West coast tourney

For flight 1 in the 03 girls group, has anyone from west coast gone and looked at the fields?

My son played in swallows cup a number of weeks ago. They sent an email on the eve of the tournament that they deemed San Juan sports park to be unplayable...and that tournament played on some real rough fields. They had to figure out a last minute switch.

Went by the fields today, they have only gone downhill since then. Would be better to sort out early in the week instead of waiting till Friday.

Any predictions for West Coast Futbol Classic this weekend?

Bracket winners:
Bracket A: Blues 03 ecnl
Bracket B: Rebels 03
Bracket C: Wcfc 03 ecnl
Bracket D: Legends 03 Academy

Semi-finals:
Blues 03 ecnl vs Rebels 03
Wcfc 03 ecnl vs Legends 03 Academy

Championship game:
Blues 03 ecnl vs Wcfc 03 ecnl

Champion:
Blues 03 ecnl

Bracket winners:

Semi-finals:

Championship game:

Champion:
Blues 03 ecnl

Based on your semis prediction, I would take Legends over WCFC. I can definitely see Blues win the tourney. Those players should be extra motivated after Surf Cup.

For flight 1 in the 03 girls group, has anyone from west coast gone and looked at the fields?

My son played in swallows cup a number of weeks ago. They sent an email on the eve of the tournament that they deemed San Juan sports park to be unplayable...and that tournament played on some real rough fields. They had to figure out a last minute switch.

Went by the fields today, they have only gone downhill since then. Would be better to sort out early in the week instead of waiting till Friday.

G - I passed your concerns on to the Tournament Director...hopefully we get some type of resolution/response soon!

Reactions: cr7

Bracket winners:

Semi-finals:

Championship game:

Champion:
Blues 03 ecnl

Pretty darn close with these predictions...

How were the fields?
Terrible!!!

The two (2) on the west side of the complex were OK...but the two (2) on the east side were unplayable (even though we played our last group game there).

The Finals were scheduled to be played on one (1) of those terrible east side fields...but the Field Marshall/Referees determined last-minute to move to the better/more playable west side fields - problem with that, there were no lights on those fields and the game was scheduled for a 6:45 p.m. kick-off.

So...they moved the kick-off up early in order to get the full game in with sunlight still available.

It all worked out in the end...with the last 15 minutes of the Finals played in dark but safe/playable conditions (IMO)....while the lights were on over on one of the unplayable east side fields!

There are tons of fields in the OC...why this venue had to be used was beyond me...but both teams played on the same fields for all the games so I guess the field conditions gave no team an advantage.

As our coach would say..."adverse conditions" are part of the game - you have to be able to work through those conditions as a team...regardless of the adversity.

The girls that played 5 games in the heat over two days are extremely tough; I am sure there were injuries abound playing that many minutes over a short period. Blues a well deserve win, congrats.

Congrats to Blues on the tourney win. Nice rebound from the Surf Cup result.

I did not think that WC would beat Legends in the semis, but kudos to them. For those that were there for that game, the website shows a final score of 4-3. Was that a PK result? Legends does not give up many goals, so 4 to WC during regulation would be a surprise to me.

As for the SCDSL Fall season, I think it is going to be very close. There is a ton of talent on each roster. If I had to bet today on the winner, I would go with one of the non-ECNL organizations (i.e. Beach, Legends, SDSC, LAG, etc.). Then again, the season might be decided by the team that stays the healthiest during the season.

Congrats to Blues on the tourney win. Nice rebound from the Surf Cup result.

I did not think that WC would beat Legends in the semis, but kudos to them. For those that were there for that game, the website shows a final score of 4-3. Was that a PK result? Legends does not give up many goals, so 4 to WC during regulation would be a surprise to me.

As for the SCDSL Fall season, I think it is going to be very close. There is a ton of talent on each roster. If I had to bet today on the winner, I would go with one of the non-ECNL organizations (i.e. Beach, Legends, SDSC, LAG, etc.). Then again, the season might be decided by the team that stays the healthiest during the season.
The game was decided on pk's. With WC winning 4-1 on pk's and making all 4 of their pk's. I agree that it will be the Team that stays the healthiest will prevail this season. WC had 3 injured players on the bench and Blues had 1 injured player with 17 playable players.

Back