What is your player doing right now to get ready for next year?

I was talking to a friend of mine who has a player starting college next year. She will be reporting in June for summer school. She is training pretty hard working on her conditioning packet. She really wants to contribute this year as a freshman. If got me thinking. What are the signed high school seniors doing right now to get ready? U18 club ball is winding down and unless a player's team is in the top 2 of the standings the season will be over in about a month. July is right around the corner and I know that the returning players are putting in work.

What is your player doing to be ready to contribute as a freshman? Parents of rising juniors or returning college players are encouraged to chime in too.

WPSL, specific weights with a trainer 2x a week, HIIT drills 2x a week, Man U fitness test practice 1x a week, GK training 2X a week, soccer practice 2X a week until she reports, and a couple of other weird running/ballwork drills I can't remember that she has to do 3X a week. I actually had to help her schedule all this around school because its a weird jigsaw puzzle of "you can't do this on the same day as that". After all that she is still worried about being fit enough when reporting :confused:

I forgot to mention all the eating and the supplements and the protein! Yikes!

WPSL, specific weights with a trainer 2x a week, HIIT drills 2x a week, Man U fitness test practice 1x a week, GK training 2X a week, soccer practice 2X a week until she reports, and a couple of other weird running/ballwork drills I can't remember that she has to do 3X a week. I actually had to help her schedule all this around school because its a weird jigsaw puzzle of "you can't do this on the same day as that". After all that she is still worried about being fit enough when reporting :confused:

That's a pretty impressive regimen of things! I was underwhelmed by what I saw in the net in Camarillo so she definitely will be in the mix for minutes.

Good to hear.
Waves have the most fit team they have ever had.

My DD's workout packet requires 3 days of lifting, 1 day of conditioning/timed sprinting, and 1 day of acceleration/plyo a week. Squeezes in day of ball work in between, along with 2 days of club practice. Lastly she will play WPSL prior to reporting.

She has been working hard and my wife and I let her go to Coachella with a friend last weekend. Work hard, play hard!

My DD's workout packet requires 3 days of lifting, 1 day of conditioning/timed sprinting, and 1 day of acceleration/plyo a week. Squeezes in day of ball work in between, along with 2 days of club practice. Lastly she will play WPSL prior to reporting.

She has been working hard and my wife and I let her go to Coachella with a friend last weekend. Work hard, play hard!

My player was there too! $475 is a lot for a ticket but she had a blast!

I agree it is costly. When she got back home. I said, well at least you got to go, because you won't be able to for the next 4 years. She replied, my teammates told me they have something similar in Washington too.

She got a surprise. Everyone on her shuttle got upgraded to VIP tickets so she got front row for all if the acts that she wanted to see. I only forked over the cash because so far she has only gotten one B+ and the rest A's so far this year. Her and your daughter are cut from the same cloth. I know that she is going to do amazing this season. I'm going to be cheering for her in every game but one.....

And actually I will be cheering for her but I won't be hoping that they win.

While I loved Coachella back in the day I've developed a massive aversion to crowds and parking fiascos. I remember fondly the days I didn't care about that stuff....and was just excited about the music and the art and the clothes and the feeling of freedom Glad to hear the girls enjoyed themselves!

Conditioning packet arrived yesterday. Good news is it did not freak her out at all. I did find it amusing that the conditioning packet instructions have not improved in the slightest from my oldest to my youngest (6 year difference). She's off to Stagecoach (bought tickets when she was told she would not return to play until May) this weekend. But, going to do the pool workouts in the morning. Anyone have any tips for adjusting to humidity? That is her biggest hurdle. Coach made it clear that it is the hardest part for the girls from the coast. She has given up air conditioning in the car and the house, but cannot really control other places.

Conditioning packet as well as her strength and conditioning coach 2 times week. Team training 2x a week, skills trainer 2-3x month. Also, some WPSL games. Unfortunate, that she has to start playing in National Cup games, which aren't very competitive at all until the finals. I know some seniors who only go to LA fitness 1 time a week and team training...yikes.

Conditioning packet arrived yesterday. Good news is it did not freak her out at all. I did find it amusing that the conditioning packet instructions have not improved in the slightest from my oldest to my youngest (6 year difference). She's off to Stagecoach (bought tickets when she was told she would not return to play until May) this weekend. But, going to do the pool workouts in the morning. Anyone have any tips for adjusting to humidity? That is her biggest hurdle. Coach made it clear that it is the hardest part for the girls from the coast. She has given up air conditioning in the car and the house, but cannot really control other places.
GKrent DD hasn't received her packet and yours just got hers? My DD is on her 8th week out of a 12 week packet program and reports at the end of June.

I had to help my DD google some of the workout routines. They are abbreviated and read like gibberish.

My best advice for adjusting to the humidity is drink a lot of Gatorade or a little pickle juice. Helps avoid those muscle cramps that you are bound to get fighting it. I spent more than my share of summers in the deep South and humidity is a huge fact of life there.

Conditioning packet as well as her strength and conditioning coach 2 times week. Team training 2x a week, skills trainer 2-3x month. Also, some WPSL games. Unfortunate, that she has to start playing in National Cup games, which aren't very competitive at all until the finals. I know some seniors who only go to LA fitness 1 time a week and team training...yikes.

Those are the seniors that are going to arrive in camp, bomb the beep test and bitch to their folks on the phone about not getting any PT. This is the time to hit the gas. I remember last year between April and July my player was grinding it out. It wasn't nearly as fun as her friends vegging out but it allowed her to hit the ground running when fall camp started.

GKrent DD hasn't received her packet and yours just got hers? My DD is on her 8th week out of a 12 week packet program and reports at the end of June.

I had to help my DD google some of the workout routines. They are abbreviated and read like gibberish.

The Dawgs strength and conditioning program is one of the best around and has been that way for years. I am not surprised that they have their packets in their players hands early.

Back