West Coast/Surf OC

WC will probably be pretty smart about it.

Anyone remember the FC blades attempt to get into Slammers. They ended up not getting in but paying bigly for name and branded at Irv Slammers. Passed the cost to parents.

They did it right with Galaxy. Lesson learned by the folks running the club.

The second hand info I got said, WC was sold to Surf. Not a franchise. Don't know if true but this makes senses to me as Surf name, I don't think, adds much if any to WC.

The second hand info I got said, WC was sold to Surf. Not a franchise. Don't know if true but this makes senses to me as Surf name, I don't think, adds much if any to WC.
Just bought new sets of uniforms. And now have to spend more money to buy new ones directly thru surf.

They forgot Florida Surf! We went to play a tournament last year in Florida and played against Florida Surf!! Ugh.. really?

You get a Surf and you get Surf and you get a Surf! Everybody gets a Surf!!!
View attachment 1612

oprah-free-car.gif

You're correct, a non-profit can't be sold. Non-profits can be merged or WC could be liquidated and assets distributed to Surf.

Depending on the non-profit and its financial situation, it might be merged with the approval of both boards, carrying along its assets and liabilities; or it might be liquidated which would involve sale of assets to another non-profit or the public, which leaves open the question of the disposal of any surplus after all creditors have been satisfied, if any. I have seen one non-profit constitution that assigned any remaining assets after liquidation to a specific class of charities.

I have no insight here. I'm curious about club mergers / buyouts / affiliations.
In the case of any of the above, does an individual or group of individuals get a payout?

If there is a merger, can a club president / doc / anyone else get a payout?

I have no insight here. I'm curious about club mergers / buyouts / affiliations.
In the case of any of the above, does an individual or group of individuals get a payout?

Getting a payout from a non-profit sounds fishy...

No reason they cannot get a severance package.

I was thinking the same thing. The Surf name adds nothing to WC and I had heard they were actively seeking acquisitions not affiliates.

Since they are so close geographically, will Surf require the best players to come down to the Polo Fields? I heard that was part of the plan but I would just think that it would encourage players to go to other local clubs instead.

I was thinking the same thing. The Surf name adds nothing to WC and I had heard they were actively seeking acquisitions not affiliates.

Since they are so close geographically, will Surf require the best players to come down to the Polo Fields? I heard that was part of the plan but I would just think that it would encourage players to go to other local clubs instead.
Maybe everyone needs to put their speculations away. There are many players, families and coaches whom this will deeply affect. Time will tell as to the nature of this merger/acquisition/purchase or whatever it is.

Back