Video Highlights

Hey All- A friend asked me if I could compile her daughters highlight clips into a video they can use for college recruiting. I did it for them to see how much time it would take me.
Seems the going rate for something like this is around $300.
If anyone out there needs a highlight reel put together- I'm open for business. $200 gets you a 3-4 minute reel that will look like this:

I'll send you the MP4 and create the Youtube link for you. Also willing to do edits as you gather additional highlights (Free of charge if within reason).

Highlight clips preferred, but I can snip highlights from full game footage. I just ask that you give me the approximate time stamps of your players highlights.

Your satisfaction is guaranteed- If I do a project for you and you hate the output- Don't pay me.

You can DM me here or send an email to highlightvideoservices@gmail.com

Made an adjustment to highlight the player. Open to ideas or things you've seen on other highlight reels.
Ideally highlights should include off the ball movement, connecting passes, pressing, defending and of scoring. As we get more from the player featured in my video, I'll update for her.

One thing I’d recommend for the highlight videos is to get an VEO camera and tripod to elevate it (I think about 20 feet). My DD’s club records all her games using one and the quality is excellent. Plus, the software allows each parent to clip highlights and text or email them to yourself. Plus, the coach can mark up the game film and show the girls different things tgat

We liked it so much that the parents on her team just pitched in for a second camera, so we’ll have one set at midfield on each side of the field. One of the dad’s on the team is good with the tech, so he is going to operate it. We split the second camera, elevated tripod, case and a year’s subscription to the VEO camera and it was only $125 each.

One thing I’d recommend for the highlight videos is to get an VEO camera and tripod to elevate it (I think about 20 feet). My DD’s club records all her games using one and the quality is excellent. Plus, the software allows each parent to clip highlights and text or email them to yourself. Plus, the coach can mark up the game film and show the girls different things tgat

We liked it so much that the parents on her team just pitched in for a second camera, so we’ll have one set at midfield on each side of the field. One of the dad’s on the team is good with the tech, so he is going to operate it. We split the second camera, elevated tripod, case and a year’s subscription to the VEO camera and it was only $125 each.
Totally agree.
Getting good footage is the hard part. 90% of what I put together above was filmed from an iphone at field level.

Made an adjustment to highlight the player. Open to ideas or things you've seen on other highlight reels.
Ideally highlights should include off the ball movement, connecting passes, pressing, defending and of scoring. As we get more from the player featured in my video, I'll update for her.

Totally agree.
Getting good footage is the hard part. 90% of what I put together above was filmed from an iphone at field level.
Definitely helps to get elevated footage--if you want to show someone threading a through ball or making a good run into space you just can't do it at field level. Veo is great; so is Pixellot.

Good call highlighting the player. It's important for parents to remember that coaches may be receiving 100 of these a day, and anything that makes it easier for them to engage with the video makes it more likely they'll keep watching. With that in mind, though, it's probably a good idea to load the best stuff into the first 30 seconds. There's no guarantee anyone will make it to the end.

One last thought: make a list of attributes that are important to your player's position and try to cover them in the highlights. A center back will want to show stuff like strong tackling, being good in the air, and a range of distribution from short linking passes to long outlet balls. Their highlights will look different than an attacking mid's or a wing's. So if someone watches your video all the way through, they'll be told a story that's specific to a skill set.

Some other thoughts on video highlights -

- Have a YouTube channel so you can have multiple videos and see which videos are getting viewed and when.

- Make event specific highlight videos (ECNL Showcase, Surf Cup, etc). In my experience these are viewed much more than the generic player introduction highlight reel.

- Make game specific videos if your player had some really good highlights. It gives you something to send to people you are already talking with.

- Post full game videos, especially if you play a top team in your age group.

- Pay attention to how much of your videos are being watched. For example, the average watch time on my boy's channel is 1:52 seconds. Trim the highlights tight so you don't waste valuable seconds and put the most compelling stuff at the beginning.

Looks good , here a few tips
Add height and weight to stats​
Trim highlight to approx 3-3.30 mins-Less is more​
Misses are just as good as goals​
Start the clips where the coaches can see where the player is off the ball.
Lower the music to 20%​

Highlights are a invitation to come watch a kid play, spark their interest and lets the coaches seek the player out .

great job man!!!

Also you need to double your prices , you'll quickly see that all the back and forth (and your time ) is not worth 200.00, 300 may be the bench mark but we charge for edits. Average highlight said and done is around 500.

Good luck !!

Looks like Youtube didn't like the personal information I had at the end of the updated video.
Here is a version that shouldn't get removed this time.

A few tips from conversations with college coaches:
- many get a huge volume of emails from prospective players and it’s critical to grab attention in the first few seconds, so short clips of best plays up front
- most prefer no music
- for keepers, highlights should focus on shot stopping - can follow up with distribution footage if coach shows interest

Back