What do San Diego and Top Gear have in common?

NumberTen

SILVER ELITE
I get the distinct impression from reading the SoCal Soccer forum that San Diego and Presidio are like the sole American made car on once a season on Top Gear. Everybody hates it, except Richard Hammond, and everyone thinks to a joke.
For all the clubs in San Diego, only a few are ever referenced. There are more than just Albion, Surf and Nomads. Occasionally you see SDSC mention. I don't know the exact number of clubs in San Diego, but it has to be at least 50.
So let's all get more threads going about San Diego and Presidio.

I get the distinct impression from reading the SoCal Soccer forum that San Diego and Presidio are like the sole American made car on once a season on Top Gear. Everybody hates it, except Richard Hammond, and everyone thinks to a joke.
For all the clubs in San Diego, only a few are ever referenced. There are more than just Albion, Surf and Nomads. Occasionally you see SDSC mention. I don't know the exact number of clubs in San Diego, but it has to be at least 50.
So let's all get more threads going about San Diego and Presidio.
There is great movement and strong Leadership going on over at SDFORCEFC. Our family has joined this great club.

There is great movement and strong Leadership going on over at SDFORCEFC. Our family has joined this great club.
Honeymoon phase for Kool-Aid drinking fool. Yari is amazing, everyone else sucks. The brothers joystick and don't control players nor parents.

Honeymoon phase for Kool-Aid drinking fool. Yari is amazing, everyone else sucks. The brothers joystick and don't control players nor parents.
My son plays for the 2007 Force team. He is very happy and is learning the fundamentals of great soccer. The Kool-Aid part I can do without.

My son plays for the 2007 Force team. He is very happy and is learning the fundamentals of great soccer. The Kool-Aid part I can do without.
If you cheerlead in all caps on 3 different threads and are up in the middle of the night commenting, you've drank the Kool-Aid. Make sure you have plenty of bumper stickers.

@Striker, the beautiful style of soccer does not include joysticking. Have you ever heard them during games? Compare them to GA who is now at Surf. He accomplishes much more and without any noise pollution.

True love Gabe.
It's not cheerleading it's sticking up for someone who doesn't deserve to be discredited since he does a good job.
Spare me - I played and have several who play. Don't be butt hurt because some one stood up to you attempting to mock them and what they have done

San Diego has enough problem coaches- the Ocampo's aren't part of the systemic pollution of our system so maybe you should direct your ire to someone who is...
Dying to know who else you think is "bad".

@swilly858 you are new here. It's nice to be so supportive of your team and coach. Keep an open mind and listen to everyone. I am glad you have found something that works for your family.

San Diego has enough problem coaches- the Ocampo's aren't part of the systemic pollution of our system so maybe you should direct your ire to someone who is...
Chester would have been a good coach if he was not lazy. Everyone at Rebels now that Gabe is gone. Give Rebels a few years and their stock will drop along with its footwork. N Kooiman. I'll refrain from naming names on the boys side to preserve my id.

Colin was old school.
I am surprised you aren't a fan of Ryan Marquez I have heard nothing but awesome things about him!
I hear you though- I just think we have a lot more really garbage coaches to blast than the brothers. At least they know soccer and can actually play. They can actually demo something

Ok come on @Fact Jose and Eric are quite amazing and much needed for a beautiful style of soccer. Two sides to every story now..
True love Gabe.
It's not cheerleading it's sticking up for someone who doesn't deserve to be discredited since he does a good job.
Spare me - I played and have several who play. Don't be butt hurt because some one stood up to you attempting to mock them and what they have done
That must be some good KoolAid...speaking of butt hurt...you haven't mentioned Surf yet, what's taking so long???????

True. San Diego has a lot of problem coaches. Most of the best ones are relegated to lower level teams because they care more about development than winning.

True. San Diego has a lot of problem coaches. Most of the best ones are relegated to lower level teams because they care more about development than winning.
So true. Yari is 1 or my 2 favorite coaches in San Diego and I bet very few of you know him. Gives the most amazing privates, worth every penny.

My other favorite was for my dd at Ulittle and I use to joke that I thought he lost money coaching given the time he spent on extra practices, his own equipment, perks for the kids and time away from his job. He is a great coach and you can tell he coaches for the love of the game and the kids.

I always say that the first thing you look for in a coach (especially at Ulittle) is a coach that has a big smile when he arrives at practice; that way you know his heart is in the right place and he is coaching out of passion.

Tell me about Yari! Would love to know more!

lo
That must be some good KoolAid...speaking of butt hurt...you haven't mentioned Surf yet, what's taking so long???????

I ignored this guy was just told about this post
I feel bad for you man. Are you another Surf coach acting like a poster or just an obsessed parent? Either way sad for you man. I am quite thrilled with the people I know at Surf and the parents and Coaches I respect. You need to relax delusionfutbol lol

Our favorite trolls are back I wonder if nodeal and the rest of the clown posse are guzzling that Tecate before the start to a hard work week? They have a tendency to escalate their stupidity the closer it comes to nighty night time. Ignore button activated. :)

Our favorite trolls are back I wonder if nodeal and the rest of the clown posse are guzzling that Tecate before the start to a hard work week? They have a tendency to escalate their stupidity the closer it comes to nighty night time. Ignore button activated. :)

I'm sure someone is going to take that as a diss against surf and start on me. They are very sensitive about any criticism!

Back