West Ventura County

I am wondering if anyone has good experiences with any soccer clubs in the West Ventura County or surrounding areas? My daughter is finishing her 3rd year with her current club and we just want to shop around due to uncertainty with what is going to happen with her team. She is a goalkeeper, which I feel makes it a bit more difficult to know how to approach this. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Hello,

I am with Oxnard United SC. If you are still looking to try out a new team, we are looking for a goalie right now. Let me know if you would be interested in coming out to one of our practices. Our coach is a former goalie and runs the mamba goalkeeper training.

Hello,

I am with Oxnard United SC. If you are still looking to try out a new team, we are looking for a goalie right now. Let me know if you would be interested in coming out to one of our practices. Our coach is a former goalie and runs the mamba goalkeeper training.

Unfortunately Oxnard is a bit far for us. Good luck on your search!

Unfortunately Oxnard is a bit far for us. Good luck on your search!

Your post is confusing. West Ventura County and surrounding areas to me is the area of Ojai, Ventura, Oxnard, and Camarillo. If Oxnard is a bit far, what area are you looking at? It might be better to post what cities you are willing to drive to. The upside to driving to Oxnard is what you spend in gas, you save in club fees as the Oxnard clubs charge hundreds and even sometimes thousands less.

Your post is confusing. West Ventura County and surrounding areas to me is the area of Ojai, Ventura, Oxnard, and Camarillo. If Oxnard is a bit far, what area are you looking at? It might be better to post what cities you are willing to drive to. The upside to driving to Oxnard is what you spend in gas, you save in club fees as the Oxnard clubs charge hundreds and even sometimes thousands less.
Yeah -- Oxnard is 'West Ventura County'. And that team is an incredible opportunity for any GK. Well worth almost any drive and good on the wallet (thousands less if you compare to Eagles or Real SoCal, probably even Simi Valley Eclipse and CVU LA Galaxy).

Sorry for the confusion. We were looking at Westlake, Thousand Oaks, Moorpark, Simi and possibly Camarillo.

The easiest thing for you to do is to look at the CSL website for the G2008 teams. You want to look at the Silver Alpha and the Bronze Theta brackets. There are no SCDSL teams in that area of which I am aware.

In Silver Alpha, the Eagles Blue team (the Eagles' "third" team) took first place. The Eagles are in Camarillo, and have a very impressive group of teams at this age. From a competitive standpoint, you can't go wrong with any of their top three teams. The second-place team is Simi Valley Premier. This is a pretty solid team in it's third year. If you are looking for a good "team," then they are worth a look. If you are looking for a good "club," then you need to consider that SVP is a "decentralized" club, which means that there is no club-wide system of play or training, as each coach acts independently of the club. The other team to consider is the Simi Valley Eclipse team, which is another third-year team. This team was very strong two years ago, but lost some of its players to other clubs and needs to rebuild.

I am not as familiar with the teams in Bronze Theta (I coach another G2008 Silver team, so I am more familiar with the ones listed above). But it looks like Newbury Park has a good squad. They were undefeated during the season and had a solid performances against the Rangers' Silver Elite team in League Cup. None of the other "west" Ventura county teams in the bracket performed near to that level.

The easiest thing for you to do is to look at the CSL website for the G2008 teams. You want to look at the Silver Alpha and the Bronze Theta brackets. There are no SCDSL teams in that area of which I am aware.

In Silver Alpha, the Eagles Blue team (the Eagles' "third" team) took first place. The Eagles are in Camarillo, and have a very impressive group of teams at this age. From a competitive standpoint, you can't go wrong with any of their top three teams. The second-place team is Simi Valley Premier. This is a pretty solid team in it's third year. If you are looking for a good "team," then they are worth a look. If you are looking for a good "club," then you need to consider that SVP is a "decentralized" club, which means that there is no club-wide system of play or training, as each coach acts independently of the club. The other team to consider is the Simi Valley Eclipse team, which is another third-year team. This team was very strong two years ago, but lost some of its players to other clubs and needs to rebuild.

I am not as familiar with the teams in Bronze Theta (I coach another G2008 Silver team, so I am more familiar with the ones listed above). But it looks like Newbury Park has a good squad. They were undefeated during the season and had a solid performances against the Rangers' Silver Elite team in League Cup. None of the other "west" Ventura county teams in the bracket performed near to that level.
Thank you so much for taking the time to answer. I have heard great things about Eagles. I just wonder with a goalkeeper for each established team, if they even consider having a new goalkeeper come in? Oh...and see how easy it is to mess up that east & west thing

The Eagles are just like any other club. If your daughter is good enough to start, then they will make her a starter. Of course, the flip side of that if another keeper shows up later who is good enough to start over your daughter, then your daughter would either move to the bench or to the next team down.

LA Galaxy Conejo Valley. Great group of girls, great coach. Silver/Silver Elite and Bronze teams. Just come out to practice and see if it's a good fit, if interested. No mass tryouts. Dues include goalkeeper training offered 4 days/week.

Back