West Coast/Surf OC

Please explain. Is it a done deal? Who will all those anti-Surf Sharks parents hate on now?
I'm pretty sure that wasn't the case. WC pays their staff better then we all get paid in the neiborhood and are probably financially better off then most clubs. I don't think a non-profit club can be bought !!
This narrative is false. Anything can be bought. The process through which requires more detail than a blog can provide. However all “clubs” are absorbed under the umbrella that is the parent company and run under those guidelines and standards. Essentially making all a franchise of the the parent club Surf. Even though staff is absorbed they agree to abide by the parents standards. Thus the service fee and advertising fees, etc are paid from the franchise to the franchor in exchange for use of the overall brand and it’s so called benefits. These fees are the real deal for the parent club. The only ones that actually benefit are the parent, the club DOC, and TD. The losers are the parents, kids, and Soccer community as a whole.

If this is true how will this affect WC DA status? Can one club hold two cards? Which would hold true for ECNL.

Doesn't the Galaxy in San Diego have DA status just like the LA Galaxy? I don't think this will cause any kind of a problem and I'm sure the entire group involved with the decision making of this partnership already got pre-approval from all leagues. Congrats to both SD Surf and OC Surf !!

Something tells me that OC Surf will be the power house club to work for starting this next season !! Who wouldn't want their child to be part of a club that has all of the necessary pathways for the future growth in the game of soccer.
Doesn't the Galaxy in San Diego have DA status just like the LA Galaxy? I don't think this will cause any kind of a problem and I'm sure the entire group involved with the decision making of this partnership already got pre-approval from all leagues. Congrats to both SD Surf and OC Surf !!
Congrats you just posted two of the dumbest things I’ve read this week. Your congrats for less
Competition and the further monopoly of youth soccer is either naive or complicit. The fact that they got the approval to do this is the Fu..... problem. The “pathway to success” that you mention as a good thing is nothing more than the PR terminology used to manipulate parents into buying into the notion that the only metric of being a successful soccer player is through US Soccer and it’s play to play club model, and it’s narrow definition of success.

Heard all the Surf affiliates will report under the new Surf OC
If I was one of the smaller Surf clubs in OC, I would love to be able to come in under a group that has the pathway for both the DA and ECNL on both the girls and boys side. Doesn't mean they need to tell you how to run your particular program. But a good way to recruit players knowing they have the ability to join a DA or ECNL team.

Congrats you just posted two of the dumbest things I’ve read this week. Your congrats for less
Competition and the further monopoly of youth soccer is either naive or complicit. The fact that they got the approval to do this is the Fu..... problem. The “pathway to success” that you mention as a good thing is nothing more than the PR terminology used to manipulate parents into buying into the notion that the only metric of being a successful soccer player is through US Soccer and it’s play to play club model, and it’s narrow definition of success.
I am a coach for one of those clubs that would love to be able to give players an option within my club, rather then the Slammers, Blues, OC Surf or Strikers recruiting my players to their organizations.

If I was one of the smaller Surf clubs in OC, I would love to be able to come in under a group that has the pathway for both the DA and ECNL on both the girls and boys side. Doesn't mean they need to tell you how to run your particular program. But a good way to recruit players knowing they have the ability to join a DA or ECNL team.
I am a coach for one of those clubs that would love to be able to give players an option within my club, rather then the Slammers, Blues, OC Surf or Strikers recruiting my players to their organizations.
Than I feel your pain. However the option should be that you develope your players and that their opportunities are the same as those within a bigger club, because US Soccer equally values all players and clubs. Your players should not be forced are feel they have to move tonhave a better chance. The conglomerates who consume competition and devalue your work are not a thing to admire.

I guess they give Kool Aid to the coaches too or Thunderbolt has another alias.

While I think Surf is a great organization, it's sad to see the brand being diluted like this - soon it won't mean anything and they're just going to have their own league where their teams just play each other. Did anyone see the full page ad they put out in the soccer.com catalog asking if teams wanted to join the franchise?
I think bringing a power house club like WC and Surf together as partners will change the landscape of soccer in OC. We all know that both the Pats and Strikers could care less about their girls program unlike WC and the Slammers care a little bit about the boys but mainly the girls side. My club could care less about either !!!

Yah don’t say....but your posts seem to contradict themselves as you are praising Surf OC in one hand but complaining about them recruiting your players in another. Am I missing something?

I think bringing a power house club like WC and Surf together as partners will change the landscape of soccer in OC. We all know that both the Pats and Strikers could care less about their girls program unlike WC and the Slammers care a little bit about the boys but mainly the girls side. My club could care less about either !!!
Dude are you just trolling with these takes or are you for real. Cause I just started drinking and can’t handle anymore of this until maybe later on tonight.

Than I feel your pain. However the option should be that you develope your players and that their opportunities are the same as those within a bigger club, because US Soccer equally values all players and clubs. Your players should not be forced are feel they have to move tonhave a better chance. The conglomerates who consume competition and devalue your work are not a thing to admire.
Thanks !! I wish my BOD would see it like that. They have a different philosophy and say if a parent feels their child is to good for our program then let them leave. Pretty Sad !! They feel that these parents are just a distraction and headache on the sidelines. I wish I had 15 of these headaches on the weekend !! Drives me nuts to develop a kid and then he takes off.

Something tells me that OC Surf will be the power house club to work for starting this next season !! Who wouldn't want their child to be part of a club that has all of the necessary pathways for the future growth in the game of soccer.

If you need someone to chart out a path for you, that generally means that you don't have what it takes to get there.

Yah don’t say....but your posts seem to contradict themselves as you are praising Surf OC in one hand but complaining about them recruiting your players in another. Am I missing something?
I wish every club and every organization success, but knowing some of the coaches in the area, they seem to be pretty down to earth for the most part. I have friends at the Blues, Slammers, etc.... but Surf seems to have did something right to have the WC brand want to switch identities. According to one of my friends WC has been approached by many other clubs to do a merger but turned them all down !!!

I thought WC had issue with DA. I know many players in 05 got displaced from flights like dominoes due to the problem. id hope just changing a jersey wouldnt circumvent unfixed issues
I heard that six players from that age bracket are wanting back at WC. I know because I spent the past three weekends trying to recruit these girls. Oh well, I'm used to it but never give up. My club needs to partner with OC Surf or someone else before we disappear from the map.

It is sad to see the era of mega clubs. IMO West Coast has some of the best coaches around. I understand why other clubs have become franchises-economies of scale, name brand etc. but not sure what West Coast gets out of this. With so many A licenses and contacts I would believe that they could have been just as successful at franchising.

I wonder if this will be set up as one of the standard Surf franchises or whether they hope to poach some coaches? West Coast has had a very stable coach base unlike Surf the past few years and could gain a lot having some coaches with great contacts at the Polo Fields.
OC Surf !!! Please hire me if anyone does go south !! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

Back