Which u12 DA team in the Los Angeles region has the most talented players ?

I guess OC teams are in the San Diego Division, that leaves a lot of talent just outside the LA division.

Spread out...

For 17-18' U13 = 05, U14=04 and both will play 11v11 next season right? That changes things somewhat, which players will use the bigger field, longer games, more space, etc better? Additional players takes better teamwork, several factors come into play. Playi time won't be as evenly spread out as in U12, starters and maybe 3 subs going to see the majority of the playing time for example in most cases

Which team(s) trusted players playing up this past 16-17 year?

In the end doesn't matter all that much which team might have the most talent, "not what you have but how you use it..."

Spread out...

For 17-18' U13 = 05, U14=04 and both will play 11v11 next season right? That changes things somewhat, which players will use the bigger field, longer games, more space, etc better? More players takes better teamwork, several factors come into play

Which team(s) trusted players playing up this past 16-17 year?

In the end doesn't matter team all that much who might have the most talent, "not what you have but how you use it..."
Agree. And yes, 04 and 05 will be playing on the big boy field this next year. Far departure from the small, tight spaces they've been playing on for the past 8 months. Some will excel on the bigger field, others will struggle.

Agree. And yes, 04 and 05 will be playing on the big boy field this next year. Far departure from the small, tight spaces they've been playing on for the past 8 months. Some will excel on the bigger field, others will struggle.
What does it mean the U14 will be playing nationally. Are they going to be going out of state often? If so, what would be considered cal state region.

What does it mean the U14 will be playing nationally. Are they going to be going out of state often? If so, what would be considered cal state region.

Going to be some showcases; one in later fall (SC played the NC teams) and the winter Futsal (SC played SC teams) one. This past year the fall one was at Stub Hub Center and Futsal at Galaxy Center in Torrance so both of those where local.

This new season 17-18' might be different, fall one could be up north this time.

Did your coach tell you DA U14 will be playing nationally? Maybe that's about out of state tournaments or something?

Going to be some showcases; one in later fall (SC played the NC teams) and the winter Futsal (SC played SC teams) one. This past year the fall one was at Stub Hub Center and Futsal at Galaxy Center in Torrance so both of those where local.

This new season 17-18' might be different, fall one could be up north this time.

Did your coach tell you DA U14 will be playing nationally? Maybe that's about out of state tournaments or something?
I see, actually read it on the 16-17 academy application thread. I might have misread your post there.

I see, actually read it on the 16-17 academy application thread. I might have misread your post there.

There is a summer showcase and playoffs this 16-17' season for the olders & U14 (02's) can play in the showcase at Grand Park in Westfield, IN during June & July
http://www.ussoccerda.com/20170209-Summer-Showcase-and-Playoffs

Normally the age group just before the the playoffs start are included in the summer event. so for next season 17-18' that will be the U15 (03') group for the summer showcase most likely.

LAFC 06 looks ridiculously good.
Given that, any idea why LAFC 06 decided to take two teams to Cerritos rather than go to Man City with the other 06 USSDA teams? Seems like a lose-lose for them. If they carve up the teams from which their players came, they just look like bullies kicking sand in other kids' faces (and they don't get much development out of that). If, on the other hand, they're not ready for prime time and they lose to some non-Academy teams, it's a little embarassing, especially since it's not likely most of their opponents are going to have the benefit of continuity going for them. Most top non-DA teams had to retool their rosters fairly substantially because of DA departures.

Given that, any idea why LAFC 06 decided to take two teams to Cerritos rather than go to Man City with the other 06 USSDA teams? Seems like a lose-lose for them. If they carve up the teams from which their players came, they just look like bullies kicking sand in other kids' faces (and they don't get much development out of that). If, on the other hand, they're not ready for prime time and they lose to some non-Academy teams, it's a little embarassing, especially since it's not likely most of their opponents are going to have the benefit of continuity going for them. Most top non-DA teams had to retool their rosters fairly substantially because of DA departures.

LAFC aren't the only 06 DA teams playing Cerritos this weekend, West Coast also has a DA team and I believe most of the LAUFA team are on their DA team as well. Should be a great weekend.

LAFC aren't the only 06 DA teams playing Cerritos this weekend, West Coast also has a DA team and I believe most of the LAUFA team are on their DA team as well. Should be a great weekend.
Doesn't appear to be any competition for the LAFC kids in that tourney.

LAFC are very athletic.

They have a couple of stand out players but they are an athletic team. You can't use this weekend scores as a guide for how good they arewhen most of the competition are newly formed teams. I was able to see them play and they are athletic nothing wrong with that, smaller teams are going to have a tough time.

They have a couple of stand out players but they are an athletic team. You can't use this weekend scores as a guide for how good they arewhen most of the competition are newly formed teams. I was able to see them play and they are athletic nothing wrong with that, smaller teams are going to have a tough time.
And one of them lost to golden state i see!

Back