West Coast FC Classic

Congratulations to Strikers FC North G06 Ayala for getting past some really strong teams and winning the tournament.
I didn't get to watch the final but I did watch the semis and I can tell you the West Coast coach was not expecting to lose against this team. The word stunned comes to mind when looking at the faces of the West Coast parents.

I've seen Strikers North Ayala play and like their style. They ran roughshod over Flight 2 last year en route to the State Cup championship. I was suspicious of their ability to cut it in Flight 1, but they're proving on the field that they're capable. Congratulations.

Congratulations to Strikers Ayala!! Like that they play team soccer and don't base recruiting on size but skill. Speaks volumes of good team play and coaching.

Is anybody going to bring up the threats made during trophy presentation or are we all scared of having our "mother f***king face smashed in?" That was scary. And quite embarrassing.

Is anybody going to bring up the threats made during trophy presentation or are we all scared of having our "mother f***king face smashed in?" That was scary. And quite embarrassing.
You missed the memo. Coach Ayala already apologized to those families. Move on!

Yes, Coach Ayala apologized because he is a class act but he is not the one who needed to apologize. Everyone there watched the Legends' parent fly off the handle and yes, he threaten coach Coach Ayala and later someone over the phone.

Yes, Coach Ayala apologized because he is a class act but he is not the one who needed to apologize. Everyone there watched the Legends' parent fly off the handle and yes, he threaten coach Coach Ayala and later someone over the phone.
All because his DD didn't walk away with the trophy and a new jacket for the new school year? :confused:

You get what you get and you don't get upset :p

If the Strikers out hustled you then accept it....

I'm sure there is more to the story just going off of what's posted.

Anyways.....a week late but congrats to the Strikers for what I know was a tough game!!
Legends are no joke :mad:

Whats your definition of CLASS ... Not sure he fits the definition. Engaging with 11 year old girls and sending them crying to their parents.. What would you do if an opposing coach engaged your DD... SO PLEASE ...PLEASE... SAVE THE CLASS ACT COACH NONE-SENSE ... Thats about as classless as it can get .....

Please share the hole story on why the Legends Dad was so upset. Was it because your coach stepped out of line as a coach and an adult ... Please do share and don't get me going on embarrassing .... A club coach ....wow ... and you actually had the nerve to post ......

Please share the hole story on why the Legends Dad was so upset. Was it because your coach stepped out of line as a coach and an adult ... Please do share and don't get me going on embarrassing .... A club coach ....wow ... and you actually had the nerve to post ......
Dang, what happened?

The WHOLE story is that Coach Ayala said "good job, so-and-so says hi" to a Legends player. This, apparently, was very upsetting to Legends player. Perhaps Coach Ayala shouldn't have engaged with the player, but there was absolutely no negative intent. Anyone who knows Coach Ayala will understand that. Coach Ayala apologized to the player and her parent because Coach Ayala felt bad. However, does that justify someone putting their hands on you and threatening you? And what about the other girls who were watching and listening to this parent screaming expletives in a very threatening way? Is that okay? Like I said, everyone there saw the parent and they know exactly what he did and said.

Whats your definition of CLASS ... Not sure he fits the definition. Engaging with 11 year old girls and sending them crying to their parents.. What would you do if an opposing coach engaged your DD... SO PLEASE ...PLEASE... SAVE THE CLASS ACT COACH NONE-SENSE ... Thats about as classless as it can get .....

I have to agree. We played this team at the Albion Showcase in July and Coach Ayala told his keeper to take a player out because he was upset about a no call in the box. I can understand feeling upset the ref missed a call (which he didn't, it was a bang, bang play but no foul) but telling one of your players to intentionally injure another player is as classless as you can get.

The WHOLE story is that Coach Ayala said "good job, so-and-so says hi" to a Legends player. This, apparently, was very upsetting to Legends player. Perhaps Coach Ayala shouldn't have engaged with the player, but there was absolutely no negative intent.

Isn't that what every coach says to every opposing player in the post game handshake line? Wouldn't it have been less courteous to say nothing at all?

The WHOLE story is that Coach Ayala said "good job, so-and-so says hi" to a Legends player. This, apparently, was very upsetting to Legends player. Perhaps Coach Ayala shouldn't have engaged with the player, but there was absolutely no negative intent. Anyone who knows Coach Ayala will understand that. Coach Ayala apologized to the player and her parent because Coach Ayala felt bad. However, does that justify someone putting their hands on you and threatening you? And what about the other girls who were watching and listening to this parent screaming expletives in a very threatening way? Is that okay? Like I said, everyone there saw the parent and they know exactly what he did and said.

It was not a single player, it was multiple players. He had already said good job to the team, then turned around, approached the specific players and said what he said.. they were very upset and went crying to their parents. Nobody put their hands on anyone. One parent was outraged more than the others because that child was previously harassed by that "so-and-so", Ayala's friend. Ayala knew exactly what he was doing. If an adult, a CLUB COACH, is going to approach young girls to taunt them and make them cry he should expect upset parents to react. Everyone there knows that his intent was malicious, no way you can justify that! You're okay with the fact that Ayala made young girls from the opposing team cry, but you're upset that your kids had to hear a parent yell expletives? How ironic. Maybe ask Ayala to not initiate problems that will put you and your kids in a threatening environment.

It was not a single player, it was multiple players. He had already said good job to the team, then turned around, approached the specific players and said what he said.. they were very upset and went crying to their parents. Nobody put their hands on anyone. One parent was outraged more than the others because that child was previously harassed by that "so-and-so", Ayala's friend. Ayala knew exactly what he was doing. If an adult, a CLUB COACH, is going to approach young girls to taunt them and make them cry he should expect upset parents to react. Everyone there knows that his intent was malicious, no way you can justify that! You're okay with the fact that Ayala made young girls from the opposing team cry, but you're upset that your kids had to hear a parent yell expletives? How ironic. Maybe ask Ayala to not initiate problems that will put you and your kids in a threatening environment.
Why would the Coach apologize if he didn't think he did something wrong? Perhaps he thought he could throw a quick jab and the kid would just stay quiet but apparently it really struck a cord and it made the kid cry.
As the child's parent I'd be pissed off too if someone came at my child that way.

@VegasParent ...how exactly would you know the coach told his keeper to take a player out?? Did you hear it first hand?

Unfortunately there are plenty of coaches whom instruct their players "do damage" have you ever seen or played CDA Slammers Salazar???

Quick question I heard one of the strikers 06 team is breaking up is it Ayala or Mirola?

Back