West Coast Classic 2016

Generik

SILVER
Schedules are up...a bit weird this year with our age group playing Surf Cup and West Coast in back-to-back weekends - I believe we typically have had an extra week between these events in the past.

http://events.gotsport.com/events/results.aspx?EventID=52395&GroupID=527065&Gender=Girls&Age=14

Hopefully the weather cooperates with us and the girls are not too tired for this event (those playing Surf Cup or other events the week before) coming off the short rest week!

Schedules are up...a bit weird this year with our age group playing Surf Cup and West Coast in back-to-back weekends - I believe we typically have had an extra week between these events in the past.

http://events.gotsport.com/events/results.aspx?EventID=52395&GroupID=527065&Gender=Girls&Age=14

Hopefully the weather cooperates with us and the girls are not too tired for this event (those playing Surf Cup or other events the week before) coming off the short rest week!
With that level of competition, back to back weekends can be tough on these young ladies. Stay safe and have fun!

It seems like the list for the West Coast tourney this year is a little weaker than years past. I am not trying to insult any team, but this tourney usually attracts more "high level" teams. I am sure having Surf Cup the weekend prior had much to do with this. I would have liked for our team to play, but it's not my decision.

I find it interesting that the Blues and CZ Elite are in the same bracket. So who chooses which team the two discovery players play for this weekend? My picks usually suck, but if I had to guess today, Blues versus Legends in the finals.

Best of luck to all that are participating. I remember the crazy heat from last years tourney, so here's hoping the weather is better this year.

Uh oh...the dreaded pre-tournament Booey prediction - if we have learned anything from his past prognostications...you DO NOT want to be singled out to advance on his list!

So...guess the Blues and Legends Academy will not make it out of group-play - good luck to everyone else!

All kidding aside...thanks Booey for posting your insights and opinions - and the Discovery girls will be suiting up for their CZ Elite team...so revise your pick please!!!

Yes, my pre-tourney picks are absolutely a curse. Request done........Blues and Legends do not make it out of group.

Seriously though, that Blues vs. CZ Elite game would definitely be appointment viewing (IMHO).

On another matter, will your dd be able to play in this tourney? How is she mending? I have asked my dd multiple times for updates and get nothing from her, so I might as well ask someone who does know.

Reactions: cr7
Yes, my pre-tourney picks are absolutely a curse. Request done........Blues and Legends do not make it out of group.

Seriously though, that Blues vs. CZ Elite game would definitely be appointment viewing (IMHO).

On another matter, will your dd be able to play in this tourney? How is she mending? I have asked my dd multiple times for updates and get nothing from her, so I might as well ask someone who does know.

Booey...thanks for asking - she goes to the doctor next week for a progress check...if she is healing ok, she plans to bubble wrap for games and as long as the doctors and referees deem it safe, she plans to play...starting with Surf Cup.

Reactions: cr7
Booey...thanks for asking - she goes to the doctor next week for a progress check...if she is healing ok, she plans to bubble wrap for games and as long as the doctors and referees deem it safe, she plans to play...starting with Surf Cup.

Very good to hear. I would suggest some HGH to help the healing process.:)

Look forward to seeing you guys out there!

Back