what would you do.....

Discussion in 'SoCalScene' started by soccerparent1, Nov 12, 2017.

1. Chalklines

Chalklines Bronze

Ratings:
    +31 / 5
    So parents want customer service for youth sports now along with equal playing time and trophys for all?

Is the coach and club at fault here? Sure, but why don't we put the blame down the midde to be fair. I'm sure the bitching from some of these parents is what provked the email in the first place.

Sometimes just like in bussiness you need to know when to walk away and stop letting $$$$ & cents make it an emotional decision.

2. espola

espola Silver Elite

Ratings:
    +3,022 / 114
    I think I see your problem.

3. sandshark

sandshark Bronze

Ratings:
    +325 / 11
    Frank
    Your wrong, your customers are your business! And if you have more than one customer with the same complaint you need to really take a hard look at why this is happening. I'm guessing the only issue is not this coach being late? I will also say if this is the only issue this coach has had and this is his response to his customers complaining he also has some deep issues he needs to get a grip on, do you think if it really was only two issues of parents complaining this is the correct reaction? "My ship, go away, here is your kids card" REALLY does that sound like good customer service?

Dead Poo
    The coach got tired of parents (as in plural) talking behind his back? Well again if he has several parents picking on him he should pull his head out of his ass and figure out why he has so many talking behind his back.
    Now if he has one parent riding his ass full time and literally starting crap all over the team, then YA tell that cancer to take a hike!

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. sandshark

sandshark Bronze

Ratings:
    +325 / 11
    Oh ha ha no way do I think all players deserve equal playing time or trophies.
    RE: Is the company/club and its employee at fault, hell yes it is, when people are paying you for a service you don't get to split "the blame" that is why they hired your club to provide a professional coach to train their children. When you accept their payment for your services you now become the responsible professional expected to provide the product promised. You don't get to keep the money and split the blame! WTH are you thinking? So lets say..Ok split the blame and return 1/2 the fee's, think that will work on the 50/50 split?
    And trust me non of these parents are considering the money as the factor for their passion when dealing with the issues, coaches and club, they are parents trying to deal with the fact they think their child is being unfairly treated! Its the clubs that put the money before the children!

• Like Like x 1
  5. charlie murphy

charlie murphy Bronze

Ratings:
    +63 / 0
    Been in this situation with a team. In our case it was one or two parents that started the conversations to stir the pot with other parents and once they swayed enough people, the pressure was put on the "others" . It was put out there as "all of us are going to move and 'we' wanted to let you know so that 'you' can be part of 'our' team. blah , blah , blah.... 'we will be better ' ....'you won't have to deal with ***'..... we will have this .....It is always better. In the end you realize who started the commotion and suddenly they are the new fave of the coach, probably the 'new manager', always in the coaches ear and little joey is the "new " starting forward. You find out the new coach that been working with Joey for the past 6 months privately because of all the 'dysfunction' at the old club. I would say talk to the coach as a group sounds like he / she need to get some stuff off his chest, forget the DOC they are always going to protect the brand. It sounds like 2/3 of the team also needs to say something. They should man up and if they have something to say about something or someone say it to their face. then finally , 1/3 can see who they believe. If it seems like it may be a bit more hostile meet in a public space. Good luck . support your kid is guess is the best advice. maybe the kids need to decide what they want that is the ultimate driver in this case .

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  6. jose

jose Bronze

Ratings:
    +153 / 4
    Sounds like the coach has rabbit ears. Don't be such a P***y. Just do your job. My DD was on a team and the parents were losing their minds even though he said at the pre season meeting they would lose most of their games. They wanted a meeting. He didn't get mad he simply said I don't do parent meetings if anyone has issue ill talk to them. Thats how it was. Nobody said a word after that. You coach kids you manage parents