. They could sell their players on a temporary "lease"). $100 per win. $50 per goal. $500 bonus for a trophy.

Thanks for playing hard all season to our 11 players. You probably played lots of games with no subs. Your reward for that is to sit the bench during our state cup championship run.

Lol “state cup championship run.” The top 60+ teams in the age group don’t play in the competition. This is a consolation of a consolation pool of teams. A red Solo cup has more value than anything “won” at presidents state cup.

The sour grapes here are laughable. Don’t attempt to win anything if you can’t handle stronger competition.

How many of these “victim” teams at state cup enter Vegas cup and play in the 8th flight, the Stardust bracket, and then brag that they “won” Vegas Cup?

Never mind the Aria, Encore, Bellagio, Mandalay Bay, Venetian, Mirage and Cosmopoltain divisions.

How many of these “victim” teams at state cup enter Vegas cup and play in the 8th flight, the Stardust bracket, and then brag that they “won” Vegas Cup?

Never mind the Aria, Encore, Bellagio, Mandalay Bay, Venetian, Mirage and Cosmopoltain divisions.

Well aren't you special.

Well aren't you special.

Me? No. But I’m not whining about guest players and harder competition. My kids aren’t also chasing trophies for lower comps. They play because they enjoy it and want to get better. And they relish in playing against harder players.[/QUOTE]

The kids or parents are not chasing trophies (Most of them), the teams like Arsenal and Slammers are chasing the trophies so they can bring more people to their clubs a lot of trophies more money.

CDA Slammers Huie did have a couple of ECNL players but it was only a couple. Rangers is ok with it. We'd rather be challenged. Good luck to everyone still in it!

Back