Video Sharing

... kid made a play with intent or pure reflex and instinct.
How/Why does it matter?

How can you tell if the player trained and now has a reflex reaction, or it was instinct?

Last edited:
How/Why does it matter?

How can you tell if the player trained and now has a reflex reaction, or it was instinct?

I never mentioned that you can tell if it was done through training or natural instinct. If it is instinct you want to make sure he/she doesn't go away from it. If it's training he/she has a lot to be proud of the lesson was learned so young.

This is one item that is greatly missing from TeamSnap!
The video sharring portion is what will make this app the best.

This is one item that is greatly missing from TeamSnap!
The video sharring portion is what will make this app the best.

I agree, shutterfly was nice because you can post videos and images but the platform was weak. TeamSnap is organized and easy to follow but is limited with what you can share. We upload our game videos to youtube (keep it unlisted) then share the link via teamsnap for the players/coaches/families to watch. Its a longer process but that seems to be the best option for our team right now.

Youtube is the way to go, Vimeo is another great option. You can download 1080/60fps with the youtube uploader, pretty much all built in . You use free software like Imovie if your a mac user and in a couple of easy steps , you videos are available to everyone. My sons games are on our channels and all my relatives overseas get to watch them, pretty cool.

I agree, shutterfly was nice because you can post videos and images but the platform was weak. TeamSnap is organized and easy to follow but is limited with what you can share. We upload our game videos to youtube (keep it unlisted) then share the link via teamsnap for the players/coaches/families to watch. Its a longer process but that seems to be the best option for our team right now.

Teamsnap, although it is better for scheduling and team management, is so disappointing with their photo/ video capabilities. Shutterfly is far superior to allow viewing larger sized images and photo sharing. I also like that teamsnap doesn't require you to constantly type your log in to view the images or video you share. Its quick and easy to access on the go.

After reviewing the video sharing options I also found Youtube the best way to share video. Vimeo has amazing quality but you have to pay to upload higher video file sizes. It will not take long to exceed the free upload limit and then you have to pay for Vimeo upgraded plans.

I bought a HiPod LX25 and uploaded the game videos to YouTube. Worked great.

If a parent truly wants the video to edit into a highlight, just have them give you a jump drive at practice.

I bought a HiPod LX25 and uploaded the game videos to YouTube. Worked great.

If a parent truly wants the video to edit into a highlight, just have them give you a jump drive at practice.
That is an incredible set up. Pricey though. I imagine wind is an issue. Are there any other more affordable high tripods available you know of? Maybe not quite so high but that get the job done.

That is an incredible set up. Pricey though. I imagine wind is an issue. Are there any other more affordable high tripods available you know of? Maybe not quite so high but that get the job done.

You do get some sway from the wind. The base is incredibly stable though.

I think someone else posted a component list to piece together something similar in a different thread.

I have seen people use a soloshot setup as well. The only downside I saw was that the motorized pan struggled to keep up with long balls, etc.

there's plenty of alternatives , my setup is legit and Im planning on selling at end of season, Im going with a different camera next year anyone wants it PM me, Im going to build the exact same set up purchased all thru amazon for cheap
13' high and you can pan and tilt zoom everything, Im located in OC and be willing to show all you guys how to build one for dirt cheap, PM me

Back