What do San Diego and Top Gear have in common?

Tell me about Yari! Would love to know more!

lo

I ignored this guy was just told about this post
I feel bad for you man. Are you another Surf coach acting like a poster or just an obsessed parent? Either way sad for you man. I am quite thrilled with the people I know at Surf and the parents and Coaches I respect. You need to relax delusionfutbol lol[/QUOT

This is the opposite of ignore LOL! You should not be trolling in age groups that you don't belong in. How would you like me to criticize your Snowflakes age group? You are on a forum talking about a middle schooler??? Get a grip on reality..middle school??? Its a small step above toddler soccer..stop criticizing teams and coaches. You want a troll...you and chargerfan should look in the mirror.

Tell me about Yari! Would love to know more!

Have your kid take a private or attend a practice and you will quickly understand. Great, hard working, fun and knows the game. Has the ability to watch your kid in a game for 10 minutes and get an amazing read on them. Understanding of the game at a very high level (or depth) that I seldom see. Does not try to sell you something you don't need. Very upfront and honest. Tailors his style to the age he is coaching, very age appropriate. Most coaches only have one style. Read his bio too.

Geez, @Fact certainly has a long list of coaches that they hate. Apparently they have watched every coach at SD Force and Rebels - that must keep @Fact busy! The only thing I can so far agree with that @Fact has said is that Yari Allnut is a great trainer. I can't speak to his coaching skills, since he's never coached my daughters, but he has trained my younger DD and she really improved in a short time from his training sessions. I wish she wanted to continue training with him but she is more comfortable working with a female trainer (and since she's never had a female coach I think it's good for her to have at least one female role model in her soccer world).

Most of us have multiple kids in different age groups and have been in the soccer world for awhile so have a good level of familiarity with coaches. I've watched the Ocampos coach at least two dozen games. And when I say Ocampos I mean Ocampos. You always see two or three of them coaching a single game.

I'm not sure what your point is, @chargerfan but it's super arrogant for *anyone* to say that they are familiar with *every* single coach at a club and to state that "they all suck, except for X". Honestly, it really makes me doubt their intention and doesn't seem to make them a very reliable source of objective information. Seems like @Fact has a bone to pick with both Rebels and SD Force.

My point was that after seeing a coach coach at least two dozen games you become pretty familiar with their coaching styles and personality. For instance I think we all have formed an opinion on Randy Brown that is pretty spot on.

It's great that you are happy with force but that is not everyone's cup of tea. It's nothing to be personally offended about.

My point was that after seeing a coach coach at least two dozen games you become pretty familiar with their coaching styles and personality. For instance I think we all have formed an opinion on Randy Brown that is pretty spot on.

It's great that you are happy with force but that is not everyone's cup of tea. It's nothing to be personally offended about.

If I made the assertion on here Sharks is the best club ever! I'm sure there would be a lot of parents laughing and criticizing my opinion. But who cares because it's about finding a good fit for you so who cares what anyone else thinks.

I'm not sure what your point is, @chargerfan but it's super arrogant for *anyone* to say that they are familiar with *every* single coach at a club and to state that "they all suck, except for X". Honestly, it really makes me doubt their intention and doesn't seem to make them a very reliable source of objective information. Seems like @Fact has a bone to pick with both Rebels and SD Force.
You have to wonder why people develop this "bone to pick" with certain clubs? Did their kid not make the club or only made the "B" team? Was it about playing time? There is almost always some backstory.

If you have been through the forums on this site and the old site you will see people complaining about the Ocampos, complaining about Duggan and even complaining about Dolinsky but if your DD is playing in SD then you would hope that she is playing for any one of these coaches.

Isn't this the Presidio discussion page?

Why are you ragging on middle schools soccer players? Not becoming of a surf coach.
You have to wonder why people develop this "bone to pick" with certain clubs? Did their kid not make the club or only made the "B" team? Was it about playing time? There is almost always some backstory.

If you have been through the forums on this site and the old site you will see people complaining about the Ocampos, complaining about Duggan and even complaining about Dolinsky but if your DD is playing in SD then you would hope that she is playing for any one of these coaches.

Seriously! Some people have some serious bones to pick with clubs. It doesn't take Dr. Phil to realize they feel insecure and the inferiority complex manifests itself with hateful speech to 7 years olds and foul language. Lashing out is usually a cry for help. Someone needs a hug.

Never said I know ever coach at Force or that I dislike every coach at Force. I don't like the Ocampo joysticking and @chargerfan is right, generally more than 1 show up to coach a game. I was not a fan of theirs at Surf either for that reason. I have no issue with the Currie brothers although I know a lot of people that do. As far as Rebels, if you look at how their teams did before Gabe and look at their teams that Gabe has not left an imprint on in general most suck. My kids have never tried out for Rebel nor Force and I would not let them unless they had chance to play for Yari so no problem with the clubs, but rather the people starting at the top. I have multiple kids with an age spread and also grew up playing with and have until recently played with many of these coaches. So yes I know them, their style and their bs.

We are in Del Mar and the only one of those coaches I would be happy with is Duggan. I also wouldn't put force in the same league as surf or Carlsbad DA.

Seriously! Some people have some serious bones to pick with clubs. It doesn't take Dr. Phil to realize they feel insecure and the inferiority complex manifests itself with hateful speech to 7 years olds and foul language. Lashing out is usually a cry for help. Someone needs a hug.

We are at a great club with great coaches that trust their players enough to not need to joystick. We are set.

Sorry, I'm not a hugger.

Congrats! Be happy. It's just kids soccer.

Yes. We should be able to have a discussion about coaches or clubs we like/dislike without people getting upset. If he doesn't like force, he doesn't like force, who cares. If I had a kid there I would be interested in hearing all opinions. I have heard people criticizing Shannon Mac on here, and other coaches that I do like and I have always wanted to hear both sides. Like @Striker17 said, there's some truth in every parent story.

When someone says that every single coach (except for one) at a club "sucks" I'm going to call them out for their comment because it's just plain stupid. Making that type of comment is not a discussion about a coach or club - and that's why I called Fact out on his/her sweeping generalization. To contrast, your opinion about joy sticking was a discussion about a specific coaching style that you have noticed during games and therefore not annoying.

I have more concerns than just the joysticking but I can't make a sweeping comment about the club because I only know the Ocampos. Could be that he knows the club much better than I do.

I have more concerns than just the joysticking but I can't make a sweeping comment about the club because I only know the Ocampos. Could be that he knows the club much better than I do.

Giving him the benefit of the doubt because I can say without a doubt that a club that we left a long time ago sucks. There are plenty of subpar clubs in SD.

When someone says that every single coach (except for one) at a club "sucks" I'm going to call them out for their comment because it's just plain stupid. Making that type of comment is not a discussion about a coach or club - and that's why I called Fact out on his/her sweeping generalization. To contrast, your opinion about joy sticking was a discussion about a specific coaching style that you have noticed during games and therefore not annoying.

Thou protest too much. Sweeping generalizations about how great a club is, is also stupid and should be called out. You should go to the club for the coach and getting up in the middle of the night on 3 threads to write Force is awesome is ridiculous. Especially for a Ulittle parent. I've clarified my opinion now move on unless you can't for some reason????

Thou protest too much. Sweeping generalizations about how great a club is, is also stupid and should be called out. You should go to the club for the coach and getting up in the middle of the night on 3 threads to write Force is awesome is ridiculous. Especially for a Ulittle parent. I've clarified my opinion now move on unless you can't for some reason????
Pot meet kettle.

Back