Verbal Commitments

Lot's of the other 3 regions represented on that list. Those are high school freshmen so it is kinda crazy that there are so many committed players that haven't even completed 2 semesters of high school. Personally I think that they are playing with fire as freshmen are far from finished products. The only one that is close to being a lock (meaning a top player by the time she is 18) is JC (and she was on the U17 WNT and might be an older freshman).

And the Adidas contract ends this summer, correct? About the shoe thing, does UA produce high top boots? I've searched their website to no avail. I'd explain my thinking but you probably know the value (at least I have found) in a player's boot (i.e. fit, style, etc), but I'm not saying that the boot makes the player by any means. And I definitely share the same belief, if it's free it's free. Also, I know that a lot of contracts have the "leeway" where if a player is having problems with their feet due to the product, they can wear another brand only if the brand is (depending on the contract) either covered/hidden or covered with a sticker for the respective brand. I believe at Oregon, Nike had stated that should the player have problems they will do their best to adapt/personalize the shoe to that specific player's needs, but if ultimately it doesn't work, the above goes into effect.

They have options if they don't like the shoes. I am going to bet that the people at UA are working of something nice for the premier member of their college athletic stable. UCLA has the best overall athletic program in the nation so I'd imagine they are going to put something worthy of that together.

Back