West Coast Classic

Lol. Every tourney has home cooking. I’ve never seen a tourney where the home team hasn’t created a pathway to the final. Call me crazy, but I’ve never known anyone to not know this. Maybe I’ve just been in this for a very long time. Nobody got it wrong.

This 2006 mistake was also true of the semis for 2008s and 2001s. Bad job by West Coast getting three girls brackets wrong.
For the 2008’s Beach was up 1-0 at halftime and lost their best defender for the 2nd half due to migraines. Inevitably I think Blues still would have won the game. Their 08’s are a talented group.

Lol. Every tourney has home cooking. I’ve never seen a tourney where the home team hasn’t created a pathway to the final. Call me crazy, but I’ve never known anyone to not know this. Maybe I’ve just been in this for a very long time. Nobody got it wrong.

Absolutely, but none of the West Coast/ OC Surf teams made the final or even the semi-final in the 3 age groups I referenced.

I don’t know anything about their teams, but I would suspect they may not be strong at those age groups if they didn’t advance very far. But i also don’t believe trophies mean a whole lot, especially with u-littles.

And on the flip side of the coin, if much rather have my kids play a harder bracket, and better teams, than walking through a tourney and picking up a medal. 90% or teams look completely different after a couple of years. And at the ages you are talking about, most tourneys, including this one, are fairly insignificant.

Fun? yes,
Important? no.

I don’t know anything about their teams, but I would suspect they may not be strong at those age groups if they didn’t advance very far. But i also don’t believe trophies mean a whole lot, especially with u-littles.

And on the flip side of the coin, if much rather have my kids play a harder bracket, and better teams, than walking through a tourney and picking up a medal. 90% or teams look completely different after a couple of years. And at the ages you are talking about, most tourneys, including this one, are fairly insignificant.

Fun? yes,
Important? no.

Again, we're in agreement. My DDs never had any interest in plastic trophies earned vs opposition selected for their weakness. I'm simply saying you get to play the same strength of opponent if WC set it up a little better, but the kids also get one more game. (meet in final rather than semi). That's a win-win for everyone involved, especially the girls who are what it should be all about.

Congrats to the Blues players- great little team.

Again, we're in agreement. My DDs never had any interest in plastic trophies earned vs opposition selected for their weakness. I'm simply saying you get to play the same strength of opponent if WC set it up a little better, but the kids also get one more game. (meet in final rather than semi). That's a win-win for everyone involved, especially the girls who are what it should be all about.

Congrats to the Blues players- great little team.
Three games on Sunday is a little too much. The semifinal game legends v blues was a great game to watch, with two very evenly matched teams getting after it the entire game. There were clearly some very tired legs in the final game of the day though, with some pretty ugly soccer played. So while I agree that the brackets and semifinal set-up were not very well done from a spreading of the talent perspective, it likely ended up with the two best teams playing a great game when both still had the energy to play good soccer. Very nice fields for a public park too!

Three games on Sunday is a little too much. The semifinal game legends v blues was a great game to watch, with two very evenly matched teams getting after it the entire game. There were clearly some very tired legs in the final game of the day though, with some pretty ugly soccer played. So while I agree that the brackets and semifinal set-up were not very well done from a spreading of the talent perspective, it likely ended up with the two best teams playing a great game when both still had the energy to play good soccer. Very nice fields for a public park too!

That's a great point. 3 games the same day rarely looks like good soccer.

West Coast puts on a very good tournament. Always a pleasure and challenge playing Blues. Fast, organized and technical. Very impressed.

Agree 3 games and 5 in two days is real tough on the girls.

3 soccer ladies- Ha ha, just because your team beats us bad every time we play you, don't be so surprised. We can play some good soccer. :p. Homegrown players. only 1 from outside of the club 6 from 2nd and 3rd teams and that is with 2 top players leaving for albion and surf.

I would also say, ‘WOW!’ Rebels???? That team must have had some big changes. Congrats to all!
DD guested in goal for Rebels at Legends Classic and played a competitive game against Legends in the Semi-Finals. Coach has the girls ultra focused on possession and comfort level on the ball in extremely tight spaces and high pressure. When the team is on it and move the ball and make other teams chase, they can play with anyone. I was extremely impressed with their ability and direction to play out of tough scenarios.

The Semi Final was not a great game to watch! Legends played one of the worst games I've ever seen them play. Blues on the other hand came out strong and played great defense.

Back